MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

HijabiMUA

Ok ive been reading alot of these posts in your guys opinion will i get approved if i send in this info: I dont have a license would be freelance make up artist only Driver license(im 17) Buisness card i got made from visitaprint Buisness ink pen(to show advertisement) And a letter of reference in handwriting nothing fancy? Or would i need official letterhead
I've read like this entire post since yesterday and I'm faxing my info in today or tomorrow, (not sure if they're open on Sundays). Anywho for the letter of reference I'm pretty sure it has to be on company letterhead, it may even state that on macs website. I don't think it could hurt sending in the pen as long as you already have those two acceptable forms of proof. Are you faxing or mailing? I plan to fax in: my passport, business card(made by me), photoshoot call sheet on letterhead, and a professional letter of reference on letterhead. May even throw in a signed contract from a client just to be sure. GOOD LUCK to both of us! :)

HijabiMUA

Update: Basically i got told off about faxing my app n was told the manager said any apps faxed in are to be discarded however when i called back later i told the rep i was given the fax number by another rep(as opposed to coming across it online which is what i originally said :-/) n she proceeded to check if i was in the system and told me it takes 1-2 days to process and to check back today. Called early n was given they dont except faxes speech soo idk what to do next, id hate to mail it only to see my credit card charged from the fax. I just don't get it, they've been "not accepting" faxes for years based on this thread but most ppl have still been approved as recent as a month or two ago. Its not like by faxing it we are somehow avoiding the membership fee! By all means please charge my card. So frustrating.

jaeljasmine

I submitted my application via snail mail on 06/13/2013... I called today and they have no record of my application. I was going to fax but after reading HijabiMUA's post... I don't think I will. I wonder if I should email in a copy of it as a "just in case". I would hate to wait another 4-6 weeks...

HijabiMUA

I would try emailing the assistant manager about your situation. I believe her name is Lorraine Young-Lord, [email protected] or just [email protected]
I submitted my application via snail mail on 06/13/2013... I called today and they have no record of my application. I was going to fax but after reading HijabiMUA's post... I don't think I will. I wonder if I should email in a copy of it as a "just in case". I would hate to wait another 4-6 weeks...

jaeljasmine

So right after I wrote this, I got a letter saying they wanted an additional piece of ID...
So I called them this morning and asked if it would be faster if I could email/fax them the info and she (Sarah) said no. That I would have to resend in the mail. I guess I will be remailing - I wish I had known about the fax trick like 6 months ago. Sounds like they were still taking faxes then...

4ssandlin

OK I mailed my application in I out in in a priority mail flat rate envelope and it has tracking so I will know once it gets there I sent: Copy of my drivers license A comp card I made with photos and my name and number A business card A pen advertising my business A letter of reference typed and signed(not anything official letter head because it was just an individual) Hopefully it will be good enough

KaysWays

I sent mine in today via fax and almost immediately got a call saying it was to be mailed. I know so many people who have used this method but oh well. I already said I'm not spending no more money with MAC until I am accepted. I will be sending an email to complain and let them know exactly this. I need to reup on my holy grails (the prolongwear concealer & MSF dark) but in the meantime I bought the Fit me concealer everyone is raving about and am also gonna order the Kevyn Aucoin cin enhancer. I just don't know how long I can do without my HGs
crybaby.gif

There is nothing like an 'msf

MoForMakeUp

Hi KaysWays,

I honestly think it all depends on WHO receives the fax. I faxed mine in yesterday as well and my account was charged today. What's the worst that could happen if you fax again with hopes someone different will receive it? Lol

Snail Mail is the WORST.....just saying....

