MAC Heavenly creature discussion

rockin

Loving Star Wonder. I think that one will be joining the lippies on my want list for this collection.

Thank you, Katja!

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyseD
No lipsticks? Which two glosses are those?

Thanks.

Galaxy Rose and Strictly Plutonic :)

maneater

I don't have a final list yet. I'm hanging on until some more swatches surface. I know for sure that I want all 4 MSFs.

liba

These are BEAUTIFUL. Why why why do they break me out???
crybaby.gif

I want Star Wonder. I need to figure out how to put an anti-acne shield between it and my foundation.
You may find the current formula a little better than the ones in the past - they're more finely milled with less glitter to irritate the skin. Another couple of things to try: try using a different brush that will get the right amount of color you want but that doesn't put so much on that you have to buff it into the skin - that'll be less irritating and better for your pores. Another thing I've been finding - even though they say it's fine to put a wet brush into MSFs, I feel you've got a better chance to prolong the life of your product and keep it clean by only wetting your brush after you've picked product up, or just apply it dry and then spritz afterwards with Fix+ or the like.

Maybe try one first in the store to see if it's irritating - or I'm sure if you bought it and it still didn't work for you, you could find a Specktrette or Specktrite to buy or trade it off of you.

Urmi

LOL, congrats :) I'm almost there too :p I made it the desktop background on my laptop  :haha: .  I hope there won't be too much variation in the swirling since I will buy online. I love Cloudy Afternoon from Naturally, but the first one I got had a lot of grey-blue veining and almost no gold. I was able to hunt down a second one on ebay, which has a little more gold thankfully.
Thank you so much for the promo pix! and Omg I did the same exact thing, immediately made it my laptop wallpaper :eyelove:

liba

Thank you so much for the promo pix! and Omg I did the same exact thing, immediately made it my laptop wallpaper
eyelove.gif
Funny, the first thing I thought was to make it my desktop picture too, but then I said to myself I'm already so doomed, why make it even worse.
smash.gif

Richelle83

I have it as my twitter background! I couldn't make it my laptop wallpaper....that's just too much!
Funny, the first thing I thought was to make it my desktop picture too, but then I said to myself I'm already so doomed, why make it even worse.
smash.gif

bulbasaur359

Be still my beating heart. OMG, I am dying at these pics. I am so wanting Lightyear and Star Wonder and Supernova. I might be getting those and Cut a Caper. If the collection releases online like it has before I'll be making two mac.com hauls as I get paid right after it would release and will then get some of the MES's. Can't wait.

Edited b/c I had one of the MSF's names wrong lol.

kimibos

F buying one eyeshadow by one, my haul is gonna be the macguy way, im getting all those babies at once. ill be a good girl by not backing them up tho!!

Genn

I think I have my list finalized except for the lipsticks. I think im going to try and stick with 2 l/s and 2 l/g.

Audrey C

You may find the current formula a little better than the ones in the past - they're more finely milled with less glitter to irritate the skin. Another couple of things to try: try using a different brush that will get the right amount of color you want but that doesn't put so much on that you have to buff it into the skin - that'll be less irritating and better for your pores. Another thing I've been finding - even though they say it's fine to put a wet brush into MSFs, I feel you've got a better chance to prolong the life of your product and keep it clean by only wetting your brush after you've picked product up, or just apply it dry and then spritz afterwards with Fix+ or the like.

Maybe try one first in the store to see if it's irritating - or I'm sure if you bought it and it still didn't work for you, you could find a Specktrette or Specktrite to buy or trade it off of you.
Thanks for the tips. I'm afraid to buy one and then have it do the same as the first one I bought. I've only tried one to date; a mineralize skinfinish natural. It had no glitter and I applied it lightly with a powder brush (can't recall which - not sure I had my 187 at that point). I liked the finish but I erupted in cystic acne as soon as I started using it. I'd never had that in my life and it took quite awhile to clear up.

A MAC MUA told me that the MSF do that to some people and to stay away from them. I use a liquid mineralize concealer and it's fine but perhaps there's something different in the powder. Anyway, it's too bad because some of these are gorgeous. I'll just have to enjoy them through all of you. :)

duckrodeo

Thanks for the tips. I'm afraid to buy one and then have it do the same as the first one I bought. I've only tried one to date; a mineralize skinfinish natural. It had no glitter and I applied it lightly with a powder brush (can't recall which - not sure I had my 187 at that point). I liked the finish but I erupted in cystic acne as soon as I started using it. I'd never had that in my life and it took quite awhile to clear up.

A MAC MUA told me that the MSF do that to some people and to stay away from them. I use a liquid mineralize concealer and it's fine but perhaps there's something different in the powder. Anyway, it's too bad because some of these are gorgeous. I'll just have to enjoy them through all of you. :)
I had the roughest bout with cystic acne over the past few months, until I realized that it was a reaction to the makeup I was using, too. I was using Benefit's Boi-ing concealer to conceal some blemishes on my chin and the cystic acne started popping up all over my chin. I thought it was hormonal until it dawned on me and I put two-and-two together, so I tossed the concealer in the trash. Voila! Cystic acne vanished. Appearently it contains Bismuth Oxychloride - which is a natural compound that is commonly used in cosmetics including MAC's mineralize items and Bare Minerals.

With that in mind, I know that some of the MSFs may contain the same ingredient, but I've been using my Lightscapade pretty heavily and haven't had any reaction to it whatsoever.

Latest posts