MAC Fashion Sets 2013 Collection (April 2013)

ForeverJenn

Geez it seems like the MAC stores and counters were busy today! I was supposed to go and get the heroine liner but lazy as I am, I missed my alarm. Well not really, I snoozed away and didn't feel like getting up lol I'm still hoping for a restock on MAC , if not Nordies back order will have to do! & the shipment quantities MAC sent to its locations make no sense!
wacko.gif

erine1881

Okay I'm upset, I went to my local store as soon as they opened and the sales associate tells me heroine lip liner and lipstick are sold out. I had to buy over the phone at nordstom. But basically the employees at the willowbend MAC bought out the heroine line even before the store opened. Is that allowed? is MAC okay with this? who do I report them to?
Theyre allowed to, unfortunately.
04e8f56d_image.jpeg
Silly lipstick with liner underneath (Pink neuvou and chatterbox on the sides for comparison) and ablaze with lady danger underneath. I was waiting before the store opened to grab more BUs. Running on 3 hrs of sleep!

Mac4Megan

Just got back from hauling and swatching. Ended up with all the liners and ablaze, embrace me, and silly lipstick (which i B2M for all three :) ) Silly is not what i expected, its SOO neon on me, i have pale neutral/cool skin so i thought i couldn't go wrong with silly, it brought out my under eye circles... Could just be that they are really bad right now, gonna keep playing with it Embrace me is also very bright but suits my skin a bit better, i was gonna skip this but decided just to go for it since i had enough empties to B2M for it ABLAZE, i was gonna skip you the whole time, up until like 4 days ago, and who knew you would be the one i love most! Amazing colour for summer, i never though i could pull this off, but i do! I was never interested in the NP and the glosses are nice but i never wear them My counter didn't have the shadows yet, which is fine. I probably would have bought one or two if they were there, but I'm not gonna go back looking for them and i don't want to put in an order online, so $$ saved there. I need to keep playing with the pink lippies and hopefully i can find a way to make silly work. I am on a pink lipplie ban from here on out unless raspberry swirl is a wearable everyday pink....then thats it for pinks till i use some up

lyseD

Miss0annette

Can you tell me how you like the mascara. I am a contact lens wearer and ANY fleck of mascara causes my eyes to pour.
crybaby.gif

Thanks for your help.

I'm bacccck!

Here is a pic of my little haul. I wasn't able to get the Heroine l/l because apparently they didn't get it.

I also did some eyeshadow swatches. Embrace me and Heroine were lovely. Heroine is definitely on the blue side! Silly and Ablaze seemed really chalky to me.
werd.gif

2browneyes

So, I'm happy to say that I was able to get all founr lipsticks like I wanted to. But I was charged for an extra Ablaze...it was madness at that counter this morning so I can't really blame the MUA for the error. But if anyone is interested in purchasing Ablaze, I have one BNIB. Don't wanna return it so it gets thrown in a B2M pile to be destroyed when nothing's wrong with it. PM me :)

miss0annette

Miss0annette Can you tell me how you like the mascara. I am a contact lens wearer and ANY fleck of mascara causes my eyes to pour. :crybaby: Thanks for your help.
Will do! I'll be wearing it later today so I will let you know how it goes :)

MissBeautyBunni

So happy to hear all the tales of collection grabbing today!! I am considering getting a BU of Heroine since it's in my uncle's garage in FL and I wont see my makeup collection until August!! I do hope it works out for everyone
cheerleader.gif

MacAddictNurse

So I've been lurking around from time to time and after looking at all the swatches and how great Ablaze looks I decided to get it. I went to the store this morning 2 people walked up when I did and that was it. So I ended up with all the lipliners the lipsticks (BU Heroine) and most of the glosses, I'm kind of regretting not getting embrace me gloss might go back to the store later I don't know so thank you ladies for the awesome swatches!