KaysWays

I
Hi KaysWays, I honestly think it all depends on WHO receives the fax.  I faxed mine in yesterday as well and my account was charged today.  What's the worst that could happen if you fax again with hopes someone different will receive it? Lol  Snail Mail is the WORST.....just saying....
I sure wish I would have seen this post right away. Strange thing is I emailed them today and basically got the same response. Now that I know this information I am calling them in the morning and giving them a piece of mind. I mean first the Rihanna situation now all this back and forth for what. In my email I explained to them I have a wedding to do at the end of the month and need to stock my kit. This makes me furious especially knowing it was the same day. Maybe it's better I didn't see this until now because that phone call would have been very unpleasant. I'm gonna aim straight for management. Hopefully this is straightened out. They are crazy smh

HijabiMUA

Wow that is so good to know. I have been debating what to do next because i really don't want to mail it in. Ill try faxing it again. I probably won't call this time. Question: did you call at all or just waited to see the charge? Also, what documents did you fax in?
Hi KaysWays, I honestly think it all depends on WHO receives the fax.  I faxed mine in yesterday as well and my account was charged today.  What's the worst that could happen if you fax again with hopes someone different will receive it? Lol  Snail Mail is the WORST.....just saying....

MoForMakeUp

My intention was to call if I hadn't seen a charge by Monday. Two to three business days seemed to be the trend based on this forum. Since the charge hit the very next day, calling was no longer necessary. I submitted: -Application -Driver's License -Business Card -MUA Certification No extras, kept it simple, pretty bare bones....haha

HijabiMUA

Thank you. I faxed it last week but still no charge. I called yesterday they said i wasn't in the system. Did you fax it to the attention of someone? Did you have a cover sheet at all? The fax number you used was 905 944 6400?
My intention was to call if I hadn't seen a charge by Monday. Two to three business days seemed to be the trend based on this forum. Since the charge hit the very next day, calling was no longer necessary. I submitted: -Application -Driver's License -Business Card -MUA Certification No extras, kept it simple, pretty bare bones....haha

MoForMakeUp

Thank you. I faxed it last week but still no charge. I called yesterday they said i wasn't in the system. Did you fax it to the attention of someone? Did you have a cover sheet at all? The fax number you used was 905 944 6400?
I didn't fax it to anyone's attention Just "MAC Pro Membership." I did use the fax coversheet I use for most other business transactions. Seems like everyone is still having issues with faxing. Maybe it was a fluke that mine was accepted... sorry :(

HijabiMUA

That's alright. Yeah i actually got a call from a lady named Mary today who basically said she has the app i faxed in but that i'll have to mail it in. Oh well.
I didn't fax it to anyone's attention Just "MAC Pro Membership." I did use the fax coversheet I use for most other business transactions. Seems like everyone is still having issues with faxing. Maybe it was a fluke that mine was accepted... sorry :(

4ssandlin

I got approved ! Just got the charge yesterday I mailed out July 25th and saw the charge! Didn't require anything special just business card, just a regular letter of reference from a client ( no raised letterhead) and comp card that's it

kitson101

Applying for a Mac Pro Card

Hello guys! This is my first time posting, I have a question about the Mac pro card. I had a student card while I was in school, but now that I am working at a spa as a make up artist/esthetician I am ready to apply for the full discount card. I was planning on submitting my state license and my boss (the spa director/purchaser) is going to write me a letter of reference. What does this letter of reference have to include? Does it just have to say that I currently work at the spa as make up artist and that's it? She is planning on with the spa letter head on the top and signing it, she just wants to know what this letter has to include. Any help/ advice would be great, thanks!

pleasantmacabre

I got approved ! Just got the charge yesterday I mailed out July 25th and saw the charge! Didn't require anything special just business card, just a regular letter of reference from a client ( no raised letterhead) and comp card that's it
That's awesome ! Maybe I should try :) can you tell me how you made your comp card ? How many images did you use and what program ? :)

pleasantmacabre

What did your reference say?

jaeljasmine

Got my approval this morning via email! Already registered and ready to buy some goodies. I had to re-mail July 21st, I believe. Sent: business card, comp card and ID. Comp card was from vista print.