MAC Fashion Sets 2013 Collection (April 2013)

MacNcheese

MacNcheese, I had my husband run over to the post office to check to see if my package was there before I got on the phone to MAC. He just called and said according to the pickup slip in my box, the package arrived there on the first of April. The number on the slip is a different number than the shipping confirmation number MAC gave to me. Have you checked on your package yet?
Thanks for updating me! I'm so glad that you got your stuff! I've been checking every day, but it usually takes about 7-9 days for me to get packages from the states. I think I will give them a call tomorrow afternoon though to see if they messed up my tracking numbers. Was your order correct and complete?

allthingsglam

people was on it this morning! Nordies sold out of heroine n silly in 20 mins, belk i saw the last girl get heroine lipstick at ab 1030. i was thankfully able to B2M for some extra lipsticks :)
Wow that's fast I try not to go to the counter for le items because I know the employee buy first and everything sells out so fast

MAC Newbee

Hi ladies, I got to the MAC counter at 10:05 AM and the MUA said I was the first one there to look at the collection, sounds good right but I was so wrong. They had one heroine liner left and no heroine lipsticks and the gloss was selling out as I was standing there. The MUA said people started calling putting things on hold 9:45 AM

miss0annette

I called my mac this morning and told me they weren't putting stuff on hold because it was so exclusive. They said first come first served so here I am waiting for them to open. There's about 6 girls here.

Copperhead

Thanks for updating me! I'm so glad that you got your stuff! I've been checking every day, but it usually takes about 7-9 days for me to get packages from the states. I think I will give them a call tomorrow afternoon though to see if they messed up my tracking numbers. Was your order correct and complete?
He hasn't brought it to me yet so I haven't had a chance to check it. I only ordered the Embrace Me pencil. I had been wanting it for a while so figured this was my chance. I already have Heroine l/s and wasn't sure about anything else.

purplevines

Not sure, something about the dye irritates some people.

It probably not crazy common but for sure more common than allergic reactions to like...brown shadow.

magali

I called The local mac store I go to to get heroine lipstick on hold and she told me they never received their shipment, that it got lost

bluelitzer

I called The local mac store I go to to get heroine lipstick on hold and she told me they never received their shipment, that it got lost
If you can't beat the crazy mob of eye-rolling, rude bitches lined up at the in-store launch, do the next best thing: Hijack the entire shipment at the freeway!

....I perfer losing sleep to stalk the website though.

deanfour

My local MAC store said something was wrong with their shipment also. They only received 3 Heroine l/s this morning. There was a line outside of the store before they opened with 10+ in line.

magali

If you can't beat the crazy mob of eye-rolling, rude bitches lined up at the in-store launch, do the next best thing: Hijack the entire shipment at the freeway! ....I perfer losing sleep to stalk the website though.
. Not a bad idea lol

littlelamb

I went to the store this morning and there were about 5 other people there shopping and usually it's just me! I went straight to the counter and bought Heroine l/s and l/l. So excited to try them out when I'm off of work.

I swatched Embrace Me but since I have CYY, QS, and Pink Pigeon I skipped it. Plus I only ever wear Quick Sizzle if I want hot pink lips anyway.

purplevines

How can MAC send so little? They know that this will sell so quickly, I don't get the logic? Don't they want money? MAKE ENOUGH AND SEND ENOUGH.

That1980sGirl

Okay I'm upset, I went to my local store as soon as they opened and the sales associate tells me heroine lip liner and lipstick are sold out. I had to buy over the phone at nordstom. But basically the employees at the willowbend MAC bought out the heroine line even before the store opened. Is that allowed? is MAC okay with this? who do I report them to?

miss0annette

I'm bacccck!

Here is a pic of my little haul. I wasn't able to get the Heroine l/l because apparently they didn't get it.

I also did some eyeshadow swatches. Embrace me and Heroine were lovely. Heroine is definitely on the blue side! Silly and Ablaze seemed really chalky to me.
werd.gif

gildedangel

I agree, but they love saying that collections sell out quickly because it builds more hype for the brand. Then when they repromote it there is a lot of hype because it sold out and a lot of people weren't able to get it the last time it was released. It's a strange marketing strategy, but it seems to be the one they are sticking to for now.

They sent my counter about 6 of each product and that was it. I called the counter (ended up ordering it online because I have an inconsistent counter) to check and just about everything is sold out already. They opened about an hour and a half ago.
How can MAC send so little? They know that this will sell so quickly, I don't get the logic? Don't they want money? MAKE ENOUGH AND SEND ENOUGH.

erine1881

I wonder if it's related to the high allergy count for purple eyeshadow?  
Nope.
I've never heard of this before, do you know what causes it?
Its the red dye. Usually red dye #5.
Shipment isn't based on popularity or hype of a product. Its based on the locations sell thru of other LE collections. You don't sell thru a lot of stuff, you don't get a lot of new LE product in shipment. My sister B2Md for me for heroine and ablaze shadows this morning!

Copperhead

Okay I'm upset, I went to my local store as soon as they opened and the sales associate tells me heroine lip liner and lipstick are sold out. I had to buy over the phone at nordstom. But basically the employees at the willowbend MAC bought out the heroine line even before the store opened. Is that allowed? is MAC okay with this? who do I report them to?
thmbdn.gif
That's just ridiculous. I'd be too outdone if I were in line waiting for a store to open only to find out it's gone before I even step foot inside.

MAC is just so. damn. popular!