MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

Audrey C

I haven't been here long, so if there was any drama I missed it!

I'm happy with the three items I have (the cute packaging is a bonus) and don't plan to do another order. I will take a look at Soft Sand when it hits stores but unless I love it and feel that it's quite different than what I have, I won't be buying. I enjoy watching the energy build around collections (I lurked here for a long time before joining) and really appreciate all of the members and bloggers out there who provide swatches.The first beauty site I found was Temptalia, and I still really value Christine's reviews and photos. Her colouring is similar to mine (she's darker right now) and I can kind of tell how things might look on me based on how they look on her. I do better judging a product by seeing how it appears on a full face rather than on someone's arm (although that helps with comparison) or even lips. I wear my makeup differently than Christine does, and I don't always agree with her take on a product, but that's ok. I do my own thinking and I like that she doesn't automatically gush over everything MAC produces. I can't imagine the time and effort it takes to do what she does, and I'm glad she does it.

Most of my stash is permanent, but I enjoy looking at the new collections and normally will pick an item or two up. Occasionally I get more and sometimes I skip it, but I would certainly never feel compelled to buy more than I want (to have or spend) because of opinions posted here or on other sites.

This is a great site and I'm having fun here. Thank you all for making me feel welcome. Now, off to play with my new goodies!
th_sign_woot.gif

MACerette

I haven't been here long, so if there was any drama I missed it!

I'm happy with the three items I have (the cute packaging is a bonus) and don't plan to do another order. I will take a look at Soft Sand when it hits stores but unless I love it and feel that it's quite different than what I have, I won't be buying. I enjoy watching the energy build around collections (I lurked here for a long time before joining) and really appreciate all of the members and bloggers out there who provide swatches.The first beauty site I found was Temptalia, and I still really value Christine's reviews and photos. Her colouring is similar to mine (she's darker right now) and I can kind of tell how things might look on me based on how they look her on. I do better judging a product by seeing how it appears on a full face rather than on someone's arm (although that helps with comparison) or even lips. I wear my makeup differently than Christine does, and I don't always agree with her take on a product, but that's ok. I do my own thinking and I like that she doesn't automatically gush over everything MAC produces. I can't imagine the time and effort it takes to do what she does, and I'm glad she does it.

Most of my stash is permanent, but I enjoy looking at the new collections and normally will pick an item or two up. Occasionally I get more and sometimes I skip it, but I would certainly never feel compelled to buy more than I want (to have or spend) because of opinions posted here or on other sites.

This is a great site and I'm having fun here. Thank you all for making me feel welcome. Now, off to play with my new goodies!
th_sign_woot.gif
Have fun!
th_thstars.gif

Lipstickdiva420

I actually really love everything I got from this collection! :eyelove: I also feel a collection can never be overhyped! makeup is just exciting to me, especially with cute packaging. Also, when it comes to lipstick I'm sorry but I'm a MAC snob. I'm a nurse & work for 12 hours with hardly enough time to eat. So I definitely don't have time to constantly keep reapplying my lipstick which is the case with a lot of lipsticks *cough* NYX which only last like an hour on me & taste weird. so it's just a given I'm gonna get every lippie from each collection. I'm crazy like that. :D also, I feel like I'm the only one that likes Salute! i like the feel & it actually looks really pretty on me, can't remember what liner I paired it with, & I'm a darker skin tone. idk what I am in MAC, but I'm New Orleans in NARS.
I agree with the nyx products. I brought lip gloss from nyx and it only lasts an HOUR it's so annoying having to reapply reapply. Which is why I will not mess with nyx lipstick. The only nyx products I reall like is the lip pencils and the glide on pencils. I like salute! And can be workable with lip liner or gloss.

OhSoJaded

I'm going to call Nordies and have NoB switched to Sun Dipped because NoB looks extremely yellow on T so it would probably turn orange on me. Since the color of Sun Dipped is deeper it should still look natural. Also in the swatch of NoB I see shimmer and in Sun Dipped I see sheen, I prefer sheen.
I'm thinking the same thing. When I first placed my pre-sale order, I was leaning towards SD based on the feedback I read here, but they only had testers for NoB. I've been wishy washy over it since then.

