MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaxo812
Haha...sounds like me yesterday. I got my card in the mail yesterday and of course I headed to MAC to celebrate
choochoo.gif
th_sign_woot.gif

I broke the bank at MAC yesterday
eeksign.gif

Hahahaha sounds about right I think everyone does that when they finally get their card!

I have you beat though, when I found out I was approved and went over to my usual freestanding store and was like you can look up my pro # if I just gave you my ID right? So I didn't even have my actual card yet and was going nuts. hahahaha

Tatyiona

I faxed in my application twice last week and I haven't seen a charge, I think I was declined because the letter I sent was a letter of employment/personal reference because I started doing the clients makeup outside of work and she didn't even sign the letter. So I called today I didnt tell him I faxed it b/c I didn't want to hear the whole can't recieve fax bit he said since I sent it last week I wouldn't be in the system and if i don't recieve a denial letter in 2 weeks I'm fine but I have a event coming up and my bday is next week and I want my card sooner than later. I have a program from a music performace and better letter of employment plus my business card so should I wait to get the denial letter and reapply or just fax the new application now?

Uh i am so frusterated im in toronto and i sent the application to the Toronto office and im still not in the system. I don't understand what takes so long.

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatyiona
I faxed in my application twice last week and I haven't seen a charge, I think I was declined because the letter I sent was a letter of employment/personal reference because I started doing the clients makeup outside of work and she didn't even sign the letter. So I called today I didnt tell him I faxed it b/c I didn't want to hear the whole can't recieve fax bit he said since I sent it last week I wouldn't be in the system and if i don't recieve a denial letter in 2 weeks I'm fine but I have a event coming up and my bday is next week and I want my card sooner than later. I have a program from a music performace and better letter of employment plus my business card so should I wait to get the denial letter and reapply or just fax the new application now?

I would wait. I wouldn't want for them to be overwhelmed and if you were to be declined with your first round of application. And then resubmit better info which would have you approved but for some reason with the overwhelming submission of info you wouldn't want them to mess up your paper work and have you declined even with propper info.

From what it sounds like you were more than likely denied. What was your second proof of credentials? The letter not being signed would be a red flag I think, unless it was on an official letter head.

I think a program would be better than the letter and sent in along with your card. Except, are you trying to apply for the MUA discount? Because it sounded like you are listed in the program as performer and not an MUA, which I could have read that wrong. But if your business card says you are an MUA and your second piece of proof shows you as another one of the various eligible categories from what I know if they even approve that than they usually give you the lesser of the two credentials and give you the 30% performers discount and not the 40% MUA.

Tatyiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthanoelle
I would wait. I wouldn't want for them to be overwhelmed and if you were to be declined with your first round of application. And then resubmit better info which would have you approved but for some reason with the overwhelming submission of info you wouldn't want them to mess up your paper work and have you declined even with propper info.

From what it sounds like you were more than likely denied. What was your second proof of credentials? The letter not being signed would be a red flag I think, unless it was on an official letter head.

I think a program would be better than the letter and sent in along with your card. Except, are you trying to apply for the MUA discount? Because it sounded like you are listed in the program as performer and not an MUA, which I could have read that wrong. But if your business card says you are an MUA and your second piece of proof shows you as another one of the various eligible categor ies from what I know if they even approve that than they usually give you the lesser of the two credentials and give you the 30% performers discount and not the 40% MUA.

The first letter had the companys name and logo but It could have looked better. The program was from a performance but I'm listed as the makeup artist. I will just send my business card, the program, and letter of employment that looks more professional. So I guess I'll wait until I get my letter
ssad.gif

manthanoelle

Quote:
The first letter had the companys name and logo but It could have looked better. The program was from a performance but I'm listed as the makeup artist. I will just send my business card, the program, and letter of employment that looks more professional. So I guess I'll wait until I get my letter
ssad.gif

Sounds like you have a good plan hun! Id say just leave out the letter. You only need 2 proofs so the program and your card should be fine.

Melxo

Hey Specktra ProCard holders..

I have a couple questions for you...

Can your business card just say Your Name/Freelance Make Up Artist/Phonenumber

Also can you buy brush kits/colour kits or pallets?

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melxo
Hey Specktra ProCard holders..

I have a couple questions for you...

