MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

martiangurll

I thought Grey Friday would last for a couple of days before selling out. Maybe they did make less quantity because of last year's Black Knight. That lipstick was last year's "Black Friday only" release, and it stuck around for almost a year. I think there's a chance MAC will restock Grey Friday.
I got a feeling, just a hunch really, that they will.

pocketmouse

o_o Definitely wasn't expecting this to sell out so quickly, now I kinda regret not getting it. I was super excited for it, but then T's swatches made me really question whether or not I should get it, so then I decided to wait til there were a couple more photos available as I was expecting it to last at least a few days (I was super excited for black knight last year, only to have it be available for like 6 months, d'oh) Crossing my fingers for a restock!

CartoonChic

My order shipped already. I really wasn't expecting that since I got standard shipping.

I was looking up Butter London polish swatches. Gobsmacked seems like it could be similar to the Grey Friday polish.

BuickMackane

My order shipped already. I really wasn't expecting that since I got standard shipping.

I was looking up Butter London polish swatches. Gobsmacked seems like it could be similar to the Grey Friday polish.
While the shades look quite similar, Gobsmacked is a very sheer grey base (could even be clear) with lots of tiny charcoal glitter. GF looks more like a shimmer.

ergilley

This is a photo of me wearing Jet with a little black liner around the edges, about 10 years ago. I am SO EXCITED that I was able to order Grey Friday last night! I hope it is exactly the same. Mine went bad YEARS ago and so I recycled it, of course. I have been waiting for this!!!

hwdsprincess

Aww man I missed out on this, lol I ate so much thanksgiving dinner that I passed out early my intentions were to get this and go to Macy's to preview taste temptations, ugh at least I can still get taste when it comes out, I woke up this morning saw the dreaded sold out on grey Friday.

lilinah

Well, when the FB GF code went up at 9 PM Eastern time, we were in the midst of Thanksgiving dinner, because that's 6 PM Pacific (West Coast) time.

I didn't get home and on-line until after 10 PM Pacific (1 AM Eastern). I went directly to MAC's website. My webmail is especially bad with this spotty internet connection, and i didn't want to waste 1/2 hour waiting for each page to load to check for any special codes.

I was surprised that as late as i was, there were still plenty of Grey Friday lipsticks (not interested in the nail polish - there are plenty of metallic dark nail polishes). I shopped around the site a bit and ended up getting Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye as well.

I guess despite all the excitement here on Specktra, we didn't buy them out right away. So i got my lipstick after all. But, darn, I didn't have that Free 2-day shipping code... oh, well, i don't need the lipstick immediately anyway, so i can wait.
mac_addict.gif

I hope all American Specktralettes and Specktrans had a pleasant Thanksgiving. Among other things, i am thankful for the supportive community here.
And everyone not in the US, i hope you had a pleasant Thursday evening, as well!
th_star.gif

P.S. i got a camera a couple days ago! Now i have to practice taking swatch photos
kissy.gif

OctoberViolet

eyelove.gif
Gorgeous ergilley!!! Love your hair rocks with those streaks and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your makeup, especially the lipstick. Jet looks amazing on you. Fingers crossed Grey Friday will be very similar.

This is a photo of me wearing Jet with a little black liner around the edges, about 10 years ago. I am SO EXCITED that I was able to order Grey Friday last night! I hope it is exactly the same. Mine went bad YEARS ago and so I recycled it, of course. I have been waiting for this!!!

hwdsprincess

And they just sent me a text awhile ago telling me about it, idk why Mac sends things out when they're sold out already

DeadMonique

This is a photo of me wearing Jet with a little black liner around the edges, about 10 years ago.  I am SO EXCITED that I was able to order Grey Friday last night!  I hope it is exactly the same.  Mine went bad YEARS ago and so I recycled it, of course.  I have been waiting for this!!!
This is fabulous! How I intend to wear it ;)

singer82

I'll be getting mine Thursday, yay! :) I did standard shopping too, good job MAC. Sugarpill ate my wallet too! But hey a quad and 7 pigments for 80 bones is pretty damn good! Then MAC will come back to take a bite out off my wallet with TT! Good thing I worked 13 hours today.

MissTT

The link I received from MAC for this item still is broken and I don't have Facebook. I wonder what was up with the wack link? Or maybe it's my Chrome, but I don't know why that would suddenly be a problem.