MAC Heavenly creature discussion

SweetSarah

I just don't think I could not wash my face in the morning. You sweat in your sleep, and sleeping is usually a time where skin secretes toxins and wastes.

Mac-Guy

I just don't think I could not wash my face in the morning. You sweat in your sleep, and sleeping is usually a time where skin secretes toxins and wastes.

iagree.gif
It's not a good idea not to cleanse your face in the morning. It's a receipe for setting yourself up for free radicals and premature aging.

EmbalmerBabe

Where did you guys see the Swirl your referring to? Sounds lovely swirled MSF's!!! I think I will give Hey Sailor A LOT less love, because this one looks fabulous!

pemily

iagree.gif
It's not a good idea not to cleanse your face in the morning. It's a receipe for setting yourself up for free radicals and premature aging.

do you think I should change what I'm doing?
My doc said because my skin is normal I dont want to overcleanse and dry it out... I'm willing to try something new tho because although my skin is literally perfect, at the age of 25 (literally started on my birthday) I started getting heaps of pimples around my chin,
Whenever I use a different product they go away for 7 days, then come back if not worse!!
my skin is very sensitive!

what do I do?!?!??!@?!@?

romi79_2008

Cleaning your face morning and night it`s not often!!!. You have to wash your face before applying moisturizer and make-up and then clean it throughly before bed, no matter what kind of skin you have, you adjust what type of moisturizer and other skin care you use to your skin needs ( dry,combination, oily)

liba

do you think I should change what I'm doing? My doc said because my skin is normal I dont want to overcleanse and dry it out... I'm willing to try something new tho because although my skin is literally perfect, at the age of 25 (literally started on my birthday) I started getting heaps of pimples around my chin,
Whenever I use a different product they go away for 7 days, then come back if not worse!!

what do I do?!?!??!@?!@?
If your skin is very sensitive, you should still cleanse morning and night but be careful about the type of cleanser you use. I ONLY recommend cream cleansers at night, especially if you're prone to dryness or sensitivity or sudden irritation. Use the purest, most old fashioned stuff - the best I've ever encountered is Clarins Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream. I used it as my exclusive cleanser for 15+ years, day AND night, and have only recently switched to a high tech "active" cleanser during the daytime in the past year, to combat the 'ole aging skin (which you don't have to worry about yet!). I've helped friends who had very irritated skin get it under control just switching to this cleanser day and night. Extra-Comfort Toner goes with it well, especially for sensitive skin. I'm 45 and my skin is great and I know sticking to this for all these years has made a big difference.

Your doc is right about being careful to not overcleanse - a lot of products are way too drying or rough on the skin. Don't use hot water, just lukewarm. Don't use exfoliators every day. Don't rub cleanser or moisturizer onto your skin - warm it up in your palms then pat it on gently. The Clairsonic is great, but don't use it at night - it stimulates the circulation, which you want in the morning, but not at night when skin needs to rest. If you're young, you honestly don't even need to use it daily. At your age, it's better to do less than to do too much, if you know you're already prone to irritation and random sudden breakouts. Be gentle!!

singer82

Thanks everyone for the skin care recs! I have very sensitive skin and am turning 30 this year so I am trying to step up my skincare. I never really had one and figured I should start now. The only thing I've done so far is I have a Clarisonic mia and use it every other day and use the gentle brush. Then I got a sample of Origins mega mushroom creme, we'll see how it turns out. It smells weird and is pretty thick so I only use it at night. VAE will prob be too harsh on me. I'll def have to try that cleaner yout talking about Liba!

I actually have a thread in the skin care forum where I asked about sensitive skin and got some really good recs from some lovely ladies. I'll post it if anyone wants to add to it as well....http://www.specktra.net/t/178612/need-to-start-taking-better-care-of-my-face-help#post_2196365

OT: It might just be lip products for me. I was able to pass on the naturally mes so I hope I can do it with this. I just dont feel like I use my mes that often.

Piarpreet

I think the acne one is really nice. Not harsh but not as sensitive as the sensitive brush but always depends on your skin ...what's ur skin like?

Mac-Guy

It's probably the best for really sensitive skin. It is unfortunate that they named it Acne as it is somehow misleading. It is simply meant for those with very sensitive skin that gets easily irritated.

Edelmc

Quote: Originally Posted by pemily

do you think I should change what I'm doing?
My doc said because my skin is normal I dont want to overcleanse and dry it out... I'm willing to try something new tho because although my skin is literally perfect, at the age of 25 (literally started on my birthday) I started getting heaps of pimples around my chin,

what do I do?!?!??!@?!@?

If your skin is very sensitive, you should still cleanse morning and night but be careful about the type of cleanser you use. I ONLY recommend cream cleansers at night, especially if you're prone to dryness or sensitivity or sudden irritation. Use the purest, most old fashioned stuff - the best I've ever encountered is Clarins Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream. I used it as my exclusive cleanser for 15+ years, day AND night, and have only recently switched to a high tech "active" cleanser during the daytime in the past year, to combat the 'ole aging skin (which you don't have to worry about yet!). I've helped friends who had very irritated skin get it under control just switching to thi s cleanser day and night. Extra-Comfort Toner goes with it well, especially for sensitive skin. I'm 45 and my skin is great and I know sticking to this for all these years has made a big difference.

