MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

Shellcat

Very good advice...and well said Bee!!!
thmbup.gif

Here are my opinions on some of the items I purchased from HS:

Crew is not all I expected it to be. Not the best HL or blush(or whatever it is supposed to be) for me.

FF has great pigmentation on my NC35 skin. Great color.

Jaunty is very nice, I DO like that one!

Barefoot is super CLOSE to UD Honey.

TCAS was too frosty and light for me. I can wear it under a lipglass though, no biggie. I just don't like the straight up color from the tube on MY lips.
wtff.gif

I also purchased Feeling Fresh AND PL Fresh Flare. Too close in my opinion to have both.

Handforged and Emerald Sea are lovely.

AND BTW... great list! I LOVE Blessedly Rich and Riviera Life lipglasses!!!
heart.gif

This collection is over-hyped. Though I don't agree with T when it comes to makeup application and tips, I RESPECT her because she's not going to sugar coat or be a hype machine just because the products were sent for free. She keeps it real on her thoughts and you can't help but respect someone like that. The majority of the products are dupable. This collection is more expensive because of the limited edition packaging. My advice to you all is to use common sense, go with your gut instincts and don't fall into the hype. For instance, If you have a lot of red lipsticks, skip Red Racer! The Pro Longwear eyeshadows are better than the regular line so skip Feeling Fresh and go with Fresh Flare. You get double the product and better pigmentation. It's okay to ask for recommendations but I would never listen to anyone when I haven't seen their work. Anyone can swatch products on their hand. I'm the type of gal who wants to see you put the product into action in a look. But that's just ME. Only YOU know what you like. Don't let anyone on here make you feel obligated to buy everything.

And NO ONE on here knows EVERYTHING about makeup because if they did, they'd be somewhere teaching a class or working behind the scenes for high end fashion shows... NOT sitting on Specktra and trying to act like they're the Queen OR King of makeup. ;-)

We are all growing just like the next. No one is better than the other. I just thought I'd say this after observing some foolery on the board. ^___^

Anywho, I'm getting:

Blessedly Rich
Orange Tempera
Riviera Life
Sail La Vie

and calling it a day ! <3

Happy Hauling lovebugs.

-BEE

BEEaboutmakeup

Very good advice...and well said Bee!!!
thmbup.gif

Here are my opinions on some of the items I purchased from HS:

Crew is not all I expected it to be. Not the best HL or blush(or whatever it is supposed to be) for me.

FF has great pigmentation on my NC35 skin. Great color.

Jaunty is very nice, I DO like that one!

Barefoot is super CLOSE to UD Honey.

TCAS was too frosty and light for me. I can wear it under a lipglass though, no biggie. I just don't like the straight up color from the tube on MY lips.
wtff.gif

I also purchased Feeling Fresh AND PL Fresh Flare. Too close in my opinion to have both.

Handforged and Emerald Sea are lovely.

AND BTW... great list! I LOVE Blessedly Rich and Riviera Life lipglasses!!!
heart.gif
^___^ Shell, I heart you. lol

Richelle83

Did anyone get Blessedly Rich l/g? I love Allura's swatch but I'd like hear if anyone here got it and likes it. Richelle - I think you did. Swatches and or thoughts please?
Honestly it's a skip. Here's a swatch with NYX Sponge Cake and BR on the right. BR is more opaque and a bit more coralish but on the lips I don't notice that much of a difference.

Shellcat

Ooooooh!!!!! Nice! Thanks for the dupe of BR! I really like that color!!!!

BTW....Ulta has their NYX buy one get one half off right now!

Thanks Richelle!!!!

Honestly it's a skip. Here's a swatch with NYX Sponge Cake and BR on the right. BR is more opaque and a bit more coralish but on the lips I don't notice that much of a difference.

honybr

Thanks Richelle (it wouldn't let me give you a thumbs up)!

Shellcat did you say sale? Thank you both ladies I shall be going to check out sponge cake!

Shellcat

Yes indeed! ULTA!

Alright, time for me to get off here and stick my nose in Fifty Shades of Grey for a while...
heat.gif

Thanks Richelle (it wouldn't let me give you a thumbs up)!

