MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyByLele
REALLY?!?!?!!? Cuz the email said I could start shopping right away via online , in store (w/ valid ID) or over the phone !!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that also, and you don't even need your pro number just an id to show at the store because you are already in the system (for everyone thats asking if you can shop without a card)

JaMi81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momolovesmac
anyone knows the percentage discount for macpro card in US?

Is this what you are looking for?

40%= Makeup Artist
30%= Aesthetician, Cosmetologist, Performers/On-Air Talent, Fashion Stylist/Costume Designer, Photographer, Model, Hairstylist, Nail Technician

Momolovesmac

Thanks for the respond.
I am a macpro card holder in my country but I want to get some cremeblush from the regular collection that is available in US but not at where I am. I have emailed mac many times to enquire if they could help me with this problem. and to see if I can do the purchase online from US using my macpro card.

Anyone can help advise or help with the purchase? Pls pm me
yes.gif

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMi81

40%= Makeup Artist
30%= Aesthetician, Cosmetologist, Performers/On-Air Talent, Fashion Stylist/Costume Designer, Photographer, Model, Hairstylist, Nail Technician

So... quiz question. If I have my cosmetology license, but my card says I'm a makeup artist (this is all hypothetical--makeup artistry is what I'd like to get in to) which discount do I get?
th_dunno.gif

Crystal72886

Ok so I sent in my application Mar 18th. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a time difference, if using a check; because it seems like everyone here used a credit card.

LoveMyMakeup

I mailed mine 3/22 using a debit card and so far nothing. I've called and they keep telling me I am not on their approved or denied list. Also, to wait 4-6 weeks. I hope I get it
smiles.gif

aahh i just sent out my app on the 14th and i swear it feels like forever... gingin501 pls keep me updated because you sent yours out 2 days before me ...

JaMi81

Just to help you out, I mailed mine on March 4 and they took the money out on March 29 and I received my email with my member number on April 5. I still haven't received my card but they said they have been a little behind but they put a request in on March 30 so I should have it this Friday, HTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbeautyGEEK
aahh i just sent out my app on the 14th and i swear it feels like forever... gingin501 pls keep me updated because you sent yours out 2 days before me ...

gingin501

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbeautyGEEK

I sure will! Good luck!

BeautyByLele

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMi81
Just to help you out, I mailed mine on March 4 and they took the money out on March 29 and I received my email with my member number on April 5. I still haven't received my card but they said they have been a little behind but they put a request in on March 30 so I should have it this Friday, HTH.

Yeah I havent received my card either and I received my email on the 22nd of march. Im not really worried because all that matters is that I was approved and I am still able to shop without the card.

JaMi81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyByLele
Yeah I havent received my card either and I received my email on the 22nd of march. Im not really worried because all that matters is that I was approved and I am still able to shop without the card.

Yeah, that's about how I feel.

SurfStar16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfStar16
First of all. Thank you to everyone on this forum! =) I applied for the Pro Card on Sunday March 7 and saw the charge on my card yesterday which was Wednesday March 10. yay! All I sent was a copy of my business card and a letter of reference which I had to type up myself because my client isn't too good with computers. In the letter all I stated was that she hired me to do her makeup for a photoshoot for her website and that I was professional and hygienic and that she highly recommends me to be a part of their program to further my education. I made it on Microsoft word in one of their letter templates and entered her business name and address in the letter head. Then just had her sign it.

Yay! Now I have to play the waiting game and hope it comes in before I leave to Japan so I can buy some makeup! Does anyone know if the discount works in the Mac store in Tokyo??

Just wanted to update on my status. I FINALLY received my pro card in the mail today, April 22. WOW it took over 1 month!!

I didn't check my email and didn't realize that MAC sent me my pro number to start purchasing with on March 22nd.
th_wallbash.gif
Needless to say the mailman now knows me by my first name.. haha My only advice, is keep all of your references as professional as possible and be patient. Good luck all!

OH and a side note.. I already signed up for my first Pro Class! it's a Bridal workshop with Fred V! yay And they said I didn't need to have my card present to sign up. Just my number and $100 to put on a gift card to be spent at the store on the day of the class. Twist my arm.. lol

Rinstar

SurfStar- just curious, did you include the website address in the letter of reference? I can definitely send them a business card and a similar letter, so I'm just wondering if I should include the web address. I wonder if they go and look at the website?

Pink_Ruve

I'm sure this question has been posted somewhere in the 40 pages of the thread. Sorry to ask it again! I'm a freelance artist, and finally am getting around to filling out my pro card application. What would be considered my second proof of occupation? I have a business card, and read someone saying that they sent in a letter of recommendation and got accepted. Any help would be great!!!

BeautyByLele

Hey just passing through to let yall know I recieved my pro card in the mail on Friday . . . So yes I got everything I need. Also thanks to everybody on this thread for their help.
th_worship.gif

FYI . . . This whole process too approx took two and a half months.... but it is worth the wait and stress . . .. . LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mac_haul.gif

JaMi81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_Ruve
I'm sure this question has been posted somewhere in the 40 pages of the thread. Sorry to ask it again! I'm a freelance artist, and finally am getting around to filling out my pro card application. What would be considered my second proof of occupation? I have a business card, and read someone saying that they sent in a letter of recommendation and got accepted. Any help would be great!!!

Yes, a letter of recommendation would work. Thats what I turned in and I was accepted.