MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

MissTT

Then you should probably check out Chanel Notorious.
Speaking of Notorious I'm tired of waiting for mine. Everyone should ship via Priority minimum.
cutey.gif
UPS Ground is so slow. I guess that's why it's free though.

MRV

Now I'm going to have to check out Illamasqua. I've seen the brand mentioned a bunch of times before, but now I think I'm ready for it. I have to think for a long time before I decide to purchase from a brand because usually one item is never enough. Can anyone share the quality of their products? Is it comparable to a mid-end brand like MAC or high-end like NARS and Chanel?
I recommend their blushes (in addition to nail polishes!). No problems with pigmentation there! I only have one lippie from NARS and a few from Chanel, so I'm not really able to compare Illamasqua with them. I just like their blushes and N/Ps, but their lippies can be a bit tricky. I see they have also changed their glosses so I don't know how they are these days.

kimibos

Speaking of Notorious I'm tired of waiting for mine. Everyone should ship via Priority minimum.
cutey.gif
UPS Ground is so slow. I guess that's why it's free though.
same here!! im alsoo waiting for some ysl mascaras. i really wanted them before tomorrow. i think someone in here mentioned that nordstroms is having a buy 2 get 1 free tomorrow.

Baby1black

It is LE, but it's sill available. Chanel.com has it on backorder right now and I know you can get it at counters where available. I did a Search and Ship for mine at Saks.
Can u do swatches? I have only seen this blush on very fair skin.would be kinda nice to see it on different skin tones.

Debbs

I am not sure if this has been posted however I was told yesterday by a MUA at Macy's that this collection will also include blushes, eyeshadows etc as well as the lippies. She said that it comes out in the store Friday 12am (after Thanksgiving). It was be available till closing that one day then will be back sometime next year.
Are you referring to the Grey Friday collection or could it be Taste Temptations?
Mac-Guy she was actually referring to Grey Friday based on my recollection of the convo

CartoonChic

Can u do swatches? I have only seen this blush on very fair skin.would be kinda nice to see it on different skin tones.
Check out Ingenue's reviews!

http://shahadakarim.blogspot.com/2012/10/shadows-and-light-chanel-ombre.html
http://shahadakarim.blogspot.com/2012/10/fotd-notorious.html

Debbs

I am on the phone with them right now clarifying info. The MUA said that she was referring to Taste Temptation collection (sorry) and it will be available Thanksgiving night from 12-4am. Whatever does not sell out during that time will be available at the counters on Dec 13th. She described it as "a couple little limited edition things"

OctoberViolet

Thank you!!!!! I look forward to Taste Temptations and Grey Friday right after Thanksgiving.
dance.gif
doing this happy dance. I can get my purple and grey groove on.

I am on the phone with them right now clarifying info. The MUA said that she was referring to Taste Temptation collection (sorry) and it will be available Thanksgiving night from 12-4am. Whatever does not sell out during that time will be available at the counters on Dec 13th. She described it as "a couple little limited edition things"

vaisforluvrs

Yay! Another collections in 3 weeks! Counting down the days
yahoo.gif

CartoonChic

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about going to the store to try to get the Taste Temptations collection early. I remember my first Black Friday debacle back in 2005 and promised to never do that to myself again. Ever! But for some reason I think it will be different this time. The Macy's I'm thinking about going to is a lot closer to me and in a dying mall, so I don't think it will be packed with people. I think I'm going to try my luck.

Mac-Guy

That's what I thought :)

martiangurll

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about going to the store to try to get the Taste Temptations collection early. I remember my first Black Friday debacle back in 2005 and promised to never do that to myself again. Ever! But for some reason I think it will be different this time. The Macy's I'm thinking about going to is a lot closer to me and in a dying mall, so I don't think it will be packed with people. I think I'm going to try my luck.
I won't do it even if they were giving away free product. Well, if it was Perfect Topping MSF or Queen's Sin lippy or something. On the other hand, Cyber Monday is more my speed! Back OT, I am still on the fence about getting Jet but more yes than no.

CartoonChic

I won't do it even if they were giving away free product. Well, if it was Perfect Topping MSF or Queen's Sin lippy or something. On the other hand, Cyber Monday is more my speed! Back OT, I am still on the fence about getting Jet but more yes than no.
I know I'm getting Jet. I think it would be nice to have in my collection since I don't have anything like it. I know I'll get use out of it by layering it with other lipsticks like Ruffian Gold. The Jet+Yung Rapunxel swatch opened my eyes to the possibilities.

martiangurll

I know I'm getting Jet. I think it would be nice to have in my collection since I don't have anything like it. I know I'll get use out of it by layering it with other lipsticks like Ruffian Gold. The Jet+Yung Rapunxel swatch opened my eyes to the possibilities.
I was thinking of layering Summer Shower over Jet. I know, I am weird.