MAC for Marilyn

elegant-one

omg you so do not look 53! thats awesome!
peace2.gif
girlhaha.gif
friends.gif
Thanks doll! I'll adopt you too.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

lyseD

Can anyone tell me how you prep your skin if you are using a MSF, BP or Careblend without foundation?

Thank you.

Off in 10 minutes to my counter to look at MM.

Bliur

I wore LG with a Chanel glossimer in Desir on top to get petrol this afternoon. Got some wierd looks, but I don't care because it's gorgeous. Desir brings out the pink in LG and also SPARKLES :D
I know this is off topic, but I have to say I love Chanel glossimers! Just got Sweet Beige, I've worn it once but I already love it.

liba

Can anyone tell me how you prep your skin if you are using a MSF, BP or Careblend without foundation?

Thank you.

For me: Clairsonic first. Hydrating serum next, let sink in (I use the MAC P&P Moisture Infusion currently, great price for the type of result it gives). Then moisturizer, let sink in all the way (I swear by Rodial Glamtox SPF15 now, but I used Clarins for many years). Voila. The goal is skin that is well hydrated with plenty of natural healthy blood circulation.

I also use Cane + Austin Retexturizing pads every other day at night when my skin seems like it needs extra exfoliation.

For a little extra smoothness and oomph, I may occasionally use the P&P skin smoother. I tend to not use concealer if I'm not also wearing foundation, except on super trouble days.

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliur I know this is off topic, but I have to say I love Chanel glossimers! Just got Sweet Beige, I've worn it once but I already love it.

They are my favourite lipglosses! Not sticky at all! I really need a red one :)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Thank you.

After my moisturizer I apply Actimine by Givenchy, which is a makeup base, but doesn't feel silicon-y, more like a very light moisturizer, And it evens out your skin, I use the pink one. (I switch with La Prairie Liquid Soft Glow sometimes, but prefer the Givenchy, because the LP one doesn't have any tint to it. Also the Givenchy has SPF.) I like these type of products that feel like a primer, moisturizer, corrector plus something that gives you a little glow all in one, if I don't use foundation which is most of the time.

2sPrincess

I ordered the bp but now I'm wondering if it might be too light for me I think I'm about NW25, any ideas anyone?

elegant-one

I really do believe this is a growing trend. When I go out to the most stylish avant guard clubs and galleries here in L.A., I see more and more young girls with an etherial Lene Lovich look, with flowing silk dresses and pale pale matte faces with matte red lips and strong cheeks - very YSL 1978 style. After all these years of bronzers and now the almost naked face, it's only a matter of time before bone china comes back full force!!
Exactly! I love that look on myself. I used the BP & then Legendary blush lightly & wore Chanel's RA Enthusiast ls (LOVE) which is a wearable vibrant orange coral red & the look was fab
love.gif
and that was just to go to the grocery store
girlhaha.gif
I wore orange red skinny jeans & a white T. My son calls them my 'safety pants' (like a traffic cone) because of the color
amuse.gif

We go to galleries as well!

gracie90

Exactly! I love that look on myself. I used the BP & then Legendary blush lightly & wore Chanel's RA Enthusiast ls (LOVE) which is a wearable vibrant orange coral red & the look was fab
love.gif
girlhaha.gif
I wore orange red skinny jeans & a white T. My son calls them my 'safety pants' (like a traffic cone) because of the color
amuse.gif

Those jeans sound amazing! In fact, the whole look does :)

elegant-one

I ordered the bp but now I'm wondering if it might be too light for me I think I'm about NW25, any ideas anyone?
No, it won't be too light. I am a light NW15.

Think of the BP as more of a soft focus makeup element - a soft veil for the skin. Its like primer on a canvas. Its not really to give or not give color. And, you definitely don't want to over-apply this.

liba

You ought to be able to use it all over the face, although you may want to apply it lightly and/or buff it in. Otherwise, use as a matte highlighting powder swept broadly across all the high planes of your face. Use a spritz of Fix+ afterwards to tone it down slightly if necessary.

PeachTwist

That's it. I am officially pissed the hell off with MAC.

My order STILL hasn't been shipped. I checked my phone all day refreshing the page to see it say Dispatched and it didn't. I came home, I called them and the girl said to me it had a shipping label printed so should be shipped tonight. Has it hell been shipped tonight. I just called again about an hour ago to speak to another girl who told me it says it's still "In Warehouse" and she doesn't know why. There isn't anything on there saying that there isn't stock or that it's blocked but yet we don't have a clue as to why it is it hasn't been shipped. She then says everyone has gone home so she can't even look into it further for me and would it be okay to call back at 9am when people from Track & Trace are in and people who work in the Warehouse are in.

This is crap. I ordered 2:18pm on Monday. There is absolutely no excuse as to why it has not been sent before now. I don't care if my order is "large", I paid for the damn items and if I don't get every single one of them I'm going to make a letter of complaint and also refuse to buy from them personally again.
rants.gif
rant.gif

2sPrincess

No, it won't be too light. I am a light NW15. Think of the BP as more of a soft focus makeup element - a soft veil for the skin. Its like primer on a canvas. Its not really to give or not give color. And, you definitely don't want to over-apply this.
Ooooh sounds lovely, thanks for the advise.

liba

love.gif
girlhaha.gif
amuse.gif

No point in even owning red jeans unless they direct traffic...straight to you!
punk_.gif

I think my first FM look is going to be full-on 1984, with a black cloque pencil skirt, black mesh blouson top over a black wifebeater and some metallic red booties. CIS or LG on the lips and some winged eyeliner using Siahi. Hidden Treasure on the cheeks, for sure. 'Not sure what's going on Friday night, but we'll make sure to find something out on the town!

Latest posts