Can your business card just say Your Name/Freelance Make Up Artist/Phonenumber

Also can you buy brush kits/colour kits or pallets?

Your standard business card is just fine.

Nope. They do not even list those items on the Pro site for purchase. At the holiday time you do not get your discount on the holiday kits. A few years ago in late January you were able to buy them at your discount. But this year that didn't happen, one day they were there the next I assume they were headed to the CCO haha.

DaniCakes

Sent my application, professional reference from ad agency, business card and resume around noon Chicago time today. Called macpro around 5ish and asked if they received my fax. A nice woman answered and said it takes 24 hours for them to receive faxes and to call back tomorrow. Crosses my fingers. I'm ready for my card.

DaniCakes

Okay so I called MAC this morning to verify that they received my fax. A woman answered took my info and looked it up. Then she asked what I faxed and what number i faxed it too. She said they don't accept pro applications via fax and the 905-944-6400 number isn't the correct number. She said that the MAC apps have to be mailed. I spent $7.00 faxing for nothing. what address did you girls mail the app too?

DaniCakes

Good News,

I called the 905-940-2437 number and talked to a nice woman who said they did receve my app and will process it immediately. They normally don't accept applications any other way but mail, but they accepted mine. I called the 905 number and told the lady I was concerned because my cc info was on the fax. They did receive my info and it was in their system. However, they did have my address wrong. Always good to call and check.

DaniCakes

Update: I see a $35 charge from MAC in my account. I'm officially a procard member. Screaming and jumping up and down......

Senoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniCakes
Update: I see a $35 charge from MAC in my account. I'm officially a procard member. Screaming and jumping up and down......

Yay!! Congrats!!

manthanoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniCakes

CONGRATS HUN!
Do your card justice and break it innnnnnn.

manthanoelle

Just a quick tip for everyone: if you want to fax your applications in I would suggest emailing [email protected] first and just say you are very concerned about sending your sensitive credit card information via mail because what if it gets lost and you don't want to put that a stake. And say you would prefer to send it to them directly. And then ask if it were possible if you could fax it to them. Just because you don't want to accidentally be one of the people who faxed it and are denied becaused you faxed it with out authorization of submitting your application "the right way" (ahem, we all know faxing in your application is the right way and MACPro needs to get back with it)

They're pretty quick it's usually Janice who replies. She's very nice and is understanding.

Tatyiona

Yayyyyyy I actually did get my card I was sooo concerned about not seeing a charge within a week I thought I was denied. They called today and just said get my reference letter signed and fax it again and I should get my card in 2-3 weeks! This was a great birthday present

Just had a quick question. I maled in my application from toronto on may 26th and its june 17th today and mac has told me i am still not in the system, just wondering has anyone else waited this long to be put in the system. Just worried that my application got lost.
They did check the decline list and told me i am not on the decline list.
Thanks so much.

manthanoelle

Quote:
Yayyyyyy I actually did get my card I was sooo concerned about not seeing a charge within a week I thought I was denied. They called today and just said get my reference letter signed and fax it again and I should get my card in 2-3 weeks! This was a great birthday present

CONGRATS HUN!
I am too lazy to check back and see if it was you who said you they had a gig coming up and needed to restock your kit. But head over to your local freestanding store if you want one and your pro number will come up in your customer file and will be applied even with out your card. You'll just have to show them your ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclover2371
Just had a quick question. I maled in my application from toronto on may 26th and its june 17th today and mac has told me i am still not in the system, just wondering has anyone else waited this long to be put in the system. Just worried that my application got lost.
They did check the decline list and told me i am not on the decline list.
Thanks so much.

I would called them tomorrow and say what you told us, you're not yet in the system and are not on the declined list. And you are greatly concerned about your info being lost. And ask if you could directly fax it to them because you have all of your credentials.

This is close to what happened to me and they let me fax in my stuff and was approved with in 24 hours.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your advice manthanoelle they keep telling me it tales 4-6 weeks, but i just wanted to know if they at least received my info which they are saying they cant tell if they did or not.. sooo frusterating.

manthanoelle

what in the WORLD. that's so sooo stupid. they should tell you if they even received it seeing as you do have sensitive personal information on there. So you wont have to worry if it's been lost or something. Hopefully it works out soon!