MAC for Marilyn

GlamQueen21

I'm most excited for Phiff! dazzleglass! I have two them as of now and I can get two more from this collection! It is a gorgeous dazzleglass that I really love! I'm happy to see Scarlet Ibis to make a return as well as The Perfect Cheek blush. I saw it at my CCO and almost got it but I don't know if it's still at my CCO.

sosdrielle

So Scarlet Ibis, Phiff! and The Perfect Cheek are re-promotes. Any others?
The lip pencils, the eye liners, the brow product, the penultimate marker are all permanent repromotes... Not sure about the other brow product, nail varnishes and lashes, I don't really pay attention to those MAC products. There doesn't really seem to be that much new stuff for this collection. I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest. Still getting most of the lipsticks though, depending on swatches.

nunu

All 4 shadows are veluxe pearl! Yaay. I kind of wish that the eyeshadows were grouped in a quad instead of single eyeshadows.

OctoberViolet

Oh Heavens!
th_e2cloud9.gif
I just returned from a day out with my mom. We walked about 10 miles. My feet are killing me! Then, I just get home and check out my favorite site and wallah. Info on the Marilyn Collection.
love.gif
As of now, my preliminary list consists of the below. I am a tad disappointed that we aren't getting anything mauvey like a lippie, gloss, blush or shadow, but hey I'm not going to complain. I have a feeling I'll be doing some major damage with this collection anyway.

Lipsticks (Yes!!!!, except for Scarlet Ibis which is one of my favs from the Iris Apfel collection. Don't need another one)

Deeply Adored - Deep scarlet (Matte)
Charmed I'm Sure - Dark true red (Matte)
Pure Zen - Warm nude (Cremesheen)
Love Goddess - Mid-tone pink red (Satin)

Dazzleglass (I have never tried this, is it sticky or yucky? If so, it's a skip)

Phiff! - Sheer yellow peach
Little Rock - Soft sheer white with pearlized pigments

Eyeshadows (getting all four!!!, wish they were in a quad, but what can you do??)

How to Marry - Soft White (Veluxe Pearl)
Preferred Blonde - Pale champagne beige (Veluxe Pearl)
Silver Screen - True silver (Veluxe Pearl)
Showgirl - Dark blue grey (Veluxe Pearl)

Beauty Powder (never tried one, but will with this collection)

Forever Marilyn - Sheer pale peach highlighter

Powder Blush

Legendary - Pale soft coral (Satin)
The Perfect Cheek - Neutral pink beige (Matte)

gracie90

It'd be a shame if it is special packaging, but I think it would be awesome to depot the 4 e/s and make a Marilyn quad...
VPs are my favourites :D

lyseD

The lip pencils, the eye liners, the brow product, the penultimate marker are all permanent repromotes... Not sure about the other brow product, nail varnishes and lashes, I don't really pay attention to those MAC products. There doesn't really seem to be that much new stuff for this collection. I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest. Still getting most of the lipsticks though, depending on swatches.
Thanks sosdrielle -- I thought some of these sounded familiar.

lyseD

Beauty Powder (never tried one, but will with this collection)

I have the two from Glitter and Ice and I love them both.

I don't really need another but I'm sure the packaging will pull me in.

OctoberViolet

Thank you, Iyse! I am looking forward to trying my first ever beauty powder with this collection. I can't wait to see the special packaging. It better rock our world.

I have the two from Glitter and Ice and I love them both.

I don't really need another but I'm sure the packaging will pull me in.

Richelle83

Quote: Originally Posted by OctoberViolet

Dazzleglass (I have never tried this, is it sticky or yucky? If so, it's a skip)

For me they are in between a cremesheen and lipglass.

xbarbiieex1

My list ::

Lipstick
Deeply Adored - Deep scarlet (Matte) maybe
Charmed I'm Sure - Dark true red (Matte)
Pure Zen - Warm nude (Cremesheen)
Love Goddess - Mid-tone pink red (Satin)

Dazzleglass

Eyeshadow
Preferred Blonde - Pale champagne beige (Veluxe Pearl)
Silver Screen - True silver (Veluxe Pearl)

Beauty Powder

Powder Blush
Legendary - Pale soft coral (Satin)
The Perfect Cheek - Neutral pink beige (Matte)

duckrodeo

Dazzleglasses are okay . I don't find them to be too sticky/tacky, they do have a slight grittiness to them if you over-apply because of the glitter in them - but maybe it's just my imagination. One of my favorites is a dazzleglass creme I picked up from a CCO a few months back.
The thing that irks me about dazzleglasses is that I feel they are not worth the price, tbh. They are about the same price as a cremesheen glass, but you get 0.6 ounces of product (with a cremesheen you get 0.9, but the price of those are irksome to me as well). You get .17 in a lipglass, which is less than the price.

I think it's a great formula, but for the price, ehhhhh. I think any drugstore brand can product a sheer shimmery glitter lipgloss that would be just as satisfying at a fraction of the cost. Cremesheens are another story, because if the color is unique I don't mind paying for them (i.e. my beloved Narcissus).

mekaboo

Honestly the things that are repromoted are things that were signature to Maryilyn. There are only so many red lip liners, black liquid liner, black eyeliner that you can do. Why would they come out with duplicates of these same things? It honestly would not make sense.

baghdad81

A nude lipstick really????? I don't know..and I too think if they repromoted QS it would have been good...and maybe elude since she was sooo pale!

Latest posts