MAC Huggable Lipcolour Collection (December 26, 2013)

liba

Thank you, Liba. Can I skip Morning Rose if I plan to get Out For Passion then?
They're different colors. Morning Rose is a pale grayish pink nude while Out For Passion is a springy straight warm pink with a hint of rose. I'm going to get them both, but I may wear OFP more often.

xasperadastra

I have two Huggable! Commotion (which I LOVE) and Red Necessity! I've received them from the Italian press office and now I'm considering buying more! I want at last one more huggable but I don't know which one T___T I like Rusty, but It looks a lot like Nars Golshan which I want to buy (I'd like to try Nars satin lip pencil and Golshan is the one I like the most), the one I'll probably take is What a feeling because is a cute color I don't have ( it looks a lot like Divine choice Mineralize rich lipstick but the latter has more coverage and more white in it.. and usually pastel colors with lots of white don't suite me).. but I also like Out for passion (Gem of roses is my favorite lipstick ever and I'm looking for something similar) and Fashion Force.
Well, I need help!!

swatches and comparisons of the Huggables I have are on my bog, but I post something here too!

Rebel, Commotion, Red Necessity, Fire Sign, Runaway red

Me wearing Commotion!

katred

Specktra Bestie
OK here we go. Again, sorry not to have this info sooner for everyone! #1: This formula is NOTHING like Sheen Supreme. It's a gel based lipstick with extra moisturizing in it. I'd say it's a merging of different technology that's been played around with bit by bit over the years, but this time they hit all the main bullet points just right. It's not a silicone based product. We looked on the ingredients list. Mica is the binder, not silicone. There's a polymer in there that we figured is the main thing giving the texture it's spreading and setting ability. So what the heck is it like? Straight from the tube to your lips, it almost feels a bit stiff, but it instantly softens as it touches the lips. This is really nice because it's got the right amount of stiffness that you can get a good line as you edge your lips, but it's very smooth and spreadable and doesn't skip or drag. In fact it glides on and SERIOUSLY hides lip lines. This makes even some of the colors that are very much dupable (Touche is an almost perfect dupe of Luxe Naturale Mineralize lipstick, for example, just a teeny touch darker) much better than what's come before. The other thing the texture does is it sets up really firmly and quickly, so that there's no feathering, even though it's so moist, and no greasiness. Finally, while you're going to get transference on the edge of your glass if you take a drink, there is enough pigment and it sets up firmly enough, that basic eating and drinking doesn't make the color or texture wear off. The wear time compared to Sheen Supreme is dramatically better. In fact, this formula is MUCH more like a cross between the look and application of the Mineralize Lipsticks and the texture, holding power and blotting options of the Mineralize Lip Balm, with much more hydration than either of them. The blotting and staining ability is one thing that really makes these extra handy. You know how with the Mineralize Lip Balms, you can blot them down to remove most of the gloss, just leaving a moist effect, without removing any of the color? You can totally do that here too, which is awesome. Then, if you want to, you can blot down even more and you have a stain that unlike a lot of stains, isn't patchy at all, and stays very true to the original color, even with the deeper shades (rather than turning pink or orange or something). REALLY nice and very youthful and modern. Lastly, the hydration is no joke. I seriously had to use Cleanse Off Oil to get each color off my lips before trying the next one, because they grip on so much, but even when trying to rub off with a tissue (not easy because of the way it sets on the lips), my lips felt soft after. I went in with sort of cracked lips, and by the time I was done trying everything, my lips were nice and smooth and soft. These are definitely more moisturizing on me than even the Mineralize lip balms. The comfort factor was more similar to those lip stains that came in the clicky pens at the end of the summer. I loved those for what they did to my lips and their staying power, but the pH color adjustment thing they did was problematic, since you were never sure what color you were going to wind up with on your lips by the middle of the day. No problem with that here. I haven't tried those Marc Jacobs gel lipsticks, but I wonder if these may be in the same zone? $20 is a good price for the Huggables, for sure, and I wouldn't be sorry if the Mineralize Lip Balms don't come back, if these were made perm instead. the MLBs were my favorites this year for when I wanted a youth giving look and didn't want to tear up my lips, but these are much more controllable, more pigmented, more color variety etc. etc. I'm getting more of them than expected and really hope they decide to bring more out with the sort of bouncy fun colors you get in the Sheen Supremes.
You really need to do these reviews for a living, Liba.

I noticed that on Temptalia, she compared the Huggables to Armani Rouge Ecstasy and from your description, they do actually sound very similar. Those also seem to apply like a stiff balm that turns silky when it comes in contact with body heat and also function as a stain and a hydrating product. I'm curious to try one of these out, especially since I found that the sheen Supremes actually dried my lips.

MACina

swatches and comparisons of the Huggables I have are on my bog, but I post something here too!

