MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

martiangurll

I had to google Summer Shower.
eyelove.gif
I bet that combo would be so pretty.
I am scamming right now how to make a combination that would give the the same effect on my lips as that Lust swatch ATM. Wonder if I layered Jet plus Pleasure Principle dazzle over Playtime or Fashion Mews lipstick?

MissTT

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about going to the store to try to get the Taste Temptations collection early. I remember my first Black Friday debacle back in 2005 and promised to never do that to myself again. Ever! But for some reason I think it will be different this time. The Macy's I'm thinking about going to is a lot closer to me and in a dying mall, so I don't think it will be packed with people. I think I'm going to try my luck.
Are they releasing anything on Black Friday that won't be released later in the month or is it just the opportunity to get it first?

nuclearteeth

So TT will be at macys counters on Black Friday? o hell yes I'm so going lol
I'm not even going to risk it, although the thought is tempting (no pun intended). I've been knocked to the ground and swung at on previous Black Friday forays, and my luck has been especially bad this year. I'll have to wait it out and try my best to grab what I want when it comes online.

Naughtyp

awww that sux! ;( the mall with Mac at Macy's isn't really that popular compared to the other one and its two exits away so I'm willing to risk it lol. it will really help me if. I can gets some of the collection from Macy's and the other half at Nordstroms lol

martiangurll

Are they releasing anything on Black Friday that won't be released later in the month or is it just the opportunity to get it first?
Well, last year they claimed Black Knight was a black Friday exclusive but then it stayed on the website for months (and I think is still there!) so I am not sure!

Debbs

I think we will be staying over with in-laws for Thanksgiving and the week-end afterwards. I have worked the previous ones so I made sure I was off this one. I am trying to figure out a get-a-way plan to see the collection. I plan to get 2-3 of the glosses only then I should will be good till December.

People who know me really well are now refusing to feed into my Mac addiction. I am losing out on well deserved gifts because of Mac ( that is all I ask for ) nowadays. I am tired of hearing that I don't need anymore more Mac items. I just will have scheme, get creative and outsmart these know -it -alls!!!!

kimibos

the macys in my mall doesnt have a mac counter. i think they had one, but didnt sell well, cause there's also a mac store and a nordstrom counter. i dont feel bad. i hate the women of the whole Beauty department at the Macys in the burlington mall in Massachusetts, they are rude as hell, worst costumer service ever. they ask you if you are gonna buy something or not, or just ignore you. rude wITCHES and im glad that nordstrom opened there 2 yrs ago. i dont mind spending lots of money at places when im treated the right way.

rant.gif
that being said, i cant wait for this to come out and taste temptations as well. more TT.

kimibos

Well, last year they claimed Black Knight was a black Friday exclusive but then it stayed on the website for months (and I think is still there!) so I am not sure!
nope it sold out when i decided to get it. but i dont feel bad about it.

MissTT

I think we will be staying over with in-laws for Thanksgiving and the week-end afterwards. I have worked the previous ones so I made sure I was off this one. I am trying to figure out a get-a-way plan to see the collection. I plan to get 2-3 of the glosses only then I should will be good till December.

People who know me really well are now refusing to feed into my Mac addiction. I am losing out on well deserved gifts because of Mac ( that is all I ask for ) nowadays. I am tired of hearing that I don't need anymore more Mac items. I just will have scheme, get creative and outsmart these know -it -alls!!!!
Ask for gift cards at stores that have a MAC counter. Or hell if you want to be really scandalous ask for an article of clothing from those stores and return them for store credit. Then use that credit to get your MAC.
devil.gif

OctoberViolet

I guess after a day of stuffing my face & stomach as well as being around my crazy family. Staying up until 12am shouldn't be too hard for me. I need to work off all that delish food my mom makes. How else to stay in shape, but to order online and spend money?!
type.gif
I will not go to the store. I went once on Black Friday and I also worked once when in retail on Black Friday and swore to myself never again! It was mad crazy!!! Fights both verbal and physical happening everywhere.
ohboy.gif

Online only for me. It's the safest and most efficient for me at least. Now, I just want to see pictures of Taste Temptations...especially the purples since I'm getting all of that hands down even if it's site unseen. I'm so pathetic when it comes to purples and odd colors.
angelic.gif

kimibos

I guess after a day of stuffing my face & stomach as well as being around my crazy family. Staying up until 12am shouldn't be too hard for me. I need to work off all that delish food my mom makes. How else to stay in shape, but to order online and spend money?!
type.gif
I will not go to the store. I went once on Black Friday and I also worked once when in retail on Black Friday and swore to myself never again! It was mad crazy!!! Fights both verbal and physical happening everywhere.
ohboy.gif

Online only for me. It's the safest and most efficient for me at least. Now, I just want to see pictures of Taste Temptations...especially the purples since I'm getting all of that hands down even if it's site unseen. I'm so pathetic when it comes to purples and odd colors.
angelic.gif
lets have our own thanksgiving here in specktra waiting for this to come out!!!
party.gif

OctoberViolet

Love this idea! You guys are like family and I love spending time on here with all of you. So....we spend with our individual families first and then our Specktra family afterwards. I, for one, am looking forward to this.
grouphug2.gif

lets have our own thanksgiving here in specktra waiting for this to come out!!!
party.gif

Prettypackages

Love this idea! You guys are like family and I love spending time on here with all of you. So....we spend with our individual families first and then our Specktra family afterwards. I, for one, am looking forward to this.
grouphug2.gif
I do that in real life too. my friends and I get together for a House/Txgiving potluck. Last year the food was better than my own family's food. LOL

lilinah

I had to google Summer Shower.
eyelove.gif
I bet that combo would be so pretty.
I love Summer Shower - it's a glistening aqua but it's a Glaze, so it's subtle on its own. When i'm in the right mood, i wear it with Peacocky (opaque teal). And it's great layered on more "normal" lipsticks to add a cool glow. I just fear using it up, it's so pretty and so unusual (and so unlikely to be re-promoted)!

Mac-Guy

I love Summer Shower - it's a glistening aqua but it's a Glaze, so it's subtle on its own. When i'm in the right mood, i wear it with Peacocky (opaque teal). And it's great layered on more "normal" lipsticks to add a cool glow. I just fear using it up, it's so pretty and so unusual (and so unlikely to be re-promoted)!
I hope there will be at least similar lippies in 2013. Yeah for Glaze finishes. :)

pocketmouse

Gah, I wish they would repromote this! I just looked at T's swatches and it looks great on her, too bad I didn't start getting obsessed with MAC again til 3 months after Fashion Flower came out. I love how green it looks in the tube, but then on the lips it's just like a multicolored lipgloss effect, but with the formula of a lipstick. I'd buy it + BUs.

martiangurll

You are making me wish I had a BU of SS. And, I was just thinking, what if I got the Apocalips lippy (from Illmasqua?) and layered SS over that? Anyhoo, all this talk of Glaze lipsticks and grey lips just inspired me to get UD Oilslick lippy and it was ON SALE at ACW. So now I don't have to fret if I miss this release (although I probably will plot to get Jet also)

kimibos

You are making me wish I had a BU of SS. And, I was just thinking, what if I got the Apocalips lippy (from Illmasqua?) and layered SS over that? Anyhoo, all this talk of Glaze lipsticks and grey lips just inspired me to get UD Oilslick lippy and it was ON SALE at ACW. So now I don't have to fret if I miss this release (although I probably will plot to get Jet also)
i dont have SS.
001_unsure.gif
but i do have apocalips and i love it. i like it with their violate gloss on top. i also got serpentina from lime crime and its quite pretty. im into weird colors right now
supacool.gif

Latest posts