MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

MRV

Quote:
He looks kind of like those troll dolls that were popular for a while. You can put googly eyes on him and keep him as ur MAC Mascot
bigstar.gif

Haha! They have been around for a while. I remember them from the '70s. We bought one as a gift for my cousin but I did not want to let it go...

sandymac

Xasperadastra, Would you mind translating this part about Riveria Life? TIA. Quote: Dupes: io lo ho paragonato al lipglass Caqui che è più sheer, non ha brillantini ed è leggermente più rosso; Wonder Woman ha una brillantezza e shimmer simile, ma è un roso, non sono comparabili. La mia compare Ale Dotted Around mi ha detto che somglia a Sonoran Rain (un lipglass uscito con una limited edition esclusiva USA, la Blogger's Obsession di cui vi ho parlato QUI), ma credo sia anch'esso un po' più rosso!
From Google Translation:
Dupes: I've compared the Caqui lipglass that is sheer, has rhinestones and is slightly redder, Wonder Woman has a shine and shimmer like, but it is eaten, are not comparable. My Ale appears Dotted Around told me that somglia Sonoran Rain (a lipglass came out with a limited edition exclusive USA, the Blogger's Obsession I mentioned it here), but I think it's also a bit 'more red!

Mac-Guy

From Google Translation:
Dupes: I've compared the Caqui lipglass that is sheer, has rhinestones and is slightly redder, Wonder Woman has a shine and shimmer like, but it is eaten, are not comparable. My Ale appears Dotted Around told me that somglia Sonoran Rain (a lipglass came out with a limited edition exclusive USA, the Blogger's Obsession I mentioned it here), but I think it's also a bit 'more red!
ROFL at the Google tranlsation.

nikou

yesterday I received feeling fresh e/s in the post
..and its not pigmented?
I had to swirl my eyeshadow brush all over it to pick up something.

When I was in the daylight I could see it looks different.
when I used my finger, only like a slight tint of green shows up on my finger tip.

I have had this problem before with an eyeshadow from urban decay another mac eyeshadow and my belightful beauty powder :(

I hear everyone saying the eyeshadow is great so whats up with it!

I feel like I need to return it
anyone had any thing like this before?

Pinkdollface

Also, didn't you say that you bought Crew and have been wearing it as a blush? What is the primary color that shows up on you? If you are using it as a highlighter do you like it? And again what color is showing up? Is there a lot of shimmer in it? TIA.
I'm NC15 and i like Sun Dipped the best indeed. You're right about it having a red base and looking more natural. I really recommend it!
I think Crew can work as a highlight, but i like it better for a blush. The colour that shows up depends on where i put my brush. The colour of the stripes get a bit lighter because of the white and it has a lovely sheen. You can compare the sheen to the pearlmatte powders. If you want it to be pink try to get most of the pink on your brush, if you want peach get the peach stripes and same with the lilac. You can also mix them of course. So many possibilities i love it!

Pinkdollface

Mine has great pigmentation. The first time you swatched it, did you use a clean brush or fingers?
..and its not pigmented?

when I used my finger, only like a slight tint of green shows up on my finger tip.

I have had this problem before with an eyeshadow from urban decay another mac eyeshadow and my belightful beauty powder :(

Mac-Guy

..and its not pigmented?

There's the issue. Never ever use fingers to swatch (or a dirty brush). FF is very well pigmented. I recommend that you take a metal brush to scrape off the top layer and you are good to go.

nikou

There's the issue. Never ever use fingers to swatch (or a dirty brush). FF is very well pigmented. I recommend that you take a metal brush to scrape off the top layer and you are good to go.
Thanks mac-guy :)

I don't have a metal brush so I used a tweezer. Its definitley more pigmented now but doesnt swatch that well.
Thank you again!

Mac-Guy

Thanks mac-guy :)

I don't have a metal brush so I used a tweezer. Its definitley more pigmented now but doesnt swatch that well.
Thank you again!
An inexpensive brush with metal bristles is a pointe shoe ruffer, which is great to revive cosmetic products that suffer from a build-up: http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_BR1.html

PixieDancer

Bye bye Crew! It's gone now too.
crybaby.gif
What is going onnnnnnn??? I don't think I can ever remember a time when MAC started loading products on the site for release and then removed them? Can you? I've seen the infamous "coming soon" for ages, but never this in my recollection. It's like they realized they were putting them on early and retracted. VERY odd. Mac-Guy... DO SOMETHING!

Mac-Guy

What is going onnnnnnn???  I don't think I can ever remember a time when MAC started loading products on the site for release and then removed them?  Can you?  I've seen the infamous "coming soon" for ages, but never this in my recollection.  It's like they realized they were putting them on early and retracted.  VERY odd.  Mac-Guy... DO SOMETHING!
MAC always finds new ways to make the launch "interesting."