MAC Heavenly creature discussion

OctoberViolet

Tx Mac-Guy!
flower.gif
Wasn't there something with Amethyst in it? Or am I thinking of another collection?

girlhaha.gif
It's ok, I get scared very very easily! Absolutely will be picking it up, well unless it looks like poop lol.

liba

Tx Mac-Guy!
flower.gif
Wasn't there something with Amethyst in it? Or am I thinking of another collection?

Stratus - Amethyst and golden brown melange - that's the darker one
Supernova - Magenta and burnt gold melange - the more hot pink looking one

I can't wait to see this collection. Here's hoping it's in the back room when I show up at my store tomorrow to pick up my Casual Colors (the store manager seemed to think it may be in by then, but I'll make a special trip to check it out whenever it does in fact come in).

OctoberViolet

Thank you liba for the clarification. I'm very interested in Stratus. Either way once I see swatches I will have to decided whether to "give in" to temptation or stick with my no buy which is getting harder & harder to do.

Tx again Mac-Guy for all your assistance also.

Stratus - Amethyst and golden brown melange - that's the darker one
Supernova - Magenta and burnt gold melange - the more hot pink looking one

I can't wait to see this collection. Here's hoping it's in the back room when I show up at my store tomorrow to pick up my Casual Colors (the store manager seemed to think it may be in by then, but I'll make a special trip to check it out whenever it does in fact come in).

Pinkdollface

Oh crap! Why did I read PinkDollFace's comment about these pictures on page 22? Now I'm interested. That purple swirly one is calling out my name. I can't tell if it's a blush or msf? I'm still trying hard to resist, but.... don't think I can much longer.
holysheep.gif
Sorry for getting you interested
tong.gif

liba

Thank you liba for the clarification. I'm very interested in Stratus. Either way once I see swatches I will have to decided whether to "give in" to temptation or stick with my no buy which is getting harder & harder to do.

Tx again Mac-Guy for all your assistance also.
Is there a particular reason you're on a no buy, OV? Waiting for Marilyn?
angelic.gif
vs.
devil.gif

I'm really excited for Stratus too - I don't care if it's very dark on me. I'll be fine going ultra dramatic for that color, especially since as far as I can tell, it may be one of the more sheeny ones (my MA was telling me half the MBs and MSFs have a similar texture to last year's SP MSFs and the other half are more glittery). Stratus is actually my #1 most anticipated product from this whole collection, followed by Earthshine MSF and Supernova MB. Actually, even with all the gorgeous blushes we've had this year, this is the one that gets me the most hot and bothered.
thud.gif

I wish I was better with swatches - I only have a really junky camera and am a complete failure at getting correct color repro from it. I did OK with that picture of Elude on my face way back when, but believe me, I had to take a ton of pix and happened to have the perfect light at the time. I swatched last year's MB collection almost a month before the release but my swatches and photos were so awful I didn't even post them - just blurry and terrible lol.

I'll for sure describe everything though, and will bring along anything I own that I think may be a dupe for an in-person comparison. If there are particular eye shadows you want me to look at, let me know, because I know I may pass too rapidly over a few, unless I know in advance to specifically keep them in mind. Special shout out to my buddies at my store - we have a lot of fun together and going in there to check collections out always becomes a multi-hour party time.

OctoberViolet

I decided to hold off buying due to not wearing a lot of makeup during the summer months and I already have so much. I figured why not save some money for the collections I know I will go all crazy on (ie: Marilyn Monroe).
love.gif

I'm quite interested in Stratus also. I can't wait to hear your reviews. I always enjoy them. They are very informative & detailed.
dance.gif

Is there a particular reason you're on a no buy, OV? Waiting for Marilyn?
angelic.gif
vs.
devil.gif

I'm really excited for Stratus too - I don't care if it's very dark on me. I'll be fine going ultra dramatic for that color, especially since as far as I can tell, it may be one of the more sheeny ones (my MA was telling me half the MBs and MSFs have a similar texture to last year's SP MSFs and the other half are more glittery). Stratus is actually my #1 most anticipated product from this whole collection, followed by Earthshine MSF and Supernova MB. Actually, even with all the gorgeous blushes we've had this year, this is the one that gets me the most hot and bothered.
thud.gif

I wish I was better with swatches - I only have a really junky camera and am a complete failure at getting correct color repro from it. I did OK with that picture of Elude on my face way back when, but believe me, I had to take a ton of pix and happened to have the perfect light at the time. I swatched last year's MB collection almost a month before the release but my swatches and photos were so awful I didn't even post them - just blurry and terrible lol.

