MAC for Chen Man Collection Discussion

Mac-Guy

Picked up my lone FOL lipstick today - its very pretty on, but I only did a very light application of it.

I swatched the Sheen Supreme glosses & the colors were really pretty & the texture quite nice. I loved Imperial Red which is beautiful! - a rosey pinky raspberry slight fuchsia red but they were sold out
icon_eek.gif
So I got on my phone & ordered it online at MAC. That was the first time I have ordered anything from my phone & it was so easy & awesome
girlhaha.gif

Did you like the formula?

elegant-one

Did you like the formula?

Well I didn't try it on my lips in the store, but on my hand they felt very very silky smooth & were opaque. I am not a big fan of the 'clicky pens' but the colors & texture made up for it I guess. I may get a few more.

NessaMBaby

It really is a gorgeous combo! try it out. I am wearing it today and  LOVE :-D

I think temptalia posted that they will rotate them out every 6 months but who knows w/ MAC

did you do a basic eye look? I always wondered what would be the best combos with like certain products like if you wear bright pink lips or pink eyes instead should you'de go with a pink blush or will like a peachy one look better? I always go for neutral blushes and more pinks when I wear a smokey eye and nude lip.I need to experiment more with blushes . I've got quite a few from Illamasqua and Nars that I have yet to play with,been a lil busy with my young 1 and very little time to be ready. It sucks because shes allergic to everything scented and when I wear make-up I have to try my best not to get any on her or she will break out,poor baby girl. I hope it gets better as she gets older. :/

LeeleeBell

did you do a basic eye look? I always wondered what would be the best combos with like certain products like if you wear bright pink lips or pink eyes instead should you'de go with a pink blush or will like a peachy one look better? I always go for neutral blushes and more pinks when I wear a smokey eye and nude lip.I need to experiment more with blushes . I've got quite a few from Illamasqua and Nars that I have yet to play with,been a lil busy with my young 1 and very little time to be ready. It sucks because shes allergic to everything scented and when I wear make-up I have to try my best not to get any on her or she will break out,poor baby girl. I hope it gets better as she gets older. :/

Awww poor sweetie :(

I did a basic eye look with matte cream colored eyeshadow on the lid, and navy on the outer v/smudged into crease. Also used a navy liner on the top lash line.

kiss

I love Budding Love which is the only thing I got. It actually reminds me of Playtime on my lips more than anything else but it's more pink and lighter. I love the creamy lustre texture. I saw Play it Proper at a CCO few months ago and wouldn't be surprised if I saw it again.

martiangurll

Picked up my lone FOL lipstick today - its very pretty on, but I only did a very light application of it.

I swatched the Sheen Supreme glosses & the colors were really pretty & the texture quite nice. I loved Imperial Red which is beautiful! - a rosey pinky raspberry slight fuchsia red but they were sold out
icon_eek.gif
So I got on my phone & ordered it online at MAC. That was the first time I have ordered anything from my phone & it was so easy & awesome
girlhaha.gif

Sounds like an Elegant color! How did it compare to Red Dwarf???

elegant-one

Sounds like an Elegant color! How did it compare to Red Dwarf???
Not even close. RD is more of a muted burgundy in comparison. Imperial Red isn't really even red. It has some red base to it, but its not red. Its a brighter but deeper pink raspberry fuchsia color - pretty much like the color it shows on the Mac site.

lyseD

Wore Budding Love the other day. I was half way out the door and my 18 year old daughter said, "nice lipstick." Must look good because she usually doesn't make too much eye contact.

NessaMBaby

Awww poor sweetie :(

I did a basic eye look with matte cream colored eyeshadow on the lid, and navy on the outer v/smudged into crease. Also used a navy liner on the top lash line. 
that sounds like a pretty combo. Im thinking the color added quad from S3C3 now and do a look with that and budding love. I love how blue & teals look with a pink lip. :eyelove:

Fabulash

How close is WMS to FOL? My cousin just bought me FOL and BL and WMS is launching here in a week. Should I buy WMS?

liba

I got a manicure with Breezy Blue today. It's the most gorgeous blue-purple polish color - deep enough to be sophisticated, not teenybopper, with a rich combination of purple and blue that shifts with the light. You could use this color all year round because of the depth to the color...it'll be just as good in the summer and the fall.

I've been searching for a color just like this for years - I usually don't back up nail polish, but I may have to with this one because it'd be really hard to improve upon it.
cheerleader.gif

duckrodeo

I traveled to my CCO today which was mostly a bust :( they did have the dazzlespheres from the holiday collection, but I passed since I'm not really a fan of dazzleglasses.
I got Clarity MES which the biggest beautiful amount of gold on it, as well as Tweet Me metal eyeshadow. Other than that there wasn't much to write about (literally, lol)

Since I didn't get the "fix" I desired, I stopped at the MAC counter since I hadn't seen Chenman in person. The Nordstrom counter I went to still had plenty of Force of Love and Budding Love l/s, which shocked the heck out of me! Since I already ordered mine online, I didn't need to purchase them.

I swatched Superweet MES which has been in the back of my mind for a while and I fell in Loooove with it! The MUA picked me out a super pretty marbled one that's almost TOO pretty to use, but I will anyway :) when I swatched the tester, the pink side is this gorgeous gold pink color that is unlike anything I own.

I also picked up Florida cremeblend since I had buyer's remorse and Insanely It Sheen Supreme. I was most surprised that the Chenman items were still hanging on at the counter as well they had plenty of Naughty Saute and all the cremeblend blushes!

Medgal07

I too adore makeup and MAC is my poison of choice. I love talking about it, reading about it, buying it and above all using it. I love this blog, especially the tips and encouragement from everyone. It's pretty awesome. Thanks to all of you!