MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

kissy89

@Krissy88...I got approved!!!! They told me the same thing, they'll charge my acct today and send it out later this week!! OMG!!! I'm soooo excited!!!
Just an update: My account was charged early today, I went to the MAC store and they couldnt find me in the system, so she called and they told her that I was a pro member but I will probably be in the system. She was so nice and let me use my discount, and now $700 later I am home lol I went crazy in that store!!!! I bought a lot of stuff!! Hope this helps, you can start shopping in store!!!!

Elde

I'd call to see if you're set up in the system. Sometimes there is a small hold time to ensure the charge cleared and posted to their accounting system. I shopped the PRO store a week and a half before my card came :)

Yay! I was approved today and my card was charged this morning. I faxed my papers late last night so didn't take long at all! I was even prepared to get lectured for faxing it in instead of mailing but didn't lol. I sent in my application, state I.D., business card, and professional letter of reference my photographer did on her letterhead. I also called to see if I could use my card now but the nice lady told me I have to wait for an email in the next 5-7 days with my member I.D. Thank you to the lovely ladies who posted the info awhile back! Now I just have to be patient and wait for my card!

KelseeBrianaJai

Why did I get a lecture....*pouts* I called and the lady asked "Is there a reason that you sent yours in by fax" ... I'm all like :shock:

KelseeBrianaJai

I sent in a comp card, business card along with the app and a copy of my license by fax! Please wish me luck!! I really need this card to expand my kit!!

taylorxpaige

I have a question. I have a very close friend who is a hairstylist. If she filled out a Mac pro application, for me, and received the card is it possible for me to utilize the discount? I know the name is on the card, so I wouldn't be able to just use her card in the store but can I use it online? In other words, once she receives the card will I be able to change the billing address/shipping to mine, or not. Sorry for all the questions. I just spend an inordinate amount of money on Mac products, and while I am very interested in makeup am not a professional.

@KelseeBriannaJai LOL! Ya I must have caught the CS lady on a good day or something thank god haha. Good luck girl! You should have no problem getting it I would think!

TaiB

I have a question. I have a very close friend who is a hairstylist. If she filled out a Mac pro application, for me, and received the card is it possible for me to utilize the discount? I know the name is on the card, so I wouldn't be able to just use her card in the store but can I use it online? In other words, once she receives the card will I be able to change the billing address/shipping to mine, or not. Sorry for all the questions. I just spend an inordinate amount of money on Mac products, and while I am very interested in makeup am not a professional.
to change the address you have to sent a proof of address change, and the billing address is where it will always be shipped to, although you can get one without being a pro check youtube

danikafmakeup

Hi ladies! I've been stalking this thread for a long time and I was just recently hired at a salon/spa as their main makeup artist. I've been doing freelance for awhile (2+ years), and I am trying to fax in all of my documents (application, personal business card, comp card, business card of the salon I'll be working at, reference letter from the salon owner, copy of appointment book for the week that I am starting), but the fax is perpetually busy! Is there a specific time that I should try faxing it or just keep trying?

Edited: I called the number that someone posted here and she told me they don't accept faxes, but I've read through the thread and know that this isn't the case lol if anyone has nay input I'd really appreciate it!

danikafmakeup

I finally got through and was saw the charge on my credit card this past Monday!! YAY! How soon after did you guys receive your confirmation email? I just called the MAC Pro membership line and they said it'll take 2-3 weeks to receive my confirmation email, never mind my actual card. She gave me my number, but I am still unable to use it. I was really hoping I would be able to sometime this week because I have 2 weddings and a few grads that I need some product for in 2 weeks :(

miss0annette

I finally got through and was saw the charge on my credit card this past Monday!! YAY! How soon after did you guys receive your confirmation email? I just called the MAC Pro membership line and they said it'll take 2-3 weeks to receive my confirmation email, never mind my actual card. She gave me my number, but I am still unable to use it. I was really hoping I would be able to sometime this week because I have 2 weddings and a few grads that I need some product for in 2 weeks :(
Maybe try shooting them an email. I did that when I got charged on my card. They responded faster and sent me my number as well. I printed the email they sent, used that and my ID to purchase while I waited for the actual card.

23MARI

I work as an on-call beauty advisor at Macy's. I want to get a Pro Card I spend tons of money on MAC. I want to begin freelancing. What can I do to get my Pro card?

Giggleblush

I have a question! I'm a face painter and would love to transition into body painting. Would I be considered a makeup artist? That is also something I do on the side, but not officially. Would I be able to get a PRO discount? Thanks so much.

4ssandlin

Ok ive been reading alot of these posts in your guys opinion will i get approved if i send in this info: I dont have a license would be freelance make up artist only Driver license(im 17) Buisness card i got made from visitaprint Buisness ink pen(to show advertisement) And a letter of reference in handwriting nothing fancy? Or would i need official letterhead