MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

singer82

Sweet! Thats so good to hear. You have saved me 15 bucks. Only prob is I'm loving Barefoot e/s. It just looks dupable so I'm unsure. I'm going to stick with my guns and keep it at my 3 items
Aw thank you =) and yes after doing more research and finding out some things, you'll definitely love Fresh Flare over Feeling Fresh... the pigmentation, blendability, and smoothness of the pro longwear eyeshadows are 1,000,000x better than MACs regular e/s line anyway.. wish they'd make more of the PL shadows. =/ <3

MRV

mac_haul.gif
I got my stuff today:

To Catch a Sailor, Red Racer, Sail La Vie LS
Blessedly Rich, Riviera Life, Send Me Sailing LG
Shore Leave PL LL
Barefoot, Jaunty, Feeling Fresh, Nautical ES
Launch Away!, Fleet Fast PB
Handforged, Emerald Sea EL

I hauled too much, I know (But it was my post BD gift). BR l/g is nothing like "pale coral". It is a metallic rose copperish colour. I decided to get the matching l/s too, it was not originally on my list. I was wondering whether or not to get Nautical e/s, but I did get it in the end because I usually need to use some darker colour to make a look work, and I have like 50 teal(ish) e/s and 2 blue ones. Now I'm only thinking about the blue liner and the nude l/l perhaps, but I'm not buying any more this month. The brush is lovely, sooo soft. But it has to wait too, costs way too much here.

I have not tried on anything yet, but I'm wearing the PL bronzers to test them out. As I said before, I'm no bronzer expert. The red toned one seemed better at first sight, and the yellow one kind of dirty. However, the MUA put a lot more the yellow one, so no wonder. Now, a couple of hours later, I do like the yellow one's sheen. Usually yellow/orange toned face products look very natural on me (NC20ish with some freckles). Anyways, I do not know if I really need this kind of product (I do have Golden). I might get a better face with So Ceylon and other MSFs and Glorify of course.

gracie90

Handforged, Emerald Sea EL
I hauled too much, I know (But it was my post BD gift). BR l/g is nothing like "pale coral". It is a metallic rose copperish colour. I decided to get the matching l/s too, it was not originally on my list. I was wondering whether or not to get Nautical e/s, but I did get it in the end because I usually need to use some darker colour to make a look work, and I have like 50 teal(ish) e/s and 2 blue ones. Now I'm only thinking about the blue liner and the nude l/l perhaps, but I'm not buying any more this month. The brush is lovely, sooo soft. But it has to wait too, costs way too much here.

I have not tried on anything yet, but I'm wearing the PL bronzers to test them out. As I said before, I'm no bronzer expert. The red toned one seemed better at first sight, and the yellow one kind of dirty. However, the MUA put a lot more the yellow one, so no wonder. Now, a couple of hours later, I do like the yellow one's sheen. Usually yellow/orange toned face products look very natural on me (NC20ish with some freckles). Anyways, I do not know if I really need this kind of product (I do have Golden). I might get a better face with So Ceylon and other MSFs and Glorify of course.
Awesome haul!!! Glad to hear you liked the brush
love.gif

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV Yes, I think with the brush the bronzers might actually work :). I'm going to check out the brush again on my way home.

I'm so pale that I'm kind of terrified of bronzers, but I may try some tomorrow!

duku

Finger swatches of Launch Away! and Crew: http://beautyicon.pl/haul-zakupy-mac-hey-sailor-reel-sexy-supreme Some other swatches here: http://anna-fanfreluches.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/mac-hey-sailor-i-reel-sexy-swatches.html

gracie90

[FONT=&quot]Hi Grace![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your patience earlier on Live Chat.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have since discovered that we will not be receiving the Makeup Bag Set or the ‘Gone Sailing Tote’ in the UK.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is unfortunate as they look fantastic![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I hope this helps, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Liz[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]M·A·C Online Make-up Artist[/FONT][FONT=&quot] UK[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
cry.gif
[/FONT]

BEEaboutmakeup

Sweet! Thats so good to hear. You have saved me 15 bucks. Only prob is I'm loving Barefoot e/s. It just looks dupable so I'm unsure. I'm going to stick with my guns and keep it at my 3 items
LOL I have 3 on my list as well:

Riviera Life
Orange Tempera
Emerald Sea

What's on your list?

MACina

What a great haul MRV!

Enjoy all your new goodies!

What do you think about the texture of the PL bronzers?Do you think that they work on try skin too?

rockin

Can anyone tell me if the stripes on the highlighter are overspray or not? Thanks.
This blog confirms they are overspray (I've given you the link to the translated page) http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnataschasmacpassion.blogspot.co.uk%2F2012%2F04%2Fmac-hey-sailor-crew-high-light-powder.html

Latest posts