MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

BuickMackane

Christine of Temptalia says, on http://www.temptalia.com/mac-lavish-rose-lip-gloss-set-review-photos-swatches :
"Each Dazzleglass contains 0.09 oz., while each Dazzleglass Creme/Cremesheen Glass contains 0.07 oz. Of all MAC’s holiday products, their lipgloss sets are one of the best in terms of value. The Dazzleglasses in the kits are larger (in quantity) than the full-sized versions. In this set, there is $29.25 worth of Dazzleglass, $34.13 worth of Cremesheen Glass, and $15.17 worth of Dazzleglass Creme, which is a total of $78.55 in lipgloss."

That's why i caved and go it - i doubt i'll ever use the two lighter milkier colors, but i figure that for $32.50 i got $29.25 worth of Boys Go Crazy, which is not available elsewhere, and i only paid $3.25 extra for 3 glosses, one of which i might wear plus the cute box.

However, i'm in the US, so the set may not be such a value on other continents.
Here in the Netherlands the l/g sets are EUR33. Dazzleglasses and CSGs are EUR20 and EUR21, respectively. I'm guessing Dazzleglass cremes are something along these lines. So the sets are a very good deal here too. And I love the packaging!
heart.gif

What's your take on the crushed piggie sets? Did you get any of those?

erine1881

I got myself the Lavish Rose set especially for Boys Go Crazy, which i can wear with any of the enormous number of violet, plum, and purple lipsticks i have (and there's always room for more). I wasn't sure what i'd wear Color Saturation with - but now that i have Strong Woman, i'll try it with SW and other berry, plum, and purple lipsticks i have. I haven't been as fastidious as you about lipgloss wands, but i think i'll go looking for some "disposable" ones, since they can be used multiple times if cleaned after each color.
Please tell me they are for your own use!? Besides, the applicator will start to fall apart.
Christine of Temptalia says, on http://www.temptalia.com/mac-lavish-rose-lip-gloss-set-review-photos-swatches : "Each Dazzleglass contains 0.09 oz., while each Dazzleglass Creme/Cremesheen Glass contains 0.07 oz. Of all MAC’s holiday products, their lipgloss sets are one of the best in terms of value. The Dazzleglasses in the kits are larger (in quantity) than the full-sized versions. In this set, there is $29.25 worth of Dazzleglass, $34.13 worth of Cremesheen Glass, and $15.17 worth of Dazzleglass Creme, which is a total of $78.55 in lipgloss." That's why i caved and go it - i doubt i'll ever use the two lighter milkier colors, but i figure that for $32.50 i got $29.25 worth of Boys Go Crazy, which is not available elsewhere, and i only paid $3.25 extra for 3 glosses, one of which i might wear plus the cute box. However, i'm in the US, so the set may not be such a value on other continents.
Everything is filled by weight, not volume. Keep that in mind. Different ingredients in different colours/formulas weigh different amounts.

Icecaramellatte

Don't resist!!!
I use Small Vanity at least 4 or 5 times a week, and I am a blush h00r, I am almost constantly switching around. Such a great color and I love layering with other products too. It is the perfect natural flush for me.
I have to chime in on Small Vanity. It is really amazing! And to think I almost didn't get it. It didn't really look all that exciting in person when I first saw it so I passed but later the hype got to me and I ended up hunting it down. I've been using it almost every day for the last couple of weeks. It seems to go with almost everything. It is turning out to be the workhorse of my blush collection. It should really be permanent.

In other news, I ended up getting the 3 brush sets. I wanted them all for myself but I thought maybe my mother would like one. So I put them all in the gift bag Mac gave out but told her she could only pick one. She wanted the beige one to match the hanging cosmetic bag I got her but she didn't want the brushes since she got the mineralize brushes from the set that came out this summer. She asked if she could have the pink brushes with the beige bag and I said yes. She really liked the hanging bag but said she wanted to put her jewelry in it when she traveled. Oh and she really like the gift bag too.

MACina

I seem to be the only one who does not really like Small Vanity....it looks somehow odd on me
ssad.gif

But maybe it is my skin tone that makes it looking odd because I like it on others
th_dunno.gif

It is the same "problem" as with Glamourdaze lippie....