I'll for sure describe everything though, and will bring along anything I own that I think may be a dupe for an in-person comparison. If there are particular eye shadows you want me to look at, let me know, because I know I may pass too rapidly over a few, unless I know in advance to specifically keep them in mind. Special shout out to my buddies at my store - we have a lot of fun together and going in there to check collections out always becomes a multi-hour party time.

liba

I decided to hold off buying due to not wearing a lot of makeup during the summer months and I already have so much. I figured why not save some money for the collections I know I will go all crazy on (ie: Marilyn Monroe).
love.gif

I'm quite interested in Stratus also. I can't wait to hear your reviews. I always enjoy them. They are very informative & detailed.
dance.gif
You know me, I try to be Miss Anti-Enabler when I can, but I will have to say that Semi-Precious was so much more than a summer collection for me....it worked for me way more as a late summer into fall collection. I wore everything from it almost exclusively until the end of October here in L.A., with certain things like the c/s/gs, Musky Amethyst ls (LOVE THAT ONE SO DAMN MUCH), and certain MES all the way through the dead of winter. Here we are, the beginning of June, and I've already busted out the SP MSFs and the MES again too.

I think it's a good guess to assume that a lot of the colors in HC are going to be indicative of what we're going to see from MAC for fall in other formulas, just like how the blushes from Naturally pretty much summed up 75% of all the spring and summer blushes that came after. Others are probably going to be a little too glittery for the winter and for most gloomy days in autumn, but all in all, I think there are going to be a lot of things that are going to work really well for a big chunk of the year and won't be too seasonal. I'm a contrarian, though, and don't have really huge high hopes for Marilyn being the right collection for me, plus I love Mineralize products to death, so I am totally biased.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Haven

Now my enthusiasm for this collection is waning, which is probably a good thing for my wallet. I really only want a couple of msf's from it now. Swatches of the e/s may change my mind, but I am suffering from serious MAC LE collection overload.

It seems that MAC is releasing too many collections every month, and each new collection has some really crappy products. There are some nice products sprinkled throughout though. The last LE collection that I went totally apesh** for and basically bought everything was naturally.

kimibos

Now my enthusiasm for this collection is waning, which is probably a good thing for my wallet. I really only want a couple of msf's from it now. Swatches of the e/s may change my mind, but I am suffering from serious MAC LE collection overload.

It seems that MAC is releasing too many collections every month, and each new collection has some really crappy products. There are some nice products sprinkled throughout though. The last LE collection that I went totally apesh** for and basically bought everything was naturally.
I really hope the mes are like the naturally ones.

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos
I really hope the mes are like the naturally ones.

I hope not, because I'll be buying them all if they are....
girlhaha.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
You know me, I try to be Miss Anti-Enabler when I can, but I will have to say that Semi-Precious was so much more than a summer collection for me....it worked for me way more as a late summer into fall collection. I wore everything from it almost exclusively until the end of October here in L.A., with certain things like the c/s/gs, Musky Amethyst ls (LOVE THAT ONE SO DAMN MUCH), and certain MES all the way through the dead of winter. Here we are, the beginning of June, and I've already busted out the SP MSFs and the MES again too.

I was sorry i could only afford a few things from Semi-Precious - Hint of Sapphire e/s, Rose Quartz MSF (i wanted more, but had to pick one), and Musky Amethyst l/s - i was leaving on vacation not long after its release and needed my $$ for the trip.

And here comes Heavenly Creature - right before i go on vacation again... this time i'm trying to make sure i can afford to get more than three things, cuz i am in love with everything Mineralize in the photos of this collection.
mac_addict.gif
&
mac_atemywallet.gif

kimibos

Quote:
I hope not, because I'll be buying them all if they are....
girlhaha.gif
good point, i have limited myself to 4 (5) hahaha its soo hard but at least i dont want any blushes or creamsheens and only 2 msf's for sure. ill wait to see if the golden pinky one has glitter. ohh and ill save some money by b2m two of the lippies.
mac_wishlist.gif

maneater

I really need to see swatches of the blush and MSF's though. I'm so pale that I need to see if a few of them are going to be too dark for me to really use. The hoarder in me is gonna want to get them all if I can't convince myself that some of them will be too dark or too brown for me.
Amen.

Genn

so since all the collections seem to be coming out a week early , this collection should be out in 3 weeks. where are the swatches already?
poke.gif

peachsuns

Hope you all enjoy this collection! Hope it will come soon! I must have a swirl immunity (Thanks to whoever created this term. It's just perfect! LOL). I totally feel safe from this collection. I'm sure I will still enjoy reading everyone's comment. Have fun!
cheerleader.gif