MAC Fashion Sets 2013 Collection (April 2013)

shontay07108

I got to mac this morning 15 minutes after it opened. I got held up by traffic. Heroine was long gone. The associate said a couple of people were waiting before the store opened and bought multiples of the shadow, lipstick and liner. It was also gone at Bloomingdales and Nordstroms. I got to swatch it at Nordstroms and I am relieved to say I wouldn't have gotten it anyway. Not my thing, but I see the appeal. I was looking at one customer at that counter sideways because I asked the associate if they still had Heroine since it was on display. She said no and the girl laughed. I wanted to know what was so damn funny. She had a mac bag so she probably bought 4 of them. Whatever. I backed up ablaze lipstick and gloss. Wasn't gonna backup the gloss but it works so well with the lipstick that I felt I had to. I also got silly liner. It's a really unique shade of pink that I don't own in a liner. So, I'm done.

MACina

Me neither....maybe they sell them on ebay as "only swatched" then
th_dunno.gif

Lol I put Heroine on, an hour later I'm back at the mall getting a backup for myself and a friend!

Wow I'd never thought of people stealing testers, but I guess it makes sense that it happens...Terrible waste of LE products when they have to replace the testers though!

Tanjola

My black Friday shopping experience paid off today. My Macy's only had 2 heroine and ablaze liners because the employees bought them all. I got to the store at 9:45am and there was 1 day standing out front and everyone else was in their cars. I politely got out the car stood at the door with the other lady( learned that during the Marilyn launch). Within a minute there was 20 women standing behind me. At 9:58 I called inside and asked them to hold me a heroine and ablaze lipliner. I was first through the door at 10:00am my stuff was on hold and I had him pull a couple other items for me plus the other ladies stuff that was standing at the door before me. The other women were rolling their eyes at me!!! I checked out and got the hell out of Macy's before they jumped me in the parking lot!!!!!
nanaparty.gif

Audrey C

Sorry that these swatches are a little powdery; I applied them heavily over UDPP so the differences would be more apparent.

Taken indoors in natural light - from top to bottom:

Samoa Silk
Free to Be
Ablaze
Mythology
Chessa
Magnetic Attraction

HTH.

luvlydee

I backed up ablaze lipstick and gloss. Wasn't gonna backup the gloss but it works so well with the lipstick that I felt I had to. I also got silly liner. It's a really unique shade of pink that I don't own in a liner. So, I'm done.
Ew i woulda straight up asked her whats so damn funny.
But thats good u were at least able to test out the lipstick and decided it wasnt for you :)
I have silly liner also and im still playing around with it. Not sure what to do. I paired it with honeylove and viva glam II lipstick to see if i could make those nudes wearable and i kinda liked it. This is my first pink liner lol

deanfour

Got to my local MAC store at 9:55 this morning. There were 7 people in front of me. When they finally let the gate up, they told us that something was wrong with their shipment and they only got 3 Heroine l/s.
huh2.gif

Well, I decided to call the Mac counter at Dillards in the mall and they told me they had 14 Herione l/s. I had them hold the lipstick and the liner and I got everything I wanted!!!

th_partytime.gif

Also, FYI Ablaze l/s looks JUST LIKE Party Parrot on me so I passed. Silly l/s is on the way. My complexion is NC45/MUFE 173

I hope everyone gets what they want!

VampyCouture

I backed up ablaze lipstick and gloss. Wasn't gonna backup the gloss but it works so well with the lipstick that I felt I had to. I also got silly liner. It's a really unique shade of pink that I don't own in a liner. So, I'm done.
That's ridiculous. I'm glad it wasn't to your liking anyways. Thank you for your glorious reviews of Ablaze though! I swore no backups, but Ablaze is just that amazing that I did b/u the gloss. I still need to go to the store and b/u the lipstick. Happy you were able to get your stuff.

My final haul:
1 Ablaze l/l
2 Ablaze l/g
2 Ablaze l/s (one pending)
1 Heroine l/s

I feel good with this haul since I skipped everything else in April.

Debbs

My haul this morning at Nordies:
Heroine Lipgloss x 2
Heroine Lipliner
Embrace Me Lipgloss
I played with the shadows (they are pretty but not must-haves for me) and Silly and Ablaze Lipglosses however passed on those
Ablaze gloss grew on me while driving back I had to call Nordies and added it to my ED items
I had B2Mac some items and got Humid eyeshadow which surprisingly looked great with Ablaze lipgloss
The associates at the Mac store counter and Nordstrom advised that most items were almost gone and predict by day's end they will
be sold out

Copperhead

Mine always comes USPS because I'm at a military base overseas. I just can't remember if my past orders showed updates on the tracking site or not.

Packages from other companies have done the same thing on occasion where the status didn't update and I got the package. I think it just depends on how bad USPS is sucking at the moment, LOL. If I don't get it by Thursday I'll give them a call.

ETA: My orders say "shipped" and they all have usps tracking info.
MacNcheese, I had my husband run over to the post office to check to see if my package was there before I got on the phone to MAC. He just called and said according to the pickup slip in my box, the package arrived there on the first of April. The number on the slip is a different number than the shipping confirmation number MAC gave to me. Have you checked on your package yet?

colormefab

Went to the MAC counter for round 3. I was surprised that Heroine wasnt sold out yet but the associate said it was dangerously low in stock. I ended up picking up Silly lipglass and Embrace Me liner. Im not a huge fan of lipglasses but I figured I could get a lot of looks with that pink because of the different liners I own. I was so tempted to back up Ablaze but I call myself demonstrating some self control in preparation for the VIB sale. Happy Shopping everyone. Spring is going to be very colorful for alot of us thanks to the Fashion Sets.

allthingsglam

My black Friday shopping experience paid off today. My Macy's only had 2 heroine and ablaze liners because the employees bought them all. I got to the store at 9:45am and there was 1 day standing out front and everyone else was in their cars. I politely got out the car stood at the door with the other lady( learned that during the Marilyn launch). Within a minute there was 20 women standing behind me. At 9:58 I called inside and asked them to hold me a heroine and ablaze lipliner. I was first through the door at 10:00am my stuff was on hold and I had him pull a couple other items for me plus the other ladies stuff that was standing at the door before me. The other women were rolling their eyes at me!!! I checked out and got the hell out of Macy's before they jumped me in the parking lot!!!!! :nanas:
Lol

KMQE716

people was on it this morning! Nordies sold out of heroine n silly in 20 mins, belk i saw the last girl get heroine lipstick at ab 1030.

i was thankfully able to B2M for some extra lipsticks :)