MacAddictNurse

I seem to be the only one who does not really like Small Vanity....it looks somehow odd on me :( But maybe it is my skin tone that makes it looking odd because I like it on others :dunno: It is the same "problem" as with Glamourdaze lippie....
I know the feeling some colors just don't work on every one. I love pink lippies but CYY looked horrible on me yuck! And dark vampy lippies make me look crazy. I got lucky with glamourdaze and small vanity I wear them at least 4 times a week I actually used about 3/4 of it I'm glad I got 2 BUs might need to limit my use

Anneri

It is really a VERY reasonable price.I think that the gloss sets might be the best deal out of the sets.
They are very attractive for me since they include Dazzles and Cremesheens because these are my favorite glosses
eyelove.gif
+ the good amount of product.
I am glad that MAC does no longer release the sets with the mini (really mini) lipglosses.I got some from Red She Said but never really liked them.
Last year I hauled the pink and the coral set.This year I did only get the Lavish Rose set because I wanted to have more BUs of
BGC,CS and GC.Demure is very pretty too
heart.gif
Gawd, yessssss! I think mine are from RSS too. I really don't know why I got them and am on a mission to use them up atm - I#ve been wearing them around the house a lot.

I'm still sad that I didn't get the coral set from this year, but when it released funds were quite tight, so I had to skip. If anyone sees them at their CCO, would you think of me?
winkiss.gif

BuickMackane

I seem to be the only one who does not really like Small Vanity....it looks somehow odd on me
ssad.gif

But maybe it is my skin tone that makes it looking odd because I like it on others
th_dunno.gif

It is the same "problem" as with Glamourdaze lippie....
Small Vanity was instant love for me but I had a similar experience with GD the first time I wore it. It just didn't feel right, for no apparent reason at all. Then I paired it with Just Wonderful liner and it was fireworks!
heart.gif

Perhaps you could try a few different liners with it and see which ones work better?

MACina

Thank you!

I tried several liners but I just cannot love it on me
nope.gif

Have not tried Just Wonderful yet, though.And will give GD another chance with this liner!

Small Vanity was instant love for me but I had a similar experience with GD the first time I wore it. It just didn't feel right, for no apparent reason at all. Then I paired it with Just Wonderful liner and it was fireworks!
heart.gif

Perhaps you could try a few different liners with it and see which ones work better?

martiangurll

I went back to check out the gift sets when I did my Apres Chic order and was surprised to see all the kits were sold out--even the brushes.
crybaby.gif
Guess I missed the boat there.

lilinah

Everything is filled by weight, not volume. Keep that in mind. Different ingredients in different colours/formulas weigh different amounts.
The thing about Boys Go Crazy - i double checked myself - is that there is MORE in the tube in the TT set than in a normal Dazzle Glass, at least by volume. So the price per ml or oz of all the lip glosses is better buying the set. Even if i never use the two really pale opaque ones, i still pretty much got my money's worth on BGC and the plummy one.

I confess my two little boxes -- one of glosses, one of pigments -- are still sitting untouched - they're all just too pretty to get into. But i know i won't be able to resist using them soon.

erine1881

Just for me. I'm not a MUA. I never test lip glosses on my lips in sephora (just on the inside of my forearm) because i see so many tweens and teens swabbing their every orifice with the testers. Moist testers especially pick up and incubate so many bacteria and viruses, and then the next person puts them on their lips or eyes... (shudder) I do test lip glosses on my lips when they first arrive in the back room of my local MAC, because I'm often the first person to test them, or maybe the second, after a MUA. I ALWAYS use a disposable, so i won't contaminate them. Once they're out on the floor, tho...
Ok good! You scared me for a minute there! Good for you not trying anything on at sephora! For such a huge company they sure lack sanitation procedures! I wanna vomit every time i walk in there and see people testing things because sephora doest cut off the original wands. As a mua it's repulsive, and as a customer i won't give them my business.

Fiberluver

I haven't worn Feminine Edge e/l yet. As a matter of fact, I've forgotten what I purchased from this collex!
Must get past MM collection!
Now I need to dig around to find my purchases - <VLS>

MissTT

Ha ha I just found Feminine Edge & Catch My Eye & Divine Blue in a bottom drawer tonight completely untouched. I was thinking of returning them, but maybe I'll try them on instead. I have some time off this week. I may try playing in make up.

Fiberluver

Now I remember!!!
I picked up WOG & Superb EDSF, Raven e/l & FE liner.
Poor creaky brain cells!
Now's the time to pull out FE & give it a try.

PeachTwist

Got my GD BU for xmas and the green/pink palettes - I wore the pink one yesterday for my birthday and love it. I haven't tried out Superb yet but the swatch I did on xmas morning is gorgeous. I think I may prefer WOG though. I'll probably use the neutral palette for NYE as it's easy for me to take for travel. I do wish I'd managed to snag one of the brush sets though. Ah well!

MACina

Happy Belated Birthday PeachTwist
happybirthday.gif

Got my GD BU for xmas and the green/pink palettes - I wore the pink one yesterday for my birthday and love it. I haven't tried out Superb yet but the swatch I did on xmas morning is gorgeous. I think I may prefer WOG though. I'll probably use the neutral palette for NYE as it's easy for me to take for travel. I do wish I'd managed to snag one of the brush sets though. Ah well!