I might add a lippie or two, but I'm fairly certain that my haul will remain small. I really don't NEED anything else and I should be saving money for my trip next month. I'm just a sucker for LE packaging and wanted to pick up a few items so I wouldn't feel skipper's regret. The only other item I wanted was Crew but I just don't think I'll like it on my warm NC25/30 skin. But the stripes are so pretty.....

BEEaboutmakeup

I got a lot of stuff from this collection, and even though some items may be dupable, I am still very happy with all that I got. No regrets, just
love.gif

I do think it's good that BEE spoke her mind and I agree with some of the things she said.
Thanks. =) I said what NUMEROUS people were thinking and I'm not going to take it back. Sometimes when something is said you should just take it and MOVE ON LOL. I enjoy Specktra a lot. I've learned some neat little tricks and tips throughout the few months I've been on here. I've also connected with some AMAZING people. But I've also noticed other things that didn't sit well with me. People with common sense and great observations skills know what I'm talking about.

What did ya'll get from the collection??

lyseD

My for sures are -- Jaunty, Emerald Sea, Handforged

My maybes are -- Barefoot, To Catch a Sailor and Fleet Fast (I need to try these three on)

Barefoot looked so yellow when I swatched it on my hand (NW20) I just am not sure if it would work, although Amber Lights and Coppering shadows really make my eyes look bluer.

luvlydee

You might try phoninh them just to check, but I didn't get a shipping confirm although my stuff had already been dispatched...I got the confirm only after phoning them.
ok im so upset right now because I just called customer service to see whats going on with my order since i ordered on Wed and still havent received a shipping notice and he tells me that since my order was over 100 dollars I needed to call in to confirm that it was really me who ordered for safety reasons. Like first of all this hasnt happened before and second, if that was the case why didnt they call me to ask because if i hadnt call i would have never received my stuff!!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Thanks to aradhana for telling me to call! Ugh im so upsettt I want to play with my goodiessss

Piarpreet

I agree.
yes.gif
Will have to disagree on her review of Soft Sand, though. I think it's a nice product - I can see what she means by the texture being stiff, but I don't find it problematic or hard to work with. I like it a lot and would actually get a backup, if I could afford it. Which I can't right now, LOL.

You look really beautiful in your new pic!
thanx
:) and i agree.....to disagree with her lol

Piarpreet

I hardly order less than 100 even 150 ... their excuse makes no sense
ok im so upset right now because I just called customer service to see whats going on with my order since i ordered on Wed and still havent received a shipping notice and he tells me that since my order was over 100 dollars I needed to call in to confirm that it was really me who ordered for safety reasons. Like first of all this hasnt happened before and second, if that was the case why didnt they call me to ask because if i hadnt call i would have never received my stuff!!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

Thanks to aradhana for telling me to call! Ugh im so upsettt I want to play with my goodiessss

honey on boost

Au Rose is gorgeous! So glad I got it.
I got my two-day shipping order tonight woop! It consisted of the blushes and the bag set.

The bag set is going to my mom because she looooves red, white and blue! She always has her makeup stashed in a big ziploc bag, until now hehee She'll be stylin'
heart.gif

I've only tried Launch Away so far, it's really light in the pan, but looks beautiful on my cheeks. I think it's going to be a great summery shade for me. Fleet Fast I will test out over the weekend and update my thoughts on later :) but the initial arm swatch looked very pleasing. The formula for these blushes are definitely in the same park as Tres Cheek. So soft and buildable!

The rest of my stuff will arrive on Wednesday. I'm soooo stoked to get my Red Racer!

