MAC Heavenly creature discussion

SweetSarah

Clarisonic users, how would that work on my very dry skin? I've been wanting one, but my face feels tight everytime I wash it even though I always always use moisturizer during the day and Maracuja oil at night. The oil has made a bit of difference, but still dry. Sorry for the OT.

Mac-Guy

Clarisonic users, how would that work on my very dry skin? I've been wanting one, but my face feels tight everytime I wash it even though I always always use moisturizer during the day and Maracuja oil at night. The oil has made a bit of difference, but still dry. Sorry for the OT.

The Clarisonic was the best investment ever for my dry cheeks. My skin is less dry as moisturizers and nourishing cremes are better absorbed by the skin (rather than by dead skin cells) and make up applies more evenly withing clinging to dry patches. While regular exfoliating has its benefits, the exfoliation I get from the Clarisonic is far superiors as it is more gentle and I see a long-term effect rather than a quick fix.

Anitacska

My Clarisonic does nothing for my skin at all.
shrugs.gif

sss215

While I really like VAE, I would've loved to see the thermal mask come back too, I love that even more.
I love VAE, but don't remember paying so much for it before. I think it was 20.00. I would love to see the thermal mask this year too.

Shellcat

Exactly. I bought my Clarisonic with the sensitive head, and it was just ok. I switched it a few months later to the normal head and it is perfect for me. LOVE it, will NEVER do without it.

I also recommend the Sonicare, it was created by the same person who makes the Clarisonic. I am a dental hygienist and I am telling you, the Sonicare is WELL worth the investment for your teeth and gums.

edit*** I think the inventor sold the Sonicare to Philips now.

Mac-Guy

OT, but: I Love the Sonicare toothbrush. I've been using it for 5+ years and it's just amazing for keep gums and teeth in good health.

I adore all the sonic action devices. Have you tried the Opal?

Shellcat

Not yet...I may in the future. Do you have it?

I have been using a Sonicare for many years now, starting with the bulky, first generation model. LOL!

It has really improved and it is a wonderful mechanical toothbrush. The only one I recommend, actually.

I have the latest one, the Diamond Clean right now, and it is fabulous! I also liked the Flexcare model from last year. It was the one with the UV sanitizer on the base.

OT, but: I Love the Sonicare toothbrush. I've been using it for 5+ years and it's just amazing for keep gums and teeth in good health.

I adore all the sonic action devices. Have you tried the Opal?

Mac-Guy

Re the Opal: It's great for plumping up dry skin. It really gets moisture into your skins and locks it in.

Re Sonicare: Not sure what model I have. :) They seem to change so frequently.

Shellcat

Sorry for hijacking this thread...

Yes, they come out with a damn new toothbrush every year. :) But like I mentioned, the last two are improvements over the past versions. The Diamond Clean is very sleek and streamlined.

Now about the Opal, can you use ANY cream or does it have to be a certain kind? You can PM me if you want this thread to stay on topic.

Sorry everyone!

Re the Opal: It's great for plumping up dry skin. It really gets moisture into your skins and locks it in.
Re Sonicare: Not sure what model I have. :) They seem to change so frequently.

Shellcat

Now back to the Heavenly Creature discussion... I want it all!!! If it wasn't for those dang SWIRLS!!!

Did I already mention that?
th_drool.gif

princess sarah

I am not 100% sure on this collection yet, but I would like to try the VAE after hearing so many reviews on it.

I am going to have to see more of this with swatches and colour story before I decide if I want to haul or skip.

Shellcat

Try it, I seriously love the stuff. Not for use everyday, but I love the way it makes my skin feel.

As far as hauling this collection, there is no doubt in my mind I am going to do some damage to my bank account with this one.

I am not 100% sure on this collection yet, but I would like to try the VAE after hearing so many reviews on it.

I am going to have to see more of this with swatches and colour story before I decide if I want to haul or skip.

pemily

hey hey,

I have a clairsonic and only use it once a day (at night) as to not dry my skin out too much (or produce more oils!!)
i think you should try the shu uemura cleansing oils they are absoloutely brilliant!!!
dont stress about the oil because you rub the product into a dry face and the minute that you add water it turns to a milky consistency try the premium for sensitive skin...
I also only use cleansers and toners at night, just water in the morning, my skin doctor said if you are cleansing before bed why strip away some natural oils that you produce overnight if your skin is dry?

I know everyone is different but all I can do is let you know what seems to work for me :)

Anitacska

It is possible that I'm not. I have the sensitive head that came with it, but my skin isn't sensitive. However, I've been putting off buying another brush head because I've already invested so much in the blooming thing I'm afraid another brush head won't make any difference either. :S

Icecaramellatte

Quote: Originally Posted by SweetSarah

hey hey,

I have a clairsonic and only use it once a day (at night) as to not dry my skin out too much (or produce more oils!!)
i think you should try the shu uemura cleansing oils they are absoloutely brilliant!!!
dont stress about the oil because you rub the product into a dry face and the minute that you add water it turns to a milky consistency try the premium for sensitive skin...
[COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA][COLOR=FF00AA]I also only use cleansers and toners at night, just water in the morning, [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]my skin doctor said if you are cleansing before bed why strip away some natural oils that you produce overnight if your skin is dry?

I know everyone is different but all I can do is let you know what seems to work for me :)
I do the same thing. I use Eve Lom cleanser at night. I was told to just spritz water on my face in the morning. This has worked for me. I've been using it for ages. I hardly ever break out. But I always get strange looks when I tell people. But I only tell people who ask about my skin care. Just last week, I was at the Chanel counter and the SA complimented me on my skin and asked what I used. I told her Eve Lom and she gave me the strange look too. But the funny thing is Eve Lom just added "Morning Cleanser" to the line which I bought last week. This kind of goes against this routine. But I decided to try it because sometimes I want to use treatment products in the morning and they say to apply them on freshly cleansed skin so I will see how it goes.