MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

LizzyS

If I would've known I would have faxed mine! I mailed mine in on Oct 26 and have not received anything back yet at all! I called on nov 12 and they said nothing is in the system for me yet. Patiently waiting! I've got a huge gig coming and I seriously need to reup on my mac products! I mailed a comp card, business card and a contract. Anyone have any advice for me and how long does it usually take to hear anything from them after mailing!

jaeljasmine

[@]LizzyS[/@]That happened to me too when I mailed in the first time. It was because I was initially rejected... What did you mail in? If you're rejected, they return your items and tell you what you're missing. As far as I know there are only two people that process these apps. That's why it takes so long.

LizzyS

I sent my comp card and business card and my id! And also a blank contract for extras! That's what they require I don't see what I sent wrong!

jaeljasmine

I sent my comp card and business card and my id! And also a blank contract for extras! That's what they require I don't see what I sent wrong!
That sounds right...although they've been rejecting the contracts. Original comp card and bus card? Or copies?

hsx13

When I originally sent my contract (was a copy of an actual filled in one I just covered clients personal info) with a business and a comp card they sent it back and asked me for additional proof. I sent that in and two days (friday just gone) after I got a call and the lady I spoke to put my payment through straight away while I was on the phone, waiting for the card now! The whole process from original send in to being accepted took about 14 days - since they had to send it back to me and it took me another few days to sort out additional proof.

LizzyS

Ok! So u sent everything in like I did the first time but didn't get approved? Well when I called they said they didn't have anything in at all for me! So idk! I'll just wait! I really wanted to reup my mac prods for my upcoming gig but I don't think I'll have my card by then! I guess full price til then!

jaeljasmine

When I originally sent my contract (was a copy of an actual filled in one I just covered clients personal info) with a business and a comp card they sent it back and asked me for additional proof. I sent that in and two days (friday just gone) after I got a call and the lady I spoke to put my payment through straight away while I was on the phone, waiting for the card now! The whole process from original send in to being accepted took about 14 days - since they had to send it back to me and it took me another few days to sort out additional proof. 
That's exactly what I had happen to me. Exact same thing. How funny.

hsx13

Ok! So u sent everything in like I did the first time but didn't get approved? Well when I called they said they didn't have anything in at all for me! So idk! I'll just wait! I really wanted to reup my mac prods for my upcoming gig but I don't think I'll have my card by then! I guess full price til then!
You sent your application like a month ago, if they have nothing for you it may well have got lost in the post! Maybe try and fax another application through and see how that one goes? Hopefully it will get sorted for you in time for your gig!

jaeljasmine

[@]hsx13[/@] it came like maybe another couple weeks after? And oddly enough I got the card first and email after... Isn't that weird?

ddglitter06

So my sister sent in her application and credentials to mac pro (Canada address), the week of Thanksgiving with 2 day expedited shipping. This is the second time she mails everything in because the first time her application never made it to the New York address. She called today just to see if it was receieved (paranoid, since her CC info was lost last time), she has no charges and they basically told her even if they would have received it, they wouldn't start processing the application for another 2-3 weeks and asked her to call back in a month! When I sent mine in, it took a month and a half before I saw my card charged, and I overnighted my things. Why oh why does this process take sooooo long? I know why people get so impatient LOL

Hi new here! Just wanted to give a recent account on the MAC pro card for anyone who is interested in my experience. I mailed in my application (with business card & comp. card) on Friday 1/24/14. I saw that my bank account was charged on Thursday 2/6/14. Today is Saturday 2/15/14 and I still have yet to receive a welcome email or my card in the mail. I was however able to make a purchase in the pro store on Wednesday the 12th, by having them look up my number. awesomeeeee

lisaxxxx

I sent away for my Mac Pro card 10 days ago, today I received a letter with everything back, except they cut off my card details and kept them. There was nothing else in the letter, have I been rejected? Or what? If anyone knows please let me know. I can't see any reason to why I would be rejected as I am a qualified makeup artist :(

hsx13

I sent away for my Mac Pro card 10 days ago, today I received a letter with everything back, except they cut off my card details and kept them. There was nothing else in the letter, have I been rejected? Or what? If anyone knows please let me know. I can't see any reason to why I would be rejected as I am a qualified makeup artist
ssad.gif
When I applied they sent mine back and attached another form saying that I needed to send them some more evidence of profession, as business cards weren't being accepted, they had stapled this to everything else I sent in. Was there definitely nothing else attached that you may have missed? If not then I'd give them a call or text if they didn't include anything at all.

Also does anyone know what they do with the stuff we send into them, do they keep it on file or do they destroy it?

lisaxxxx

And when you got yours back, did they keep your card details? I found it strange that they'd keep that if I was rejected. Oh and Iv read in a few places that it's destroyed. Thanks for your help.

hsx13

And when you got yours back, did they keep your card details? I found it strange that they'd keep that if I was rejected. Oh and Iv read in a few places that it's destroyed. Thanks for your help.
Yeah they did, and then I was phoned and asked for them again as the lady said they were destroyed. I think they send them back without for security reasons/data protection, if they send you back your stuff with your card details on and somehow it gets stolen/lost in the post and the card frauded, they might be liable for that.

lisaxxxx

:( slowly realising that I must have been rejected. There must have been a mistake with them not attaching anything with the letter. I emailed them anyways to confirm, Thanks for your help :)

Latest posts