MAC for Marilyn

Modmom

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but only other collectors will understand my anger. I took the plunge 8 months ago and hired a house cleaner. I just fired her this week because I suspected more than one occasion of theft. Turns out I was right. Her assistant was stealing from me. Specifically my makeup (and I think a piece or two of clothing). I noticed this week my Marilyn eye shadows are gone. I'm devastated. It has no value but it was mine and this collection was my favorite. I suspect I'll realize more is missing but I'm really too upset right now to even start looking. To think she went through my makeup drawers is sickening.

highheels

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but only other collectors will understand my anger. I took the plunge 8 months ago and hired a house cleaner. I just fired her this week because I suspected more than one occasion of theft. Turns out I was right. Her assistant was stealing from me. Specifically my makeup (and I think a piece or two of clothing). I noticed this week my Marilyn eye shadows are gone. I'm devastated. It has no value but it was mine and this collection was my favorite. I suspect I'll realize more is missing but I'm really too upset right now to even start looking. To think she went through my makeup drawers is sickening.
I'm so sorry this happened to you!! I know exactly how you feel... My husband's niece stole at least $500 worth of LE MAC from me last year... I got most of it back but the lip products I had to B2M (ie Kissables from Shop Cook)... I couldn't get past the ick factor of a grubby teenager sharing my lip products with her grubby friends. Anyway, how did you find out it was the assistant stealing and can you recover any of the items? The worst part is going through everything and realizing all the other items that are missing. Hopefully you're not missing a lot more. Can you call the police?! Hugs to you!

Modmom

Omg, what you had happen is just horrible! Especially theft from a family member. I would have done the same things with the lippies. I had suspicions of theft over a few months but always second guessed myself. When I noticed the Marilyn eyeshadows gone I knew without a doubt they were stolen. They were kept in a very specific spot. I confronted my cleaner and she confessed that she had to fire her assistant not long ago because of theft. I wasn't the only client to come forward. Since she never advised us that she was brining in an assistant, the responsibility is hers. I have no proof so there's nothing I can do. She took things that had no value. My jewelry is all there. All our electronics are good. I think it's just makeup. She couldn't resist the pretty stuff I guess. She stole at least one makeup brush too. I know that without a doubt.

Latest posts