Kaidan

I went to the store today and although there weren't lines, crowds, or anything, heroine eyeshadow was already sold out. :( I got all of the lipsticks and they're great. :D Heroine didn't pull completly purple on me. It looked like a darker Seductive Intent on me but that's because my lips are really pink. My best friend wouldn't stop joking about Heroine, and now we have some sort of inside joke with it. Out of the four, I really liked Ablaze and Embrace Me. The lipglasses were really good (especially Ablaze, Heroine, and Embrace Me), but I might end up skipping them. Out of the eyeshadows, Heroine and EMbrace Me looked great; not chalky, smooth, and pigmented.

Copperhead

Thanks for updating me! I'm so glad that you got your stuff! I've been checking every day, but it usually takes about 7-9 days for me to get packages from the states. I think I will give them a call tomorrow afternoon though to see if they messed up my tracking numbers. Was your order correct and complete?
Got my pencil. I didn't have any bright pink lip pencils and I really like this one. Glad I finally got it.

Baby1black

NEVER AGAIN MAC BAYFAIR MALL
just returned with nothing except a BU of herione lipstick. I only wanted 2 herione lip liners but SA told me they were sold out and only got 3. Can't believe it the SAs probably got them cause they were only 4 people in front of me and only 2 got the lip liner. I was so pissed off and just wanted to be charged for me herione and leave and asked the SA to charge me but had to wait for the person I front of me who was playing around with candy yum yum and the SA told me she was helping her. I think the SA got pissed of too when I did ask her cause she did not even give me a bag while she gave the other Person in front of me. I do not understand shouldn't they multi task instead of keeping all the customers waiting. I saw all the extra dimension stuff but not the 2 edsfs. So anyone in the Bay Area have any luck with the herione liner.

Void

My package came in today
cheerleader.gif

Ablaze l/s
Ablaze l/g
Embrace Me l/s
Heroine l/s doesn't ship until 4/20 :(

I was scared that Embrace Me wouldn't look good on me but it does! I fully tried on Embrace Me and Ablaze l/s and they're so vibrant. I'm happy with what I ordered but I want Silly l/s now along with some l/l
cutey.gif

DILLIGAF

I surprised myself this morning at the Pro Store. I grabbed Embrace Me l/s and e/s, Heroine l/s and Ablaze e/s. I loved the peachy goodness of the Ablaze e/s. I'm convinced I have an INGLOT dupe somewhere in my stash but I've not found it yet. I already had Embrace Me l/s and I'm one of those people that found Heroine l/l and Magenta l/l too close to warrant having them both.

shontay07108

Still upset that heroine shadow is blue and not purple. Smh good job mac
I still don't understand that. It's a nice blue and all, but it just doesn't make sense. It reminded me of Atlantic Blue (I didn't swatch them side by side, though). I was considering Embrace Me shadow, but I have one of those pinky shadows from The Spring Color Forecast, so I passed.

DILLIGAF

I still don't understand that. It's a nice blue and all, but it just doesn't make sense. It reminded me of Atlantic Blue (I didn't swatch them side by side, though). I was considering Embrace Me shadow, but I have one of those pinky shadows from The Spring Color Forecast, so I passed.
They could have went purple. They should have gone purple. You are right it looks exactly like Atlantic Blue. So disappointed that this color came out the way that it did.

Naughtyp

got all my goodies this morning! but like I thought they only allowed 1 of each item. luckily I know GlamQueen has got a liner plus. back up. so all in all I'm glad we got what we wanted! I'm wearin the lipliner n gloss rigt now got. few compliments already ;)

That1980sGirl

That's annoying but I got everything I wanted so I guess its whatever. But I just had the argument that silly looked like pink neuovu but this girl kept saying it looked like nicki 1
icon_eek.gif
I'm like on what planet?
I was waiting before the store opened to grab more BUs. Running on 3 hrs of sleep!

That1980sGirl

They could have went purple. They should have gone purple. You are right it looks exactly like Atlantic Blue. So disappointed that this color came out the way that it did.
apart from silly none of the eye shadows really tied in with the lipsticks IMO

DILLIGAF

apart from silly none of the eye shadows really tied in with the lipsticks IMO
Its funny that you mention that. I think I liked Ablaze e/s because it looked nothing like the lipstick or liner. However I found that Embrace Me e/s tied in the best with the other products in its line.