MAC in Duty Free

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangeli
There's a MASSIVE MAC section in London Heathrow Airport (forget which terminal/terminals). They were sellling brush sets, LE stuff and palettes. Mind you that everything was ridiculously priced (and in GB pounds as well!) compared to what i could get it for at home.

It's in Terminal 3. I'll see if I can grab a photo of it as I pass through there in a couple of weeks. There is also a much smaller M·A·C counter at Gatwick Airport Duty Free in the North Terminal.

ambidextrous

MAC is supposed to be (according to website) at the CKS Taipei airport (everrich duty free), but I couldn't find one single MAC item there ö_Ö am I only blind or don't they carry anything there anymore?!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
MAC is supposed to be (according to website) at the CKS Taipei airport (everrich duty free), but I couldn't find one single MAC item there ö_Ö am I only blind or don't they carry anything there anymore?!

At first I thought it might be in a different terminal. At Heathrow it's only to be found in Terminal 3. Terminals 1, 2 and 4 are M·A·Cless. I've just checked the layout of the airport though and it seems that only one terminal has a duty free shop so that's unikely to be the case.

Why not phone the number given on the M·A·C Store Locator and ask?

Ever Rich Duty Free
Chiang Kai-Shek International Airport
Taoyuan
(65) 62305340

pink__grapefruit

Does anyone know if theres one in Boston or JFK airport... I'm going w. the school next summer, and i was just curious!

My friends going to be so mad, i'm dragging him in every cosmetics store we see there!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink__grapefruit
Does anyone know if theres one in Boston or JFK airport... I'm going w. the school next summer, and i was just curious!

My friends going to be so mad, i'm dragging him in every cosmetics store we see there!

You are only allowed to use a Duty Free shop if you are flying internationally to or from that particular airport that day. I don't believe JFK or BOS airports have M·A·C counters anyway.

pink__grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
You are only allowed to use a Duty Free shop if you are flying internationally to or from that particular airport that day. I don't believe JFK or BOS airports have M·A·C counters anyway.

Ahaha, that would make sense! Shows you how much i know :p

labelslut

Quote:
At first I thought it might be in a different terminal. At Heathrow it's only to be found in Terminal 3. Terminals 1, 2 and 4 are M·A·Cless. I've just checked the layout of the airport though and it seems that only one terminal has a duty free shop so that's unikely to be the case.

Ever Rich Duty Free
Taoyuan
(65) 62305340

Just want to say there is a MAC counter in Terminals 1 and 3 at Heathrow along with Gatwick and Stansted. I know this as I've flown out of those terminals and airports quite regularly.

ambidextrous

Quote:

Ever Rich Duty Free
Taoyuan
(65) 62305340

thanks, but I can't speak chinese properly ^^ english is an option, but asking in a forum is cheaper anyway ;P so if anybody saw the MAC counter in CKS airport, write it down!
greengrin.gif

goldbit

There is one counter with lots of stuff in Mexico City's airport. The prices are the same as in US but without the tax. Do you know exactly where is the store in LAX, I will be going there soon?

goldbit

There is one counter with lots of stuff in Mexico City's airport. The prices are the same as in US but without the tax. Do you know exactly where is the store in LAX, I will be going there soon?

iluvtinkerbell23

there is a duty-free shop in st. thomas. and everything is discounted 10%. they don't have a whole lot, but they have most of the shadows and lipsticks.

roxybc

There is also a duty free store in the Vancouver BC airport. My boyyfriend flew out from there twice this summer. The first time he got me the MAC duty free face palette, (pic below) and the second time he got me Rayothon lipglass, which I really wanted but had missed out on a month earlier.

Not my pic though, but this is the palette. **Edit, the pic is gigantic, so just click the link if your interested.
http://img.makeupalley.com/6/3/8/1/334090.jpeg]

Miss Pumpkin

Quote:
It's in Terminal 3. I'll see if I can grab a photo of it as I pass through there in a couple of weeks. There is also a much smaller M·A·C counter at Gatwick Airport Duty Free in the North Terminal.

What about Stansted? I've been there before but I was in a rush and didn't have time to look much, but on the MAC website it says there's a duty free store in Stansted.... are products cheaper?

I'm flying there on the 20th and I'll be spending the night at the airport....

labelslut

Yes there is a MAC counter at Stansted. Prices are basically 17.5% cheaper than what it would be on the highstreets here in the UK.

cloverette

i remember there was a MAC counter in one of the london airports. didn't see it last time in heathrow, so i thought it might have been in stansted. i guess i wasn't in the right terminal in heathrow
ssad.gif

now i'm not sure if the one i saw was in heathrow, gatwick or stansted. but the way i understand it now is that all three of them have MAC counters?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtarchick
just in case anyone finds this useful, there is a duty free mac store (not counter, but store) in the mexico city international airport. IDK the prices, but I bet they're cheaper than counters. and in response to

this airport stores IS listed on the MAC site, named something like "aeroboutiques" i think so, but for example, there are several counters in mex city (and in puebla, where i live) that are not listed, IDK why.
HTH anyone
greengrin.gif

AHHHHHHHHH, im going to mexico soon
do you know if by chance if there's a duty free shop in acapulco's airport?
UGH, im so upset i won't be going through mexico city international airport.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

The Duty Free in Sydney Australia, has it's own counter with everything you can normally get and some extras... That's only for international departures though...