MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

kenoki

Alright! I did it! I faxed in an application. Took forever to find necessary paperwork other than business card. Gathered together an old call sheet and a professional letter of recommendation... Now to sit and wait!.... *bites fingernails*

kenoki

Woohoo!!! As mentioned, I faxed everything in late Saturday night. And they charged my credit card TODAY (Monday morning!). The turnaround time was 34 hours from the moment I sent the fax to the moment my card was charged (and they were closed for 30 of those hours). Lightening fast!

SO EXCITED. SO. EXCITED!!!!!!

When will I receive a number? Via email? EEE!!! Thanks for all the help, yall!!

bellaxo812

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoki
Woohoo!!! As mentioned, I faxed everything in late Saturday night. And they charged my credit card TODAY (Monday morning!). The turnaround time was 34 hours from the moment I sent the fax to the moment my card was charged (and they were closed for 30 of those hours). Lightening fast!

Thats so exciting for you!! But now I regret mailing mine in. I thought they weren't taking faxes anymore so I didn't even try. It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. And I really needed to get some stuff for a shoot I have this weekend....urgh

kenoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaxo812
Thats so exciting for you!! But now I regret mailing mine in. I thought they weren't taking faxes anymore so I didn't even try. It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. And I really needed to get some stuff for a shoot I have this weekend....urgh

Aww shucks... I know it won't help for this weekend, but if you have all of your documents in order, I would go ahead and fax it in just in case (as a backup plan). Obviously fax is not their preferred method of receipt, but at least you get immediate confirmation that they received the application at all! And good luck homie! I can't wait to watch my kit grow.
smiles.gif

bellaxo812

Quote:
Aww shucks... I know it won't help for this weekend, but if you have all of your documents in order, I would go ahead and fax it in just in case (as a backup plan). Obviously fax is not their preferred method of receipt, but at least you get immediate confirmation that they received the application at all! And good luck homie! I can't wait to watch my kit grow.
smiles.gif

What number did you fax it to? I just hope they don't charge my card twice.

kenoki

Quote:
What number did you fax it to? I just hope they don't charge my card twice.

I faxed it to: 905-944-6400

I don't think that they would charge your card twice -- if they put you in the system via the fax info, they'd see you were already in the system when they tried again. I've also read of other people who've sent in applications both ways to cover their bases, and haven't heard of any problems that occurred. Still, anything's possible! But I'd probably take the gamble, Indiana Jones style. Hehe.

bellaxo812

Quote:
I faxed it to: 905-944-6400

I don't think that they would charge your card twice -- if they put you in the system via the fax info, they'd see you were already in the system when they tried again. I've also read of other people who've sent in applications both ways to cover their bases, and haven't heard of any problems that occurred. Still, anything's possible! But I'd probably take the gamble, Indiana Jones style. Hehe.

Thank you! I'm gonna fax my stuff in and maybe I'll be as lucky as you...fingers crossed!!

Senoj

Quote:

You may or may not receive your email in time. The whole process for me was 2 weeks. I had already received my card and then the email came later.

bellaxo812

Well, I faxed my stuff yesterday afternoon and I just checked my account this morning and I saw the debit for $35 for MAC had already been posted!
yahoo.gif

That was a turnaround of less than 24 hours, but now I just have to wait for my card or email.

I don't think I've ever been so excited to have someone take my money lol.

Melxo

Hey Specktra!!

I just recently graduated my Make up Artistry course with a 92%
greengrin.gif

I have my certificate and I wanted to apply for my pro card. What else do I need to send in, because I know you need more than once piece and I just have my certificate.

LC

melxo..send a comp card or a business card, those are the easiest things to send.

Tatyiona

I'm going to fax my application Monday morning I didn't want it just sitting there all weekend wish me luck!

kenoki

Quote:
Well, I faxed my stuff yesterday afternoon and I just checked my account this morning and I saw the debit for $35 for MAC had already been posted!
yahoo.gif

That was a turnaround of less than 24 hours, but now I just have to wait for my card or email.

Yay, congrats!! I received my card in the mail today. 8 day total turnaround time, from the moment I faxed (last Saturday) to when I received the card (today). And my MACPRO cart is already full... hehe.

manthanoelle

Quote:
yahoo.gif

Congrats! Same thing happened to me when I faxed mine in.
I was so excited I actually called MACPro and was like... there's this charge does that mean I am um, ya know... approved? Even though I knew what the charge meant I needed to hear it directly from someones mouth.

Then I went straight to MAC and dropped a few hundred for my kit hahaha

spunky

i'm starting a HND in make up artistry in august, do you ladies think i'll need to send in a copy of my student ID card with my Pro Student application, or will they accept the correspondance between me and the college as proof that i am on the course? i want to apply ASAP, but i don't get my ID card till i start on the 23rd
ssad.gif

i'm in the UK and at a mac-accredited college. TIA!

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i'm starting a HND in make up artistry in august, do you ladies think i'll need to send in a copy of my student ID card with my Pro Student application, or will they accept the correspondance between me and the college as proof that i am on the course? i want to apply ASAP, but i don't get my ID card till i start on the 23rd
ssad.gif

i'm in the UK and at a mac-accredited college. TIA!

I don't think you'll need a student ID card in particular. I looked up the US version of the Pro Student membership and I am not sure if it varies between the UK and here, but I think as long as you are enrolled to take the class and have some sort of document stating you are enrolled in the course you should be ok. If you don't have anything on paper stating you're enrolled yet but you are in fact signed up for the course and just see maybe if the school could send you something stating that you are enrolled in their program. And that should work.

Plus a copy of your regular ID and the application + payment. Hoped that helped! And good look! *crosses fingers*

bellaxo812

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthanoelle
Congrats! Same thing happened to me when I faxed mine in.
I was so excited I actually called MACPro and was like... there's this charge does that mean I am um, ya know... approved? Even though I knew what the charge meant I needed to hear it directly from someones mouth.

Then I went straight to MAC and dropped a few hundred for my kit hahaha

Haha...sounds like me yesterday. I got my card in the mail yesterday and of course I headed to MAC to celebrate
choochoo.gif
th_sign_woot.gif

I broke the bank at MAC yesterday
eeksign.gif