MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

Mac-Guy

This is the first time in a while I've felt truly excited about a MAC collection. I love gunmetal gray, and have been trying to get that look on my lips. I just hope it doesn't sell out.
Last year, Black Knight was hanging around for a very long time. Maybe it's the same this year with the grey lippie.

katred

Specktra Bestie
what is the finish for this lipstick?

Im the same as Katred, because its the kind I can mix or wear alone when I really want to vamp something up I would rather have it than not have it.
Assuming they keep it the same, the original was a frost.

OctoberViolet

This sounds heavenly.
angelic.gif

Assuming they keep it the same, the original was a frost.

CartoonChic

Last year, Black Knight was hanging around for a very long time. Maybe it's the same this year with the grey lippie.
I know. Black Knight has been available for nearly a year. I saw that it sold out a few months ago and then was restocked. It's currently sold out now. I was tempted to send a letter of complaint for false advertising since it was supposed to be limited only to Black Friday.
lol.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Prettypackages
how do you wear a grey lipstick?

I had a silver grey lipstick from Urban Decay back when they were badass in the mid-90s. And i have Lime Crime Chinchila, which is lavender grey. I just wear 'em. Gotta have the rest of my face done - a bit of dimension and color on the cheeks. And the right clothes...

Teggy

I had a silver grey lipstick from Urban Decay back when they were badass in the mid-90s. And i have Lime Crime Chinchila, which is lavender grey. I just wear 'em. Gotta have the rest of my face done - a bit of dimension and color on the cheeks. And the right clothes...
I've been eying Chinchilla, though I'd rather not give Lime Crime my money. Maybe...

Fyrinnae's Pierced is a great color, but it bleeds like the dickens. So to do the gunmetal look, I've layered Illamasqua's intense lipgloss in Galactic over a generic black lipstick. Galactic is more of a bright silver on its own.

liba

I've been eying Chinchilla, though I'd rather not give Lime Crime my money. Maybe...

Fyrinnae's Pierced is a great color, but it bleeds like the dickens. So to do the gunmetal look, I've layered Illamasqua's intense lipgloss in Galactic over a generic black lipstick. Galactic is more of a bright silver on its own.
You could definitely consider the Estee Lauder Gunmetal lipstick too. It's sheer but with a lot of depth and sparkle. Also a very nice, moisturizing formula. I think it's the very first EL lipstick I ever felt so moved to buy.

Teggy

You could definitely consider the Estee Lauder Gunmetal lipstick too. It's sheer but with a lot of depth and sparkle. Also a very nice, moisturizing formula. I think it's the very first EL lipstick I ever felt so moved to buy.
Thanks for the tip, but I'll pass. If I'm going gunmetal, then I want something opaque with a KAPOW factor!

sfmakeup

You ladies have a lot of guts to wear a gray or black lippie! I can't wait to see pictures. It will look fascinating but I don't think I can pull it off.

MACina

The sparkle is stunning
heart.gif

And due to its sheerness Gunmetal is perfect for mixing and adding sparkle to purple lipsticks e.g.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the tip, but I'll pass. If I'm going gunmetal, then I want something opaque with a KAPOW factor!
Then Jet should be right up your alley. It definitely has more pigment than the EL shade. At least it did originally.

martiangurll

Doesn't MAC PRO have black lipmix? I am thinking if I can't score this lippy, I can get the lipmix for the layering thang
huh2.gif

mtrimier

Doesn't MAC PRO have black lipmix? I am thinking if I can't score this lippy, I can get the lipmix for the layering thang
huh2.gif
indeed it does. (i had to stop myself from typing "fair maiden". long day and adult beverages have been consumed. apparently I go all medieval-speak randomly. sorry.)

Latest posts