MAC for McQueen Discussion

ellemarie

New Vegas doesn't show up on me AT ALL. It's frustrating because I really wanted to like it. I'll give it a few more tries before I return it.

I bought Pharaoh and Otherworldly, but I might return those, too. They just haven't looked good with anything so far. I might call and ask for suggestions. I really don't want to return $60+ worth of stuff, but I'm disappointed with it.

Danapotter

Okay my reviews of what I saw today:

--MSF was a shimmery bomb on my skin, and pretty much just put glitter on my cheeks
--Paint Pots were well, boring, nothing new.
--The eyeshadows, the texture was weird and so was the payoff.
--The lipsticks were not moistuizing and were cakey on me (which usually does not happen)
--The lipglosses were okay. Not great, not horrible.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Does anyone know when McQueen won't be available anymore?

when it either sells out or is rtv'd. there is no specific time frame for rtvs.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Does anyone know when McQueen won't be available anymore?

It should be in stock for around two months on the website. Stores have a more limited supply, so they'll sell out faster.

j_absinthe

So, going to the Antiquitease/Colour event today, I also swatched the McQueen eye colors.

The first application of the shadows was really chalky, but piling it on gave a very clean effect. Pagan didn't seem to show up on me too well.

I love, love, love Black Karat and Jealous. For some reason though, there was no Feline or New Vegas. Hmmmm...

The PPs were pretty, but for some reason, they were somewhat dry-I mean, more than usual for the Paints. It's probably because they're testers though.

jilliandanica

So from McQueen I got all 3 shadows, all 3 paint pots, New Vegas, Masque and White Magic.

My thoughts/reviews:
The shadows don't have a much color payoff as I was expecting. You'd really have to use the paint pots to get the color that's in the pan or apply mucho times. I think I will be returning at least one of them because I found dupes with shadows I already own...

Pagan = Silly Goose with a little Bitter
Nile = Fountainbleu (yes it has a pink pearl vs white, but with Electro sky they look exactly the same)
Haunting = Aquadisiac with Aqua

I may end up keeping Pagan and Nile since Silly Goose and Fountainbleu are no longer available. But I think I can live without Haunting.

The paint pots are a cream texture and feel a lot dryer. They don't apply as smooth so I have to use UDPP to prep my lids. The pp dry a lot faster too so once I put them on I have to apply shadow right away to be able to blend. The upside about these pp are the fact that the colors are buildable so they're great as a base or on their own. If you pass up the shadows, the paint pots are worth getting.

New Vegas
eyelove.gif
...i LOVE this...enough said haha. It gives me a nice subtle glow. I have Shimpagne and that usually makes me look shiny/oily but New Vegas gives me that perfectly lit glow. I haven't gotten any chunks of glitter but that could be because I got a lucky pot that didn't have excessive veining.

Masque l/s is a nice color but it applies quite dry. The texture feels more like a matte than a satin (i think that's what it is). The color looks pretty dang close to Blankety just without the fab texture.

White Magic l/g applies pretty much clear on my lips but you do see the white pearl. I was going to return this because I bought Trifle from Antiquitease but WM applied over other lip colors gives you that pretty, glassy-wet look. I tried it with a lil Hothouse l/g and it was gorgeous.

So anyway, I think Haunting is the only thing really going back. I'll probably pick up another feline kp in exchange. HTH.

Miss_M

I went to MAC today and got New Vegas MSF and Masque lipstick. The MA told me that Masque is literally flying of the shelves and I was lucky enough to get my hands on the second last one. My counter wasn't going to get the McQueen collection at first (only the Amsterdam counter), so you can imagine I'm a very happy woman
greengrin.gif

Masque is such a pretty color, it reminds me of Faux and a lighter version of Syrup
eyelove.gif

purplkaret

anyone ahve an idea of how pagan compares to the green in the nars rated R eyeshadow duo? i'm so tempted to get it but i already have rated R so... help! Thanks in advance!

BunnyBunnyBunny

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A COUNTER/STORE THAT STILL HAS MASQUE LIPSTICK PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASEEEEEE MESSAGE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Preferably with a phone number. I want it so much, I'm gonna cry. ;__; I've called all the local Nordstroms/stores and cannot find any. I'm going to call all the MAC stores in NYC tomorrow. PLEASE someone help!!

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A COUNTER/STORE THAT STILL HAS MASQUE LIPSTICK PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASEEEEEE MESSAGE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Preferably with a phone number. I want it so much, I'm gonna cry. ;__; I've called all the local Nordstroms/stores and cannot find any. I'm going to call all the MAC stores in NYC tomorrow. PLEASE someone help!!

it's still available on the canadian website, so if you really cannot find it and do not mind paying extra, you can probably get someone to CP for you

BlahWah

Okay, a bit late in the game to ask this, but does Masque look very similar to Body Suit from Lingerie? I just swapped BS away and got Masque in the mail, only to have a bit of deja-vu when trying out Masque. Please tell me I'm not going crazy!

Susanne

This is one of my favourite collections! I love l/g White Magic and MSF New Vegas. PP Otherwordly and e/s Haunting are definitely my colours! More of it
winks.gif

christineeee_

haunting e/s, nile e/s, nothingless l/g, and white magic l/g are still available on the Canadian site...i think i'm gonna get white magic

KikiB

The Nordie's at the mall I work at actually got an accidental shipment of a good 10 or so Pagan eyeshadows...so I got to pick one up even though I missed the McQueen collection. I do like the colour that it goes on as, I can pair it with a yellow no problem.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by komischkatze
AND White Magic. I keep repeating myself but that one just makes me so happy.
cheerleader.gif

I totally agree.

Latest posts