MAC for Chen Man Collection Discussion

aradhana

They are listed as NOT eye safe, however I have worn them on my eyes for the past two days with no problems. I would say to just use caution.

thanks! -- do you use them with a special base?
i might try to get a sample and see how my eyes fare...i love how the reflects glitters look, but besides using them on eyes i don't think i have much use for them. are they subtle enough to blend into a lipgloss or something?

SweetSarah

I like mixing some into my hair product for a little shimmer. On my eyes, I just pat them on over whatever eyeshadow I'm wearing. For example, today I wore Tarte Amazonian Clay cream shadow in Slate and I patted the reflects blue over it. Stunning. It clings to my powder shadows really well, but I may get a bit of fallout with the glitter over powder shadows if I haven't used a good primer underneath.

Miss Dynamite

thanks! -- do you use them with a special base?
i might try to get a sample and see how my eyes fare...i love how the reflects glitters look, but besides using them on eyes i don't think i have much use for them. are they subtle enough to blend into a lipgloss or something?

Most of my Lipglasses that I had gotten bored with are now packed full of Reflects Glitters so they do work well for that. I'm way too scared to put them near my eyes, anytime I wear anything at all that has glitter in it (like my beloved Pearlglides) the glitter ends up in my eyes and it hurts pretty bad.

LMD84

does anyone know if the reflects glitters are eye safe?
technically they are not eye safe however if you pat them on using a gel mixing medium to get them to stick you will be fine. also avoid using them on the lower lash line area or near the tear duct just for safety.

i ordered the gloss from this collection - force of love :) it looked pretty and seems like it is pigmented enough to wear alone which is what i like from a gloss :)

elegant-one

FoL l/s is now listed as "coming soon." There is hope for a restock.
Yes, but there will only be 3 of them
girlhaha.gif

I'm off to buy the last one at my Macys
greengrin.gif

LeeleeBell

I LOVE FOL l/s combined with a little VG Nicki Minaj and FOL l/g over top...AND the perfect blush to wear with it is:
Illamasqua Unrequited. SO lovely in combo!

martiangurll

Budding Love is pretty, looks purplish in the tube but when you put it next to Lavender Whip it's definitely not. On my lips it's straight up baby pink. Not sure if you can tell the difference on my hand though.

Left-BL Right-LW
thanks for these swatches--it confirms my skip as it appears to be similar to Fashion Mews and Bloomin Lovely so I don't think I need it unless the finish is gorgeous or something

NessaMBaby

I LOVE FOL l/s combined with a little VG Nicki Minaj and FOL l/g over top...AND the perfect blush to wear with it is:
Illamasqua Unrequited. SO lovely in combo!
that sounds gorgeous,I will have to try out sometime ,I have all those products and just picked up a force of love lippy yesterday(my Mac was already sold out,but went to a Macy's and luckily had 2 left. I think there was more people behind me who wanted em too,so I just got 1 ,I already have Wms so I didn't mind. I also swatched all the mes eyeshadows and I'm in love with the pinky one,although I do have pink split I'm thinking as this for a back up. I was tempted to get the smutty green mes ,but they were so busy and didn't even have time for them to talk much,so I just got that,will be back for the smutty green 1. Does anyone know how long those will be perm for,I think I heard 6 months,not sure?

LeeleeBell

that sounds gorgeous,I will have to try out sometime ,I have all those products and just picked up a force of love lippy yesterday(my Mac was already sold out,but went to a Macy's and luckily had 2 left. I think there was more people behind me who wanted em too,so I just got 1 ,I already have Wms so I didn't mind.
I also swatched all the mes eyeshadows and I'm in love with the pinky one,although I do have pink split I'm thinking as this for a back up. I was tempted to get the smutty green mes ,but they were so busy and didn't even have time for them to talk much,so I just got that,will be back for the smutty green 1. Does anyone know how long those will be perm for,I think I heard 6 months,not sure?
It really is a gorgeous combo! try it out. I am wearing it today and LOVE :-D

I think temptalia posted that they will rotate them out every 6 months but who knows w/ MAC

VampOwl

I just got Budding Love l/s and it has just enough of a purple tinge to make me like it. I usually don't like blue-based barbie pinks on me, so BL is a good substitution!