Rebel, Commotion, Red Necessity, Fire Sign, Runaway red

Me wearing Commotion!
Gorgeous
eyelove.gif

Commotion is soooooooo pretty and looks great on you!

marz81

I hope I hate them. 12/26 is already a problem.
omg I am laughing out loud literally. I was thinking the same thing..like seriously we have 2 collections coming out that day already. Im going to be in some serious trouble if I fall in love with any of these huggables. Maybe I shudn't even be in this thread!!! lol
eeksign.gif

singer82

Thanks Liba! I always wait on the edge of my seat to read your reviews. And welcome back hergreyness! Missed you :heart: Hmmm I like the sound of these. But seem similar to Maybelines lip stains (which I love!). $20 just seems a bit much. :dunno:

patentg33k

OK here we go. Again, sorry not to have this info sooner for everyone! #1: This formula is NOTHING like Sheen Supreme. It's a gel based lipstick with extra moisturizing in it. I'd say it's a merging of different technology that's been played around with bit by bit over the years, but this time they hit all the main bullet points just right. It's not a silicone based product. We looked on the ingredients list. Mica is the binder, not silicone. There's a polymer in there that we figured is the main thing giving the texture it's spreading and setting ability. So what the heck is it like? Straight from the tube to your lips, it almost feels a bit stiff, but it instantly softens as it touches the lips. This is really nice because it's got the right amount of stiffness that you can get a good line as you edge your lips, but it's very smooth and spreadable and doesn't skip or drag. In fact it glides on and SERIOUSLY hides lip lines. This makes even some of the colors that are very much dupable (Touche is an almost perfect dupe of Luxe Naturale Mineralize lipstick, for example, just a teeny touch darker) much better than what's come before. The other thing the texture does is it sets up really firmly and quickly, so that there's no feathering, even though it's so moist, and no greasiness. Finally, while you're going to get transference on the edge of your glass if you take a drink, there is enough pigment and it sets up firmly enough, that basic eating and drinking doesn't make the color or texture wear off. The wear time compared to Sheen Supreme is dramatically better. In fact, this formula is MUCH more like a cross between the look and application of the Mineralize Lipsticks and the texture, holding power and blotting options of the Mineralize Lip Balm, with much more hydration than either of them. The blotting and staining ability is one thing that really makes these extra handy. You know how with the Mineralize Lip Balms, you can blot them down to remove most of the gloss, just leaving a moist effect, without removing any of the color? You can totally do that here too, which is awesome. Then, if you want to, you can blot down even more and you have a stain that unlike a lot of stains, isn't patchy at all, and stays very true to the original color, even with the deeper shades (rather than turning pink or orange or something). REALLY nice and very youthful and modern. Lastly, the hydration is no joke. I seriously had to use Cleanse Off Oil to get each color off my lips before trying the next one, because they grip on so much, but even when trying to rub off with a tissue (not easy because of the way it sets on the lips), my lips felt soft after. I went in with sort of cracked lips, and by the time I was done trying everything, my lips were nice and smooth and soft. These are definitely more moisturizing on me than even the Mineralize lip balms. The comfort factor was more similar to those lip stains that came in the clicky pens at the end of the summer. I loved those for what they did to my lips and their staying power, but the pH color adjustment thing they did was problematic, since you were never sure what color you were going to wind up with on your lips by the middle of the day. No problem with that here. I haven't tried those Marc Jacobs gel lipsticks, but I wonder if these may be in the same zone? $20 is a good price for the Huggables, for sure, and I wouldn't be sorry if the Mineralize Lip Balms don't come back, if these were made perm instead. the MLBs were my favorites this year for when I wanted a youth giving look and didn't want to tear up my lips, but these are much more controllable, more pigmented, more color variety etc. etc. I'm getting more of them than expected and really hope they decide to bring more out with the sort of bouncy fun colors you get in the Sheen Supremes.
Your description sounds exactly like YSL Rouge Volupte Shine ($34 each).

BuickMackane

I'm no fan of glossy lippies but for some reason I'm intrigued by these. Partly due, no doubt, to their LE status :blush: Rusty and Rich Marron are calling my name. Commotion ain't half bad either. Hmmmm.... Liba, do you think the Huggable formula is prone to feathering and smudging? Those are the two biggest dealbreakers in my book when it comes to lip products.

BreeMakeupGeek

Same. I'm kinda glad that after Punk Couture it looks like I am in the clear until the Maleficent collection. Depending on how that one turns out to be, of course.
Skipping as well I don't like round shapes for my lipsticks + I don't like the sheen supremes. My wallet still can't do the happy dance as I hauled Chanel spring stuff..lol :)

martiangurll

I'm no fan of glossy lippies but for some reason I'm intrigued by these. Partly due, no doubt, to their LE status :blush: Rusty and Rich Marron are calling my name. Commotion ain't half bad either. Hmmmm.... Liba, do you think the Huggable formula is prone to feathering and smudging? Those are the two biggest dealbreakers in my book when it comes to lip products.
She mentioned no feathering so we're good. That's a major deal breaker for me too as is greasy finish of which these have neither. I think these are gonna be awesome so I am already plotting five of them!