Shellcat did you say sale? Thank you both ladies I shall be going to check out sponge cake!

Richelle83

Ooooooh!!!!! Nice! Thanks for the dupe of BR! I really like that color!!!!

BTW....Ulta has their NYX buy one get one half off right now!

Thanks Richelle!!!!
Nice!! I'm in need of some more!

I put Sponge Cake on the left half and BR on the right side of my lips, and man BR is soooo tacky-kinda hate it lol.

aradhana

This collection is over-hyped. Though I don't agree with T when it comes to makeup application and tips, I RESPECT her because she's not going to sugar coat or be a hype machine just because the products were sent for free. She keeps it real on her thoughts and you can't help but respect someone like that. The majority of the products are dupable. This collection is more expensive because of the limited edition packaging. My advice to you all is to use common sense, go with your gut instincts and don't fall into the hype. For instance, If you have a lot of red lipsticks, skip Red Racer! The Pro Longwear eyeshadows are better than the regular line so skip Feeling Fresh and go with Fresh Flare. You get double the product and better pigmentation. It's okay to ask for recommendations but I would never listen to anyone when I haven't seen their work. Anyone can swatch products on their hand. I'm the type of gal who wants to see you put the product into action in a look. But that's just ME. Only YOU know what you like. Don't let anyone on here make you feel obligated to buy everything.

-BEE
great advice bee!
i totally respect christine for being honest and true to her opinions. i don't always agree with her opinions of course, and i guess people reading her reviews should realize that she has a particular slant or preference, just like anyone else would...her swatches and products photos are very high quality (in my opinion anyway), but i tend to take her written reviews with a grain of salt...especially when it comes to products that are sheer finishes....

Richelle83

My only gripe with T is that I wish she would post in order of sell out risk ie lipsticks, lipglasses, eyeshadows, blushes then everything else lol.

kimbunney

Did you post swatches of your whole haul? If you didn't and like too I would love it!
eyelove.gif

Spanky

Does anyone know how Barefoot looks compared to Honeylust? I know Honeylust has a lot of fall out, but super curious if anyone has compared the 2. Thanks all for thoughts & swatches & ideas on the products!

BEEaboutmakeup

great advice bee!
i totally respect christine for being honest and true to her opinions. i don't always agree with her opinions of course, and i guess people reading her reviews should realize that she has a particular slant or preference, just like anyone else would...her swatches and products photos are very high quality (in my opinion anyway), but i tend to take her written reviews with a grain of salt...especially when it comes to products that are sheer finishes....
EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY!

FadBurger

great advice bee!
Oh man, this, totally this! She HATED the YSL Sheer Candy balms and said they were ALL so sheer that you are just well off getting Vaseline (though I think the only one she reviewed is the practically clear one) and that put me off of them for the longest time until I got one and the pigmentation and lasting power is great. Now I have like 3 of them and I love the heck out of them! Even the lightest color I have (Guava) shows up great on my rather pigmented, mauvey lips.

BEEaboutmakeup

My only gripe with T is that I wish she would post in order of sell out risk ie lipsticks, lipglasses, eyeshadows, blushes then everything else lol.
Totally agree, I would have knocked out the lipsticks, eyeshadows, and glosses first. Then proceed to boring things I KNOW wouldn't sell out like those lip tints, powders, etc. lol

Richelle83

Did you post swatches of your whole haul? If you didn't and like too I would love it!
eyelove.gif
Decided to do swatches and comps. Now since the inside of my arm is lighter you can see the difference more so with NYX and BR, but I swear on my lips it's hardly different.
Runaway Red, Red Racer, NYX Sponge Cake, Blessedly Rich, Riviera Life, Sail La Vie, Scarlet Ibis

Flash

without

kimbunney

Thanks!!! The more I see Red Racer the more I know I'm going to buy it.
Decided to do swatches and comps. Now since the inside of my arm is lighter you can see the difference more so with NYX and BR, but I swear on my lips it's hardly different.
Runaway Red, Red Racer, NYX Sponge Cake, Blessedly Rich, Riviera Life, Sail La Vie, Scarlet Ibis

Flash

without

Latest posts