Your doc is right about being careful to not overcleanse - a lot of products are way too drying or rough on the skin. Don't use hot water, just lukewarm. Don't use exfoliators every day. Don't rub cleanser or moisturizer onto your skin - warm it up in your palms then pat it on gently. The Clairsonic is great, but don't use it at night - it stimulates the circulation, which you want in the morning, but not at night when skin needs to rest. If you're young, you honestly don't even need to use it daily. At your age, it's better to do less than to do too much, if you know you're already prone to irritation and random sudden breakouts. Be gentle!!
I second the comfort cleanser, it's fab! I have ultra sensitive skin and found using a wash off cleanser morning and night irritated my skin more. I now double cleanse at night using clarins pure melt cleanser and then in the morning I use a cream based or wipe off cleanser like the comfort cream cleanser or clarins one step cleanser. It's really made a big difference to the sensitivity off my skin- no more dry flakey patches and the redness on my cheeks has reduced alot. I think it is worth considering tho that what works for one person mightn't suit another. Stick to the products/routine that works for you...

Piarpreet

exactly... all marketing. Its really nice, i do like that one and once a week i do the deep pore one before my face mask :)

It's probably the best for really sensitive skin. It is unfortunate that they named it Acne as it is somehow misleading. It is simply meant for those with very sensitive skin that gets easily irritated.

martiangurll

I love the color descriptions and esp. the names of all the lipsticks, but I am kind of over the Lustre formula. I am thinking to skip, but once the swatches start rolling in, I bet that resolve will cave in.

Venus sounds like my kind of color and love the name.
I love the name Fire Sign, but what exactly is "pink-red"? That covers a pretty broad range of colors in my mind?
huh2.gif

Cusp of Dawn sound gorgeous, but it would need to have some pigmentation. Beige pink could be very promising. With the Lustre formula this could disappear.
I have a Pleasure Seeker already, so an easy skip, it really isn't too flattering on me, too pastey looking. That could be because I got an old one though.
I think I would like Cut a Caper (ever notice the repromoted names don't go at all with the rest of the collection?). Again, if its like Ever Hip, love the color, but not enough color, so disappointing on the lips because it doesn't deliver the promise of the color in the tube.

The CSG sound gorgeous, but not necessarily anything exciting or unique, however,

Strictly Plutonic sound like a nice flesh toned pinky brown, which I don't have as a CSG, and the name is so cute.

Meteoric sounds like last years' Geo Pink, but I bet will be wildly popular and its hard to skip a lovely coral with the splendid formula of CSG.

MSF are always my star products, I just can't lay off of them!

Earthshine (Tarnished bronze with gold pearlized pigments and pink reflects) sounds gorgeous, but will look like dirt on me, unless it is a lighter bronzer or can be sheered out
Light Year (Peachy pink with gold shimmer) sounds like many other MSF that I own, so probably a skip
Star Wonder - Plumy pink with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments, sounds like the most exciting MSF I have heard described in quite a while! I will probably buy this one sight unseen, it sounds epic!
Center of the Universe - Coral with gold shimmer is a maybe, if it isn't too much gold shimmer or glitter bomb of doom.

I think all of the MB are a skip for me, I don't care for melange MB.

I can't really make a call on the MES without swatches, the descriptions don't help on those. I was hoping for something like the smoky jewel hues of last year in the deep green, deep blue or deep burgundy, but these sound boring from the description. Maybe I am just burned out from the Naturally ones, these sound like more of the same, similar colors

286 and 188 brushes--come to mama

trayceeee

My List So Far =)
Fire Sign L/S
Cut a Caper L/S (if matches my skin tone)

Strictly Plutonic cremesheen glass

MSF: Earthshine, Star wonder, center of the universe

MB: ring of saturn, supernova, solar ray

VAE

I don't like MES so those will be a pass! I am not going to miss out on any MSF's or MB's. Hope they're not all shimmer bombs!

pemily

i have been wearing cloudy afternoon a bit lately (from naturally I think), I picked it up on a whim because I went with a friend and in AUS all the girls were told they needed to wear cloudy afternoon with folie in the crease so I went back to pick it up a week later...... it is amazing...... So long story short, I started pulling all my MES out and damn they are amazing.....
I wish I could get all the naturally ones now... kicking myself.... wont be making the same mistake this time round.
Ill get all except the light blue/greens :)

gracie90

i have been wearing cloudy afternoon a bit lately (from naturally I think), I picked it up on a whim because I went with a friend and in AUS all the girls were told they needed to wear cloudy afternoon with folie in the crease so I went back to pick it up a week later...... it is amazing...... So long story short, I started pulling all my MES out and damn they are amazing.....
I wish I could get all the naturally ones now... kicking myself.... wont be making the same mistake this time round.

Did you get Daylight? That one is still my favourite!

pemily

Did you get Daylight? That one is still my favourite!
Nope only got cloudy afternoon :-( If anyone wants to sell any others pm me please :)

MACerette

ROFL
rofl.gif

I was ALREADY in financial trouble at the mere prospect of a mineraize collection for this summer....and NOW we find out its in tres parts?

Its quite appropriate that this collection is called Heavenly Creature, because we are ALL gonna need Jesus's help after we see what this collection does to our bank accounts.