MAC for McQueen Discussion

glittergoddess27

Well,.. this collection is going to break me,.. I will probably buy everything EXCEPT New Vegas,... the only skinfinish I am not thrilled with.

glittergoddess27

Well on my skintone it doesnt really seem to do anything but disappear for the most part,.. the glitter is kinda chunky like Naked you and is not lasting for me,..and I spray with Ben Nye final seal, but in about an hour it looks like its completely gone. Again it could just be a conflict with my coloring,... Really its the least used and Wouldnt buy again skinfinish in my collection,...At least Naked you leaves a soft gleam behind that looks soft and lovely,..

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
I will probably buy everything EXCEPT New Vegas,... the only skinfinish I am not thrilled with.

I'm with you on New Vegas. It's the only one I have which I probably will never wear. It's a serious yellow gold that doesn't suit my skintone. Gold Deposit is much prettier on my skin. It's richer and deeper gold.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I'm with you on New Vegas. It's the only one I have which I probably will never wear. It's a serious yellow gold that doesn't suit my skintone. Gold Deposit is much prettier on my skin. It's richer and deeper gold.

Aww dang, that means it probably won't suit me either. Oh well, guess I will see come October, man that is a ways away, let me get out of this thread.

te.amo.mac

Blah to the New Vegas , in my opinion its one of the worst MSF way too much chunk glitter though i am curious to see if the new version is less chunky and more color payoff, if not then ill pass since i already have the original.

Kiwi Girlie

I must be one of the only ones that's glad New Vegas is going to be re-released, lol. I missed it the first time and it's one of the MSF's I need to complete my collection, although that being said I probably wont like it, since alot of you are saying it has glitter like Naked You, I don't like too much glitter.

Not so much a MSF fan, but I can't wait to see the other items. McQueen does such interesting fashion designs, so hopefully the colors will reflect his unique way of thinking!

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Girlie
I missed it the first time and it's one of the MSF's I need to complete my collection, although that being said I probably wont like it, since alot of you are saying it has glitter like Naked You, I don't like too much glitter.

Yep,.. its gold chunk glitter on top of very little gold shimmer,... Way more of the chunky veins then Naked You, which you can at least work around. Don't get me wrong obviously I LOVE glitter, hence my screen name,.. but this particular skinfinish is prettier to look at then to wear. The glitter just doesnt make this product better in this case, now re-formulate it to be like the texture of Shimpaigne and then I will jump all over it.

Krasevayadancer

Does anybody think they might reformulate the msf for this collection? Just a thought, if so many people dislike it then why not accommodate and make it better?

dreamqueen

I missed this one first time around, so I'm getting it no matter what, but I do hope they reformulate the texture. I am betting they will ;0)

PeaceLoveVogue

I've read the color story on this, and I am SUPER excited!!!
smiles.gif

PeaceLoveVogue

I became a MAC fan a little under a year ago, and so I didn't even know what MSF's were for a long time. Anyway, I have never seen New Vegas..but I did have Naked You and all it was was glitter. Basically I looked like I dumped my head in glitter. I am a member of a few MAC communities elsewhere, and people seem to rave about New Vegas and say how much they like it. So who knows. You may end up liking it.
smiles.gif

ledonatella

I'm excited about this collection, esp. New Vegas, I've always wanted that one. I hated Naked You too, but my friend had New Vegas and hers wasen't near as glittery as Naked You so I might just like it.

kalice

I'm really excited for New Vegas. I'm asian, so I hope it'll compliment my yellow toned skin. I'd love to have a pale golden sheen that works with my skin colour instead of trying to neutralize it.

karrieleigh

The Kohl "Power" from this collection has the same descrip as Orpheus from Smoke Signals which is weird. Sorry if it's been posted, but I was making my shopping list and had them both down and realized that. :confused:

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrieleigh
The Kohl "Power" from this collection has the same descrip as Orpheus from Smoke Signals which is weird. Sorry if it's been posted, but I was making my shopping list and had them both down and realized that. :confused:

they swatch similar too.

karrieleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they swatch similar too.

Really? What's the difference to you? do you prefer one to the other? tia

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrieleigh
Really? What's the difference to you? do you prefer one to the other? tia

when i swatched them in my update book, orpheus had less gold shimmer to it than black karat. when you have gold shimmer in a black base it tends to swatch deep olive, which is what the black karat does cause of the amount of gold shimmer. does that make sense?

karrieleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
when i swatched them in my update book, orpheus had less gold shimmer to it than black karat. when you have gold shimmer in a black base it tends to swatch deep olive, which is what the black karat does cause of the amount of gold shimmer. does that make sense?

That definitely makes sense, thank you, I appreciate it! Looks like I'm gonna need to take a look at both
smiles.gif