MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

Spanky

Ay! I was sitting here thinking that i was going to try & get it until I saw that it is a frost. I don't know if I gave frosts a fair shot (& cant remember the name of the LS) but I shied away from them becaused I felt like it really settled into my lip lines, anyone else have this issue with frosts?

SatelliteDrmr

A little late to the party here, but would someone be willing to do a CP for me for this one?
Fingers crossed they have it here, as they did with Black Knight last year.
th_wink3.gif

The promo pics look nothing like I expected, but very pretty nonetheless. I hope it is like jet, just renamed, as jet was so beautiful. If us Canucks can order it, I'll get it. :)

GlamQueen21

According to MAC Cosmetic's fan page, you can get early access to this collection on Wednesday at 9PM EST before anyone else if you are a fan of MAC Cosmetic's fan page.

CharlieKelly

I am so sorry for the stupid question but, what is up with this lipstick? You use it under other colors to give it a certain finish or is it meant to be used alone? Thanks!!

liba

Bad news :: definitely not Jet

Good news :: still pretty awesome.
Well, they sure call it Jet in the book, marked as a repromote.....maybe they used a pencil underneath and it's shifted the look?

If it's just Jet in name only, it's not like that'd be the first time at MAC. It's an awesome color, no matter what, though! If it's this opaque I'm happy, since that EL Gunmetal is quite sheer.

CartoonChic

Nope. That would be awesome, thank you!

cheerleader.gif

Is the black chromagraphic pencil lip safe? I know some of them aren't.
NYX has a black lip pencil called Black Berry. You can also try MAC Stone lip pencil. It's a gray-taupe color. It's no longer on the website, but I think you can still find it at freestanding and PRO stores.

BuickMackane

NYX has a black lip pencil called Black Berry. You can also try MAC Stone lip pencil. It's a gray-taupe color. It's no longer on the website, but I think you can still find it at freestanding and PRO stores.
Why do they always have to discontinue the best stuff? I have NYX 1000 Years which is also gray-taupe but I don't know how it compares to Stone. I think Stone might be lighter (and therefore more wearable).

DeadMonique

Alright, I was on the fence but after seeing it combined with YR I have to get it. Now lets see if I am quick enough to snag one!

CartoonChic

Why do they always have to discontinue the best stuff? I have NYX 1000 Years which is also gray-taupe but I don't know how it compares to Stone. I think Stone might be lighter (and therefore more wearable).
I need to add NYX 1000 Years to my to-get list. There are some other NYX pencils I've been meaning to pick up, too.

By the way, I remember someone posting in another thread a link to a list that showed what make PRO items are lip and eye safe, but I can't find the link. I think it was a post on temptalia.com.

DeadMonique

According to MAC Cosmetic's fan page, you can get early access to this collection on Wednesday at 9PM EST before anyone else if you are a fan of MAC Cosmetic's fan page. [/quote Like their Facebook fan page? I don't have a face books so I don't know. How would that work, a special link or code maybe. I dot want to miss out just for not having a Facebook!

Mac-Guy

Like their Facebook fan page? I don't have a face books so I don't know. How would that work, a special link or code maybe. I dot want to miss out just for not having a Facebook!
It will be a link. I'm sure, it will be posted here as well.

PeachTwist

Just seen this on Twitter

https://twitter.com/MACcosmetics/status/270935742295965696
Well crap. As neat as it is, I just paid my CP for it. I really hope it isn't that opaque, I was hoping it would be a gunmetal version of Ruffian Gold. I'll be extremely disappointed, but eh, guess I can re-sell it if I see swatches and dislike it.

Latest posts