I'm going to skip out looking for Sail La Vie since I'm not 100% convinced it will work for me and I'm going to call it "a day" to take a breather before Heavenly Creature. I am very eager to try Blessedly Rich with Scarlet Ibis, though! As inspired by Pixie's SLV + BR combo :)

Oh also: No tattoos for me :( weren't they supposed to be included with HS orders? This same thing happened to me with Shop/Cook. I only got stickers when I placed an order for Iris lippies during a restock that happened toward the middle or tail end of Shop/Cook's running

aradhana

ok im so upset right now because I just called customer service to see whats going on with my order since i ordered on Wed and still havent received a shipping notice and he tells me that since my order was over 100 dollars I needed to call in to confirm that it was really me who ordered for safety reasons.  Like first of all this hasnt happened before and second, if that was the case why didnt they call me to ask because if i hadnt call i would have never received my stuff!! :fuse: Thanks to aradhana for telling me to call! Ugh im so upsettt I want to play with my goodiessss
That's mad! I hope they are still sending your stuff! Maybe you can write a letter to complain in any case...I find the customer service can be pretty hit and miss...they're generally good with replacing wrong items etc...but not so good with notifying customers.

Richelle83

I still don't understand what all the drama was about. Anywho, I just bought Send Me Sailing. This will probably complete my Hey, Sailor collection unless swatches or eventually I see something at a CCO lol.

Lipstickdiva420

[COLOR=EE82EE]^______^[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]OMG thank you for this!  I'm usually the one pulling off the shades that scare people.  None of the lipsticks from this collection tickle my fancy besides Salute & Sail La Vie .... and sometimes I feel like I've seen Sail La Vie before... I do have a lot of orange lipsticks though... I definitely want to give Salute a try.[/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]Thanks. =) I said what NUMEROUS people were thinking and I'm not going to take it back.  Sometimes when something is said you should just take it and MOVE ON LOL.  I enjoy Specktra a lot.  I've learned some neat little tricks and tips throughout the few months I've been on here.  I've also connected with some AMAZING people.  But I've also noticed other things that didn't sit well with me.  People with common sense and great observations skills know what I'm talking about. [/COLOR] [COLOR=EE82EE]What did ya'll get from the collection??[/COLOR]
No problem lol,Yeah I got scared to try it cause everyone else got scared so I tried it anyway cause I already brought it and the lipstick is nothing to be afraid of lol. Sail La vie is nice, but your right we've seen it before.

Icecaramellatte

Wow! My order shipped already! I checked tracking and it has already left the Jamaica, NY facility. It would be so crazy if I got it today (I ordered last night). I did overnight shipping but I didn't think it would even ship until Monday. Anyway, I should definitely get it Monday. Yay! Love shipping codes.

BEEaboutmakeup

I still don't understand what all the drama was about. Anywho, I just bought Send Me Sailing. This will probably complete my Hey, Sailor collection unless swatches or eventually I see something at a CCO lol.
There was NO drama. Like I said, only people with common sense and great observation skills know what and who I was talking about. I SIMPLY stated what NUMEROUS people were thinking. I received messages and emails thanking me for standing up and saying something about it. I've only been on here for almost 3 months and noticed A LOT. We are on here to share our love for makeup and share tips and tricks. Not act like we are above others or act like we're the elite members of Specktra. Geez! I said what I said and I'm not taking it back because it needed to be said. Let it go and let's proceed to discuss what we're all here for... MAKEUP.

BEEaboutmakeup

No problem lol,Yeah I got scared to try it cause everyone else got scared so I tried it anyway cause I already brought it and the lipstick is nothing to be afraid of lol. Sail La vie is nice, but your right we've seen it before.
Exactly ! But I DO think that Sail La Vie and Red Racer will be must-haves for our fair to medium beauties. Red Racer looks amazing on fair gals. I'm getting Salute! If I can make magic with Reel Sexy, I think I can also do it with Salute. I'm excited about the challenge. lol

Pinkdollface

Exactly ! But I DO think that Sail La Vie and Red Racer will be must-haves for our fair to medium beauties. Red Racer looks amazing on fair gals. I'm getting Salute! If I can make magic with Reel Sexy, I think I can also do it with Salute. I'm excited about the challenge. lol
Post pictures please when you get Salute:) You got me into Spice l/s and i have been thinking about Salute as well. I'm glad to hear some people are liking Salute. I tried it in store as well and it didn't look bad, but the lightning is different in store so i'm not sure if i will just like it or love it.