MAC for Chen Man Collection Discussion

LeeleeBell

I take back what I said about Impassioned and FOL being similar. After comparing them today in natural light I changed my mind :)

Here is my comparison pic (click image to see it full size): L-R (all MAC l/s) Fusion Pink, Impassioned, FOL, Nicki Minaj VG

PS I think they all turned out pretty true to life except for Nicki who is not very photogenic I notice lol. She is more corally pink & bright than the pic shows

SweetSarah

FOL is kind of like WMS and QS had a baby. Bonus, it's that new creamy matte formula. I wore it yesterday with Campfire and Lantern Lights from the Aloha stack.

Richelle83

Budding Love is pretty, looks purplish in the tube but when you put it next to Lavender Whip it's definitely not. On my lips it's straight up baby pink. Not sure if you can tell the difference on my hand though.

Left-BL Right-LW

elegant-one

Got my goodies LOVE them both.

Budding Love ls is a very adorable wearable lilac pink
FOL lg is lovely on as well.
Getting the last FOL ls tomorrow

Everyone needs Zen Rose! (supreme) GORGEOUS on ...just sayin
greengrin.gif

Medgal07

I have no self control whatsoever. Just purchased l/s & l/g in FOL & BL, PIP Beauty Powder & Pinkly Fresh nail lacquer.
Why stop there when I can add insult to budget injury so, I got the Marcel Wanders 2, #187 brush, Annelie l/s and Jana l/g.
i couldn't offend the Sheen collection so I got Zen Rose l/s and Imperial Red l/g. I'm so loving pink these days so I also picked up the
Strawberry Patch crushed metal pigment set. I shall now seek a twelve-step program for the makeup addicted. I can' help myself!

Babylard

I have no self control whatsoever. Just purchased l/s & l/g in FOL & BL, PIP Beauty Powder & Pinkly Fresh nail lacquer.
Why stop there when I can add insult to budget injury so, I got the Marcel Wanders 2, #187 brush, Annelie l/s and Jana l/g.
i couldn't offend the Sheen collection so I got Zen Rose l/s and Imperial Red l/g. I'm so loving pink these days so I also picked up the
Strawberry Patch crushed metal pigment set. I shall now seek a twelve-step program for the makeup addicted. I can' help myself!

It happens to all of us. *hugs* :) The more make up you aquire, the smaller your hauls will get. You'll see in a couple of years LOL. I found myself being pickier and pickier as time goes by. I have so much that I don't use, so I pass on things a lot nowadays. I just do a bunch of mini hauls and try to round out my collection.

sillygirl82

Force of Love is Viva Glam Nicki's darker, matte, big sister. These colors are hard to photograph and look deceptively like regular pinks, but they have yellow tones in them and both look coral-pink on me.

I just tried FOL on and it is a very creamy matte. It sounds like MAC is listening to our complaints and improving the wear of some of the products.

VGN Nicki on Top, FOL on the bottom

FYI, I'm glad that I work with mostly men and my MAC items were still on my desk at work. I also bought Pinkly Fresh nail polish. My MAC store only received 3 of these and they had to use 1 for the display.
huh2.gif

GlamQueen21

My order of FOL l/s and l/g and Budding Love l/s didn't arrive today! It says that it was departed from Houston two hours ago. I wonder if UPS will send it late tonight or Monday?

EDIT:
Just tracked my order and it's coming on Monday.

rosieposie75

I was trying to resist this collection, but it didn't work out very well. I just ordered BL l/s (backordered on nordstrom) and l/g, and threw in viva glam nicki for good measure
greengrin.gif

Boasorte

Wow, I bought Force of Love lipstick today. It is bright as heck on my skin. It sort of looks neon on me. I still love it though I need to find a way to tone it wayyyy down.

SweetSarah

I couldn't resist and picked up Budding Love l/s today. And Butterfly Party pigments. Someone confiscate my purse please.

Indieprincess

Just got my FOL l/s it's a pretty light pink on me, it's not as neon as I feared, it's much more muted and wearable. I was woried it would run too warm on my NC45 skin, but it works:)

SweetSarah

They are listed as NOT eye safe, however I have worn them on my eyes for the past two days with no problems. I would say to just use caution.