MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

marlojean83

I'm sending off my application today - I've been meaning to do this since last year! I'll keep the thread posted on how long it takes before I get my email and card.

Senoj

Hi All,

I just sent off my application on Friday to the the Buffalo, NY address instead of the Canada address. Is the turn around time about the same (a month or so) if you send it in to NY? Thanks

Senoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin501
I am a proud MAC Pro Card holder as of today!!!!!!!!

Hi! Did you mail or fax it in? Thanks

gingin501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoj
Hi! Did you mail or fax it in? Thanks

I mailed my application on April 12th. I called today to check on the status and I was approved!

OMGosh im so excited i just checked my bank account and it was charged today.. woohoo i cant wait to go shopping..! Thank you everyone and good luck =]

JaMi81

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadow
So... quiz question. If I have my cosmetology license, but my card says I'm a makeup artist (this is all hypothetical--makeup artistry is what I'd like to get in to) which discount do I get?
th_dunno.gif

If your card and information says Makeup Artist then you will get the 40% other than that you would get the 30%.

JaMi81

Quote:
Hi All,

I just sent off my application on Friday to the the Buffalo, NY address instead of the Canada address. Is the turn around time about the same (a month or so) if you send it in to NY? Thanks

When I called and asked about the different address, the guy said that if you send it to the NY address they will open it and then mail it to the Canada address. So I'm thinking it might take a little longer but I'm not sure.

Senoj

Quote:
Hi All,

I sent my card in on 4/26 to NY and today 5/5 my card was charged for $35! Beyond excited!!! I was in a bad mood today but this cheered me up! Never been so excited about receiving a piece of plastic in the mail. I did the happy dance at work and almost danced my hair piece off lol
yahoo.gif

PS I sent in business card, resume, head shot, certificate of mu school and flier w/ makeup that I do for a photographer.

my card came in the mail today!!!! i couldnt wait to get home i made my BF give me my account number so i can shop online lol... good luck everyone =D

gingin501

Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbeautyGEEK
my card came in the mail today!!!! i couldnt wait to get home i made my BF give me my account number so i can shop online lol... good luck everyone =D

SurfStar16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
SurfStar- just curious, did you include the website address in the letter of reference? I can definitely send them a business card and a similar letter, so I'm just wondering if I should include the web address. I wonder if they go and look at the website?

I did include the web address at the bottom of the letter. Here is a scan of the letter i sent. Hope it helps.
http://co123w.col123.mail.live.com/a...092738C0%7C%7C

Side note- My friend who does more makeup gigs than I do got turned down for the Pro card. She didn't use a professional letter head and just sent a letter of reference from a bride who's makeup she did and the contract they signed along with her business card. So make sure its a profession letter head. Word has a TON of templates for letter heads.

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie*72
I was denied AGAIN! I'm in shock here. They said personal letters, "homemade" flyers and business cards (what?!) and makeup service contracts are NOT accepted.
I'm calling them tomorrow.

Yes they will deny you my business cards and flyers were professionally printed. Theirs places online you can find to do them that are reasonable in price my stuff came to like 24.00 through Vista Print which wasnt bad because I do get use out of passing out my business cards and flyers.

bellaxo812

Does anyone know if I can send them just the copy of my makeup artistry certificate or do I have to send in the original? I'm figuring that a copy would suffice, but better safe than sorry. I know MAC has gotten more strict in the last couple years with the pro discount. I emailed MAC but am still waiting for an answer and I'm hoping someone can answer my question. TIA!

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaxo812
Does anyone know if I can send them just the copy of my makeup artistry certificate or do I have to send in the original? I'm figuring that a copy would suffice, but better safe than sorry. I know MAC has gotten more strict in the last couple years with the pro discount. I emailed MAC but am still waiting for an answer and I'm hoping someone can answer my question. TIA!

Just a copy because they will not send back anything you send in with your application so copy of your id a copy of your certificate and one other piece of professional criteria and your application you will be good to go!

Senoj

Quote:
I sent my card in on 4/26 to NY and today 5/5 my card was charged for $35! Beyond excited!!! I was in a bad mood today but this cheered me up! Never been so excited about receiving a piece of plastic in the mail. I did the happy dance at work and almost danced my hair piece off lol
yahoo.gif

PS I sent in business card, resume, head shot, certificate of mu school and flier w/ makeup that I do for a photographer.

I received my card on Thu. 5/13. So excited!!! It took 2 weeks in total!
mac_haul.gif

bellaxo812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
Just a copy because they will not send back anything you send in with your application so copy of your id a copy of your certificate and one other piece of professional criteria and your application you will be good to go!

Thank you!

Rinstar

Thanks SurfStar, I appreciate the help! The photographer who is going to write my letter has letterhead that he uses, so that will be perfect.