I swatched the MES and the golden pink side of Supersweet is absolutely incredible. I don't even care that it's other side is easily dupeable... I will definitely be picking it up very soon, along with Play It Proper beauty powder!

Babylard

Force of Love wears so much lighter for me than party parrot. The difference was worth having both. :3 I [have] really pigmented lips, so lipsticks always turn out darker. I really love the bright shades that MAC is throwing out lately. I am so excited for Reel Sexy!

Some pics on my blog: http://artificially-pretty.blogspot.com/2012/03/mini-mac-haul-swatches.html

I'm not sure if I'm using the lip base properly and I lost where it was being mentioned. Any tips? It seems to make mattes look more like amplifieds

baghdad81

FYI some stores in Toronto still have FOL in stock. I was supposed to get down to eaton centre today to pick up the one I reserved last night, but the subway wasn't going downtown and so I popped up to the Bay at Bloor/Yonge and I grabbed one! They had a couple more left. If anybody needs a CP for these I can try!

peachsuns

Force of Love wears so much lighter for me than party parrot. The difference was worth having both. :3 I [have] really pigmented lips, so lipsticks always turn out darker. I really love the bright shades that MAC is throwing out lately. I am so excited for Reel Sexy!

Some pics on my blog: http://artificially-pretty.blogspot.com/2012/03/mini-mac-haul-swatches.html

I'm not sure if I'm using the lip base properly and I lost where it was being mentioned. Any tips? It seems to make mattes look more like amplifieds
iagree.gif
Same here! Lipsticks always turn out darker on my lips. Bright shades are my favorite.
Thanks for the swatch! Force of Love looks beautiful on you!

pocketmouse

My store actually had plenty of the lipsticks in stock when I went in Thursday, I was really surprised as the Iris Aphel and Shop lipsticks were sold out within like the first half an hour of the collections launching.

I ended up passing on FOL though, it was a bit too neon and pink for me, and looked really unflattering (I have and love WMS, but I think the orange tint really helps) I ended up with just Budding Love l/s which is really cute and just slightly lavender tinged, and although it isn't the true lavender that I was hoping for it's still super cute and wearable and I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.

OctoberViolet

Trust me Medgal07, we understand.
th_kiss.gif
I keep saying we need a MAC-a-holics anonymous so we can be helped. I don't think there's a cure though. We here at Specktra are just makeup lovers. MAC seems to be our choice of addictions, but for myself, it's not just MAC. I just love to buy makeup. When I see a pretty lipstick I just can't help myself. Something new & unique...gotta have it. Enjoy your haul. Everything sounds amazing & beautiful.
heart.gif

I have no self control whatsoever. Just purchased l/s & l/g in FOL & BL, PIP Beauty Powder & Pinkly Fresh nail lacquer.
Why stop there when I can add insult to budget injury so, I got the Marcel Wanders 2, #187 brush, Annelie l/s and Jana l/g.
i couldn't offend the Sheen collection so I got Zen Rose l/s and Imperial Red l/g. I'm so loving pink these days so I also picked up the
Strawberry Patch crushed metal pigment set. I shall now seek a twelve-step program for the makeup addicted. I can' help myself!

elegant-one

Picked up my lone FOL lipstick today - its very pretty on, but I only did a very light application of it.

I swatched the Sheen Supreme glosses & the colors were really pretty & the texture quite nice. I loved Imperial Red which is beautiful! - a rosey pinky raspberry slight fuchsia red but they were sold out
icon_eek.gif
So I got on my phone & ordered it online at MAC. That was the first time I have ordered anything from my phone & it was so easy & awesome
girlhaha.gif