MAC for Chen Man Collection Discussion

kisou

I'm so happy I got FOL. I'm glad I called this morning to order it by phone because it was sold out by the time I picked it up.

Haha-- now I'm terrified that I may have missed out on Force of Love... I was going to swing by FIRST THING this morning, but ended up doing some late school work instead :X I hope my chance isn't lost forever! I'm swinging by my local counter tomorrow before class :/

MadTheologian

I managed to get the last Force of Love in stock at the local Macy's. One of the staff told me that MAC only sent TWO of them to Fort Wayne, not including the display sample. Someone bought one earlier, and when I arrived, the staff said: "We have one Force of Love left. Wanna try it?" So I did, it worked on me, and I bought it.

LARAELYSE

I got my stuff today... I was the first one there and when she went in the drawer to pull my things i noticed there wasnt much in there! about 3 of each item... more of the eyeshadows but the lippies and the beauty powder ONLY 3 EACH!!! I asked if that was all they had... & we agreed it was such a sad situation. This was at a Macy's counter. Cant wait to wear FOL l/g in the summer when my face is tan and with nothin else! & Budding Love l/s is a beauty!!!

(& in case anyone was wondering... I caved & got FOL l/s... I really like the matte finish even tho I swatched it next to VG Nicki & Immpassioned & it was quite similar. But a different finish makes it different! lol)

P.S. I HOPE YOU HAVE HAD A FABULOUS BIRTHDAY LIBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheerleader.gif
pompom.gif
yahoo.gif

peachsuns

Awesome swatches! Thank you so much, StyleBlack! It really shows the difference. I love them all!
eyelove.gif

hi,aww.. I really want too but I won't have my car till 9pm. =-( I' want to go tomorrow morning,but I'm guessing everything will already be sold out.

I wen to see the collection today. They were not flying off the shelves. At least at my counter. Hope you will see them tomorrow.
yes.gif

singer82

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIBA!
th_thstars.gif
Hope you have a blast

Oh Force of Love I never got to know you, but I must let you go!
weeping.gif
Cant wait for my budding love though on Monday, I love pinky purples.

peachsuns

I got my stuff today... I was the first one there and when she went in the drawer to pull my things i noticed there wasnt much in there! about 3 of each item... more of the eyeshadows but the lippies and the beauty powder ONLY 3 EACH!!! I asked if that was all they had... & we agreed it was such a sad situation. This was at a Macy's counter. Cant wait to wear FOL l/g in the summer when my face is tan and with nothin else! & Budding Love l/s is a beauty!!!

(& in case anyone was wondering... I caved & got FOL l/s... I really like the matte finish even tho I swatched it next to VG Nicki & Immpassioned & it was quite similar. But a different finish makes it different! lol)

P.S. I HOPE YOU HAVE HAD A FABULOUS BIRTHDAY LIBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheerleader.gif
pompom.gif
yahoo.gif
I compared those three, too. Nicki was lighter and neon-er, but they (especially Force of Love and Impassioned) looked similar.
iagree.gif
I ordered Force of Love, too.
tong.gif

LeeleeBell

I have posted my swatches in the swatch forum/thread as promised :) I thought FOL was similar to Impassioned btw. But i love a matte l/s and also love this paired with the FOL l/g

But if anyone needs to skip over this collection: if you already own Impassioned, I really think you can skip FOL.

LARAELYSE

I already have naughty saute, and viva glam gaga

should I skip budding love or is it different enough?

I just swatched all 3 of these on my hand real quick... just to confirm my thoughts... Budding Love looks more purple next to these 2 pinks... I love its lustre finish... Im not really good at saying NO to a lipstick... I have over 100 MAC lipsticks lol

NessaMBaby

Awesome swatches! Thank you so much, StyleBlack! It really shows the difference. I love them all!
eyelove.gif

Gorgeous! 
heart.gif

I wen to see the collection today. They were not flying off the shelves. At least at my counter. Hope you will see them tomorrow. 
yes.gif

Thai thanks peachsuns,I have my fingers crossed that they will tomorrow.

SweetSarah

I bought FOL and I looooooove. I passed on WMS because it was too orange on me, but FOL is like its perfect pink sister.

I looked at Budding Love, but passed. Of course I totally have Skippers Remorse right now and will possibly go back tomorrow for it.

Opinions? Will it work on a redhead with NC/NW 10-15 skin?

I almost, almost wanted Naval Blue piggie, but I have been debating on Butterfly Party stack from Vera and there is a sort of cornflower blue in it so I wouldnt need both and I prefer the crushed metallig pigments. Unless someone feels the need to enable me, lol. But I really never wear blue eyeshadow.

I also bought reflects blue. GORG!

So, what do you all think?

mac_atemywallet.gif

duckrodeo

My Nordstrom package has yet to update on when it's supposed to arrive! Bah. My MAC boxes should be here Tuesday. I couldn't wait for the launch of this collection so earlier in the morning I purchased Optimistic Orange, Full Speed sheen supreme, and a BU of Viva Glam Nicki. I'm sure MAC is like "Wow, this chick's really digging some orange and coral..."
girlhaha.gif

martiangurll

I bought FOL and I looooooove. I passed on WMS because it was too orange on me, but FOL is like its perfect pink sister.

I looked at Budding Love, but passed. Of course I totally have Skippers Remorse right now and will possibly go back tomorrow for it.

Opinions? Will it work on a redhead with NC/NW 10-15 skin?

I almost, almost wanted Naval Blue piggie, but I have been debating on Butterfly Party stack from Vera and there is a sort of cornflower blue in it so I wouldnt need both and I prefer the crushed metallig pigments. Unless someone feels the need to enable me, lol. But I really never wear blue eyeshadow.

I also bought reflects blue. GORG!

So, what do you all think?

mac_atemywallet.gif
I have been considering Naval Blue pigment too. I think it would make a great smoky blue themed eye. You should get the BP stack from Vera though--I think it would be banging with your coloring! Reflects blue would be great mixed in with some fuchsia or blue based pink lipsticks and glosses as well as over eyeshadows.

Can anyone who has both compare or swatch Budding Love versus St Germain or the Gaga 1 lippies? Are they different enough to justify having both?

HoneyMilk

PIP is so very nice on my skin. It's a perfect highlighter. With that said, my Snowglobe BP has developed a few spots where it's shiny? I know its from oil or whatever, but I use clean brushes and I never just layer it on top of lotion or foundation without setting it first.... Anyway does anyone know how to fix it?.mornis Snowglobe kaput?

Mac-Guy

With that said, my Snowglobe BP has developed a few spots where it's shiny? I know its from oil or whatever, but I use clean brushes and I never just layer it on top of lotion or foundation without setting it first.... Anyway does anyone know how to fix it?.mornis Snowglobe kaput?

Try BeautySoClean and scrape off the top layer. Try to avoid double-dipping when applying. Hope this helps to save your Snowglobe.

HoneyMilk

LOL ok I was writing on my iPad... ".mornis" should be "or is"
And thank-you Mac-guy. I do double dip. I will try to stop.