MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

CartoonChic

indeed it does. (i had to stop myself from typing "fair maiden". long day and adult beverages have been consumed. apparently I go all medieval-speak randomly. sorry.)
No worries, my lady. We follow what you're saying.
girlhaha.gif

Teggy

Thanks to this thread, I think I'm going to do my gunmetal lip look for a show tonight. *shakes fist*

Prettypackages

I had a silver grey lipstick from Urban Decay back when they were badass in the mid-90s. And i have Lime Crime Chinchila, which is lavender grey. I just wear 'em. Gotta have the rest of my face done - a bit of dimension and color on the cheeks. And the right clothes...
thanks!!! I remember when UD first came out too, at the time they were only in Neiman marcus...
I have to check out that lavender grey...
I can't wait to see the looks you all come up with. I'm buying this b/c I trust y'all!;-) but I hope it isn't frost. I hate frost.

katred

Specktra Bestie
A-ha! I knew I still had it around! Since the lipstick is obviously ancient and smells like crayons, it's pretty difficult to get it to go on smoothly, so I had to layer it a bit to get it even. Fresh from the lipstick patch, this would apply smoothly and could be sheerer than what you see here, but this is Jet:

Spanky

Sorry, for asking these annoyingly pesky questions BUT... Is this an OL release only?Is there an approximate release date? If I have the EL Gunmetal lippie do I 'need' this lippie. Thanks!

katred

Specktra Bestie
As far as we know, it's OL only unless you're in NYC, in which case it may be available at one or two stores. It's not clear whether it's online in the US only, or whether it's available in other countries.

The release date is "Black Friday"- the Friday after US Thanksgiving.

The EL gunmetal lippie is sheerer and- I find- a little browner. It reminds me more of Urban Decay's Oil Slick lipstick than this one. Whether you need both really depends more on how often you'd use this type of shade. If you're using it strictly to darken other shades, I'd say you don't need it. If you want to wear the colours, though, I think there's enough difference to warrant having both.

OctoberViolet

heat.gif
Holy Jet lipstick! This is to die for!!!! Thank you katred. This is a definite for me since I had never heard of it before these boards. Late MAC bloomer over here. Fingers crossed MAC may bring back some other amazing older shades like Epic, Jungle Juice, Blueberry Fizz and others that have been mentioned before.

A-ha! I knew I still had it around! Since the lipstick is obviously ancient and smells like crayons, it's pretty difficult to get it to go on smoothly, so I had to layer it a bit to get it even. Fresh from the lipstick patch, this would apply smoothly and could be sheerer than what you see here, but this is Jet:

PeachTwist

Would any of you US ladies be kind enough to CP this for me?

PM me please if so! :)

Thanks!

EDIT: CP no longer needed, purplerinne has kindly offered - thank you!

MACina

th_drool.gif
.....OMG!!!

Jet is absolutely stunning
eyelove.gif

I love that it is really opaque!!!

Thank you so much for the pics Katred!!!

aradhana

Wow! Thanks katred! Jet looks super-awesome! Am so looking fwd to this one and the goldblack...Firm Form? I find that name a little funny. Kinda makes me think of the opposite...a jiggly form...

princess sarah

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!! yes yes yes I want this!!!!

I can think of so many creations I can come up with laying it with different liners and lipsticks

Thankyou Katred

kimibos

i have to get this!! im kind of into weird/awesome colors right now. i got illamasqua's apocalips lipstick and violate lipgloss, mac blue lipmix, lime crime sepertina. all i need is this and firm form.