MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

OctoberViolet

heat.gif
OMG! I must do this with Jet & YR. It's gorgeous!!! Tx kated.
th_drool.gif

Teggy

!!!! Thank you katred! Wow Jet is exactly what I'm looking for. I just...have no idea what to line it with. Maybe a UD eyeliner?

BuickMackane

I'd be all over this lipstick if it weren't for the finish. I just don't like metallic/frosty colours on my lips (though I do like them on other people. go figure. lol). I'd love a Matte or Amplified grey lippie though!

OctoberViolet

Great idea! I would welcome a grey lippie in these finishes as well. I'm still going to get Jet since I've been wanting it for awhile now. Fingers crossed we will get another grey lippie in the finishes you mention below.
thmbup.gif

I'd be all over this lipstick if it weren't for the finish. I just don't like metallic/frosty colours on my lips (though I do like them on other people. go figure. lol). I'd love a Matte or Amplified grey lippie though!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I believe katred mentioned it was a frost finish. We don't know if this will be the same Jet or a new & improved Jet. I would welcome a frost, matte or even amplified finish.
That's right. Although it's really more of a "pearly" finish- not as frosty as some that have that name.

princess sarah

Oh Yeh!! A matte finish would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Do we need Jet if we are going to get that really cool black lipstick coming up? The frost finish has me nervous...
I think that it depends on how you want to use it and how often you'll use it. The black lipstick from Strength looks like it's more opaque and like it has gold shimmer, so it will probably pull warmer. If you're looking for something that you can use to darken/ adjust other lipsticks as well as on its own, I think Jet would be the way to go. Personally, since I can never have enough odd colours, I'm planning on getting both.

Ironically, I could really use a grey lipstick for my Halloween costume and the new Jet would be perfect.

vaisforluvrs

If anyone is interested in this lipstick just for the layering aspect (and doesn't want to pay MAC prices), I just purchased the new Rimmel 15 Smoky Layering lipstick. It looks kind of gray in the tube but it is more plummy or purple on the lips. It is really nice over bright pink lips as it tones them down to more fall, pink-berry colors. Really fun to have and it's about $5US. I also read in Allure that there is a new Estee Lauder lipstick which looks kind of gray which also is also a layering lipstick. It's called Gunmetal Luminzer and it's supposed to make lipsticks deeper and darker.

cocofiere

I remember having a Maybelline lipstick that was like this a while back! I used to wear it to church (I've always been different, LOL) and believe it or not, it looked dare I say......pretty.