MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

ergilley

Thanks for the comments everyone - I worked for MAC back then, so my whole face was MAC in that photo. I had on the silver paint (forget the name, the kind in the tube), with Electra and Carbon shadows. Pretty sure the foundation was W10 which was in a formula I can't remember, it was in a squeeze tube like the Studio Sculpt is in now, only a flatter tube, that formula is long gone though and that color doesn't seem to be available in anything.

mac_aiken

Thanks for the comments everyone - I worked for MAC back then, so my whole face was MAC in that photo. I had on the silver paint (forget the name, the kind in the tube), with Electra and Carbon shadows. Pretty sure the foundation was W10 which was in a formula I can't remember, it was in a squeeze tube like the Studio Sculpt is in now, only a flatter tube, that formula is long gone though and that color doesn't seem to be available in anything.
I think you can still get W10 in the full coverage foundation.

kimibos

Just received my shipping confirmation. My lippie shoul be in my hands by Tuesday-woot!
cheerleader.gif
. did you get chinchilla already?? you should email them about the shipping. i got serpentina really quickly. im dying for your review. if you like it, ill get it.

BuickMackane

cheerleader.gif
. did you get chinchilla already?? you should email them about the shipping. i got serpentina really quickly. im dying for your review. if you like it, ill get it.
I know the question wasn't directed at me but I'll butt in anyways. Hehe.

I got my Chinchilla and Airborne Unicorn last week (I ordered them from eBay though). I haven't worn Chinchilla yet but I did wear Airborne Unicorn. The shade is absolutely gorgeous (think a bluer and more saturated Play Time). The lippie felt just like a MAC Amplified, it didn't dry out my lips (which is miraculous, because my lips are an absolute train wreck these days) and I experienced no feathering/bleeding. So far so good. HOWEVER, unlike an Amplified lippie, the staying power left a lot to be desired. I had to reapply every time I ate or drank something. But because the colour is so beautiful I'm prepared to overlook this. Also, I wear a lot of lip balm (layers and layers of the stuff. lol) these days because of the awful condition my lips are in. So perhaps that is partially responsible for the less-than-impressive staying power.

One thing that really surprised me about AU was how wearable it actually is. Which is great, in a way, but I was hoping for something a bit more out there.

I'm hoping to give Chinchilla a whirl next week. It looks slightly more lavender than my old Lancome Gris Chintz, at least in the tube. The pic that OctoberViolet posted upthread is fairly colour accurate, IMO. But I think this is one of those chameleon colours that depend a lot on the wearer's skintone.

kimibos

I know the question wasn't directed at me but I'll butt in anyways. Hehe.

I got my Chinchilla and Airborne Unicorn last week (I ordered them from eBay though). I haven't worn Chinchilla yet but I did wear Airborne Unicorn. The shade is absolutely gorgeous (think a bluer and more saturated Play Time). The lippie felt just like a MAC Amplified, it didn't dry out my lips (which is miraculous, because my lips are an absolute train wreck these days) and I experienced no feathering/bleeding. So far so good. HOWEVER, unlike an Amplified lippie, the staying power left a lot to be desired. I had to reapply every time I ate or drank something. But because the colour is so beautiful I'm prepared to overlook this. Also, I wear a lot of lip balm (layers and layers of the stuff. lol) these days because of the awful condition my lips are in. So perhaps that is partially responsible for the less-than-impressive staying power.

One thing that really surprised me about AU was how wearable it actually is. Which is great, in a way, but I was hoping for something a bit more out there.

I'm hoping to give Chinchilla a whirl next week. It looks slightly more lavender than my old Lancome Gris Chintz, at least in the tube. The pic that OctoberViolet posted upthread is fairly colour accurate, IMO. But I think this is one of those chameleon colours that depend a lot on the wearer's skintone.
thanks darling. they are having a 20% off sale right now. so why not? im kind of mad i missed the 30% off one yesterday.

BuickMackane

thanks darling. they are having a 20% off sale right now. so why not? im kind of mad i missed the 30% off one yesterday.
I'd say go for it! And google some pics of AU - you might like it :)

I'm eyeing their Aquataenia and Alchemy palettes too but I can't buy them right now*. I already have Palette d'Antoinette, which I'm quite happy with.

*well, in theory I can but that would mean USD11 shipping costs per palette. No bueno.

OctoberViolet

Hi Kimibos. Sorry for the delay. I was out all day yesterday. I haven't received my lipsticks yet. I'm so bummed.
weeping.gif
I contacted Lime Crime and she was very quick to respond. According to her records, my package was delivered on November 19th, but I was never notified by my Post Office. This reminds me of the nightmare I had with the Marilyn collection.
censored.gif
I just contacted my Post Office and have requested a re-delivery for this Tuesday, November 27th. Fingers crossed nothing gets messed up again. Once I receive my lippies, I will try them on later in the week and let you & my fellow Specktra family know how they are. I thank you, BuickMackane for letting us know about Airborne Unicorn which I am now regretting not getting. Maybe the next time.

cheerleader.gif

mac_aiken

I get mine tomorrow. Can't wait! I also ordered the new BB compact and another pot of Lip Erase (love this stuff).

OctoberViolet

I found these two pictures of our Grey Friday lipstick. The first picture looks amazing. The seond I can barely see the lipstick color. It looks like it was muted down. Still pretty, but I want some grey in my lips.

BuickMackane

Hi Kimibos. Sorry for the delay. I was out all day yesterday. I haven't received my lipsticks yet. I'm so bummed.
weeping.gif
I contacted Lime Crime and she was very quick to respond. According to her records, my package was delivered on November 19th, but I was never notified by my Post Office. This reminds me of the nightmare I had with the Marilyn collection.
censored.gif
I just contacted my Post Office and have requested a re-delivery for this Tuesday, November 27th. Fingers crossed nothing gets messed up again. Once I receive my lippies, I will try them on later in the week and let you & my fellow Specktra family know how they are. I thank you, BuickMackane for letting us know about Airborne Unicorn which I am now regretting not getting. Maybe the next time.
Aww. That's so annoying. Does LimeCrime not give a barcode/tracking number when it ships stuff out?

Either way, chances are your lippies are waiting for you at the post office. It happened to me quite a few times - no couldn't-find-you note in the postbox, so I only found out where my parcels were when I called postal services and told them the barcode number.

re: AU - you can get it any time, it's not LE as far as I know :)

kimibos

weeping.gif
censored.gif
thanks darling, im sorry that happened to you. i want airbone unicorn now. i wasnt happy about serpentina, but i used it with nightmoth lip liner and i love it. im going to try grey friday and serpentina with a black liner as well.