MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

martiangurll

I think that it depends on how you want to use it and how often you'll use it. The black lipstick from Strength looks like it's more opaque and like it has gold shimmer, so it will probably pull warmer. If you're looking for something that you can use to darken/ adjust other lipsticks as well as on its own, I think Jet would be the way to go. Personally, since I can never have enough odd colours, I'm planning on getting both.
Ironically, I could really use a grey lipstick for my Halloween costume and the new Jet would be perfect.
You ladies know I am only being rhetorical, of course we must have boths, my preciousess. If I just wanted to layer, I would get black lip mix.

bobbiedoll03

At first I was sure this lippie was not for me and just for collectors but after seeing the swatch with YR, I want it and I have so many ideas for how to wear it.

MACina

Me too...I can not wait to play with it and to mix it with several other lippies and glosses!
At first I was sure this lippie was not for me and just for collectors but after seeing the swatch with YR, I want it and I have so many ideas for how to wear it.

lilinah

Hardly substitutes for MAC's Jet, but for those who enjoy a darker lip...

...another fun dark lip color is Illamasqua Violate Sheer Lipgloss - dark forest green shimmer in a sheer almost black base. Christine of Temptalia has swatches and other photos:
http://www.temptalia.com/illamasqua-violate-sheer-lipgloss-review-photos-swatches
It appears that sephora is not carrying this color... or maybe just not yet...

Plus quite a few quality lines have full-on black lipstick, including Illamasqua, not so many have a meltallic black / grey, though. Urban Decay Oil Slick is a bit sheer.

kimibos

...another fun dark lip color is Illamasqua Violate Sheer Lipgloss - dark forest green shimmer in a sheer almost black base. Christine of Temptalia has swatches and other photos:
http://www.temptalia.com/illamasqua-violate-sheer-lipgloss-review-photos-swatches

Plus quite a few quality lines have full-on black lipstick, including Illamasqua, not so many have a meltallic black / grey, though. Urban Decay Oil Slick is a bit sheer.
lilinah i just go that last week, i ordered it with apocalyps lipstick. i love it. i had to order them from the illamasqua website when they were having free international shipping. i only payed $40 for both!

MACina

lilinah i just go that last week, i ordered it with apocalyps lipstick. i love it. i had to order them from the illamasqua website when they were having free international shipping. i only payed $40 for both!
Violate is STUNNING
eyelove.gif

And Apocalips too
heart.gif

Violate looks very nice layered over Pristine!!!

BuickMackane

Violate is STUNNING
eyelove.gif

And Apocalips too
heart.gif

Violate looks very nice layered over Pristine!!!
That's good to hear! I ordered it last week when they had 30% off a selection of items, plus free shipping. I also ordered Kontrol (probably didn't need it as I have Goes and Goes, which is kind of similar), Barber pure piggie and Thrust blush (the sucker is BRIGHT. No idea how I'll manage to pull it off).

My package arrived yesterday but I won't get to see the stuff until tomorrow (they were shipped to my work address and I took a yesterday and today off to sort stuff out at home)

Can't wait!

BuickMackane

when did you order? i was very surprised to find them shipping stuff out so quickly. normally they spend about a week "picking and packing". i don't think you have anything to worry about :)

which polishes did you get btw?

MRV

when did you order? i was very surprised to find them shipping stuff out so quickly. normally they spend about a week "picking and packing". i don't think you have anything to worry about :)

which polishes did you get btw?
I ordered last Wednesday. Maybe I was too hopeful. If it comes tomorrow, it's still good (a week). But I def expect it to come this week.

I got the Viridian & Glitterati duo.

Debbs

I am not sure if this has been posted however I was told yesterday by a MUA at Macy's that this collection will also include blushes, eyeshadows etc as well as the lippies. She said that it comes out in the store Friday 12am (after Thanksgiving). It will be available till closing that one day then will be back sometime next year.

Mac-Guy

I am not sure if this has been posted however I was told yesterday by a MUA at Macy's that this collection will also include blushes, eyeshadows etc as well as the lippies. She said that it comes out in the store Friday 12am (after Thanksgiving). It was be available till closing that one day then will be back sometime next year.
Are you referring to the Grey Friday collection or could it be Taste Temptations?

AniBEE

I keep thinking the miss the boat on this one as really for the consumer wouldn't you want to black before Halloween. lol Grid is pretty though I'm glad they included that.

CartoonChic

Now I'm going to have to check out Illamasqua. I've seen the brand mentioned a bunch of times before, but now I think I'm ready for it. I have to think for a long time before I decide to purchase from a brand because usually one item is never enough. Can anyone share the quality of their products? Is it comparable to a mid-end brand like MAC or high-end like NARS and Chanel?

OctoberViolet

Tx for the info Debbs! I'm with Mac-Guy. I thought Grey Friday would only consist of Jet lipstick. I'm not complaining, if they are going to add blushes and other stuff to this collection then it's fine with me. If it's also including Taste Temptations, even better. I can get my purple fix on the same time I'm getting my grey fix on. Woot!
th_sign_woot.gif

I am not sure if this has been posted however I was told yesterday by a MUA at Macy's that this collection will also include blushes, eyeshadows etc as well as the lippies. She said that it comes out in the store Friday 12am (after Thanksgiving). It was be available till closing that one day then will be back sometime next year.

Mac-Guy

Tx for the info Debbs! I'm with Mac-Guy. I thought Grey Friday would only consist of Jet lipstick. I'm not complaining, if they are going to add blushes and other stuff to this collection then it's fine with me. If it's also including Taste Temptations, even better. I can get my purple fix on the same time I'm getting my grey fix on. Woot!
th_sign_woot.gif
More blushes would be awesome. I want a blush with grey hues
eyelove.gif