MAC Fashion Sets 2013 Collection (April 2013)

Debbs

I have two Heroine Lipglosses and I feel like I want more. Am I being ridiculous? It is perfect for everyday and glosses are all I wear so................trying to find rationale before it is too late.

Debbs

Great idea!!!! I haven't done so with all the excellent raves but will try and see it today. Mirrored Plum I think it is called

2browneyes

Great idea!!!! I haven't done so with all the excellent raves but will try and see it today. Mirrored Plum I think it is called
Yup, that's it Debbs. I have it and I swatched Heroine this morning....No major difference to me. So, paying like $8 for MP instead of another $15 for Heroine is GREAT! lol

DILLIGAF

Yup, that's it Debbs. I have it and I swatched Heroine this morning....No major difference to me. So, paying like $8 for MP instead of another $15 for Heroine is GREAT! lol
Is Mirrored Plum a fairly new color? I'm asking because I didn't see Mirrored Plum on the display at my local Target.

MacNcheese

Got my pencil. I didn't have any bright pink lip pencils and I really like this one. Glad I finally got it.
Oh I'm glad, because that gives me hope! My DH just said "Stop spazzing, you know the stuff always gets here."
girlhaha.gif

purplevines

Is Mirrored Plum a fairly new color? I'm asking because I didn't see Mirrored Plum on the display at my local Target.
It's been difficult for people to find. Apparently it's on new displays, not permanent ones? Some people have gone to 3 or 4 Drugstores before finding it...but when you do just get a couple!

MAChostage

@Dilli: yes, Mirrored Plum is on a special limited edition display, usually on an end cap or shelf somewhere. I went to about seven different CVS, Walgreens, and Walmarts before I finally found it in Kmart of all places. So glad I was able to pick it up and skip Heroine lipglass. I'm currently pairing my mirrored plum with NYX's liner in Prune and it's great! NOTE: I think there are only two of each limited edition color on the display.

emzy

Got the 2nd to last Heroine liner!
amuse.gif
got to the store 15 minutes after it opened...I ordered the other stuff online.

B7uemo0n

My local MAC said they would put items on hold for me. She also said I could only get one set and she would call Macy's to hold another set for me because it was one per customer. She said they only got 5 of each!

loulouhex

score!
flower.gif

nanaparty.gif

pompom.gif

Finally, my precious. I got Heroine l/s & l/g and Ablaze l/s & l/g. I passed on Heroine l/l so somebody at the Macy's counter is gonna be psyched that it's left. Big internet props to Macy's Regency Square in Richmond VA! They indeed do have a next day hold policy for new collections.

colormefab

Newbie Post: How do you find out if someone's replied to your post besides reading through the threads? There has to be a notification thing going on...right?
anyone.gif

Pinkdollface

Sorry....had no idea. But I did not create this acct to look for items. When I was googled the fashion sets, Specktra popped up, and I created an acct bc I thought it would be a great group to be apart of;) thanks for the info.
I'm glad that you like it here and maybe I'm late but welcome to the club!

RaymondKurzweil

Just got back from the counter and picked up Ablaze lipstick, Ablaze lipliner, Heroine lipstick, and Silly lipglass (a nice surprise); however, I blanked on picking up Heroine lipglass! D'oh! I could probably make due since I own the other two glosses it's being compared to most: RIS and AMPL. Still, it's hard to resist a purple, even if it's a lipgloss. I almost picked up Embrace Me lipstick but the MA mentioned it looked like a matte cross between Girl About Town and CYY, so I figured I could just matte those down together and reduce my lipstick collection. Not to toot my own horn, though, but I have to say it looks amazing on NC40s.
whistle.gif
'

Didn't bother trying on Silly lipstick because I figured it'd look bad by the quick hand swatch but now I wonder if it could be the perfect Barbie pink I've been looking for... any other WOC loving it? I'm starting to sift through the thread to see if I trek over to the mall with my tail between my legs over not picking it up the first time. I'm wearing Silly l/g over Ablaze l/s now and it's gooorgeous. Will swatch a bit later.

Also, has no one bought the eyeshadows? I can't even find reviews! Alaze eyeshadow was pretty but seemed kind of powdery. Embrace Me e/s looked exactly like Passionate on my skin.
hmm.gif

DILLIGAF

@Dilli: yes, Mirrored Plum is on a special limited edition display, usually on an end cap or shelf somewhere. I went to about seven different CVS, Walgreens, and Walmarts before I finally found it in Kmart of all places. So glad I was able to pick it up and skip Heroine lipglass. I'm currently pairing my mirrored plum with NYX's liner in Prune and it's great! NOTE: I think there are only two of each limited edition color on the display.
Thanks ladies
Looks like I'm about to go on a mission. I actually bought Heroine l/g but don't want to pay again for a backup, providing I can find one that is.