MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

JaMi81

I am SOOOOO excited!!!!!! I called MAC Pro to see if I was approved for my card and I was approved today!!!! The card will be mailed tomorrow!!!!!
pompom.gif

nursee81

I know that they have gotten a lot stricter then before. My friend she is a licensed cosmetologist and was denied because they thought her license was a fake and she had to resubmit her information.

MissMac27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMi81
I am SOOOOO excited!!!!!! I called MAC Pro to see if I was approved for my card and I was approved today!!!! The card will be mailed tomorrow!!!!!
pompom.gif

Did you fax in your application or did you mail it in? I still haven't heard anything or been charged on my account, but then again I only faxed my application in on Friday. I plan on faxing it again this friday if I dont hear anything or see a charge by then. Congrats on getting your card by the way!!

JaMi81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMac27
Did you fax in your application or did you mail it in? I still haven't heard anything or been charged on my account, but then again I only faxed my application in on Friday. I plan on faxing it again this friday if I dont hear anything or see a charge by then. Congrats on getting your card by the way!!

I actually mailed mine in and I sent it to the Canada address. The guy on the phone said if you mail it to the New York address it takes longer because they have to turn around and send it to Canada. I sent it on the 3rd of March and called on the 29th. So that took about....3 weeks, and thanks!!!

MissMac27

So I checked my bank account today and saw 35 dollars taken out of my account!! I'm so excited, if i wasn't at work i would be bouncing off the walls.
th_DANCE.gif

I know it has been asked before if you could go to a pro store without your card and have them look you up in the system to get your discount but what about if you call the pro number to order? I want my Art Supplies already.
smiles.gif

BeautyByLele

I just recently got approved for the MAC pro card. I am waiting to receive my card in the mail it has been approx 6 weeks since I started the process. Mailed my app to Canda office middle of Feb (12th), Saw the charge on my bank statement in March (10th) , recieved the email confirmation from MAC Pro (March 22nd) and now waitingggggggggg on my card !!!!!!!!!!!!

Once they send you a confirmation email you can SHOP !!! YES the confirmation email will have your MAC Pro Membership Number, and you can use it to order online or via telephone. Im NOT sure if you can use it in the store but I will post tomorrow with a follow up bcux Im going to head over to the MAC store.

CONGRATS to you guys for getting your MAC card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissMac27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyInDecay
I was wondering the same thing, how long does it take for your account to go active?

From what I understand, as soon as the money is taken from your bank account then your account with MAC Pro is considered active. I could be wrong but im pretty sure thats how they do it. Hope that helps.

MissMac27

So I just called MAC Pro and they said that you have to wait until you have your card before you can order or buy. Hmmm..... Wish there was a way around that.

MACKing13

Does anyone know WHY you can't get the Liberty of London products with your discount? Is it related to the packaging, profits going to a charity, or just because it's "limited edition"? Has this been the case for other LE products in the past? Will this change as the products become "less new"?
Thanks for any advice!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACKing13
Does anyone know WHY you can't get the Liberty of London products with your discount? Is it related to the packaging, profits going to a charity, or just because it's "limited edition"? Has this been the case for other LE products in the past? Will this change as the products become "less new"?
Thanks for any advice!

From what I read in the GMLOL collection thread MAC never gives a discount for copyrighted collections (ie collaborations). Any other MAC collection (even with special packaging) should be discountable.

BeautyByLele

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMac27
So I just called MAC Pro and they said that you have to wait until you have your card before you can order or buy. Hmmm..... Wish there was a way around that.

REALLY?!?!?!!? Cuz the email said I could start shopping right away via online , in store (w/ valid ID) or over the phone !!!!!!!!!!!!

MissMac27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyByLele
REALLY?!?!?!!? Cuz the email said I could start shopping right away via online , in store (w/ valid ID) or over the phone !!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't gotten my email yet, just the money taken out of my account. They said the email takes about 2 weeks and I should get it around the same time as when I get my card in the mail.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACKing13
Thanks for any advice!

I was under the impression that's it usually related to special packaging. The specially-packaged Holiday collections are not discounted either.

In the last couple of years. The only non-discounted collections that I recall seeing discounted later was Hello Kitty which was discounted a couple of months after release.

Other than that, the non-discounted items can sometimes be found later down the road at the CCOs (at 30% off the price.)

Latest posts