MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

liba

Maybe it's a local thing. I buy most of my products at a high volume downtown Toronto store where the MUA all know me. It doesn't help, because the manager absolutely forbids swatching or even allowing customers to see the products in advance. I have been able to see the sheets with the product swatches on them in the past, but that doesn't always help; products look different on a white sheet of paper than on my skin. The Bay counter near my house doesn't even bring the products out until launch morning; I've asked them a couple of times but I've always been told that it's not permitted.

I suppose I could drive to a different mall further away from my house with a standalone MAC store and ask to see if I get a different answer, but I haven't done that. I tend to shop where it's convenient - near work or home. There is a Pro store that's about a 15 minute walk from my office, but I don't often break for lunch. I will on April 18th though!
oh I'm sorry - I thought you meant they didn't let you swatch after the collection was already on display. My bad!
blush-anim-cl.gif
I thought it was maybe some hardcore health regulation thing, or something. :D

The store I go to always had a private makeup room, so that's where they'd show me things in advance. Maybe your store manager never allowed it because there's no private little area to bring them out in a controlled way? Either that or that manager is a hard @$$. :(

Naughtyp

It seems to me, they're going for the wave as the signature of the product. A duo would be easy to do - the wave would be one color and the flat part would be the other - would also make it a little easier to grab separate colors, at least for as long as the raise part stays raised. They can put the darker color on the wave, as chances are people will use a little less of it or use it in a more controlled application that the lighter shade. Normally I can't wear lime green eye shadow at all, but my Spidey Sense is telling me with the EDES formula, this one will be sheer and light reflective enough to actually work on me, so I'm really looking forward to it. Congratulations. Do you mind telling us what you do or maybe giving us the link? I would love to see Specktrettes' creativity in action!
I like the wave too I don't want to mess it up lol. the lime green shadow is pulling me in......... noooooo!!! lol and the opal one too!!! dammit lol I can't afford all this! why does mac always put the best collections out at the same time?!?

Naughtyp

Its a lot to absorb but after the Feb 7th collections I plan to go on a no buy till April. Hopefully that will make me feel less guilty. I am actually due for a Nordies note soon as well. I plan to use up a lot of unused products this year Between keeping up with the new collections, plotting and strategizing, working extra shifts to pay for them technically I WORK 4 MAC
Basically!! we all do lol

Misato-san

Quote: Extra Dimension Skinfinish 30.00 US/35.00 CADDefinitely Defined - Silvery pink / Soft rose with shimmer
Extra Dimension Eyeshadow 21.00 US/25.00 CAD
Extra Silver - True silver
Dimensional Blue - Frosty blue
Triple Impact - Opalescent lavender with violet pearlized pigment
Extra Dimension Blush 25.00 US/29.50 CAD
Flaming Chic - Bright blue pink
At Dusk - Mid-tone rose pink

let's see if I can try this formula this year, products I quoted sound really promising *_*

Icecaramellatte

I'm loving the sound of everything, especially the term "opalescent." I can't wait for this collection. Good thing I have time to save $$$$.

E-Marie

Extra Dimension Skinfinish 30.00 US/35.00 CAD
Double Definition - Soft shimmery gold / Patina bronze
Shape The Future - Pastel pink with iridescence / Soft brick with shimmer
Definitely Defined - Silvery pink / Soft rose with shimmer

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow 21.00 US/25.00 CAD
Zestful - Pale iridescent lime
Opalesse - Opalescent white with pink pearlized pigments
Triple Impact - Opalescent lavender with violet pearlized pigment

I'm really excited to see these!

xbarbiieex1

My List
Extra Dimension Skinfinish 35.00 CAD
Shape The Future - Pastel pink with iridescence / Soft brick with shimmer
Definitely Defined - Silvery pink / Soft rose with shimmer

Extra Dimension Blush 29.50 CAD
Flaming Chic - Bright blue pink
Bareness - Rosy beige pink
Blazing Heat - Mid-tone peach

TOTAL: 188$ CAD

QueenofSpades81

mac_wishlist.gif
I figure I can skip the skinfinishes and use the blushes as highlighters too if the formula is similar.

Extra Dimension Blush 25.00 US/29.50 CAD
Bareness - Rosy beige pink
Fiery Impact - Burnt red bronze
Blazing Heat - Mid-tone peach

128 Brush 35.00 US/42.00 CAD
Split Fibre Cheek Brush

iATEaSEAmonster

I'm totes checking out:

Double Definition MSF - Soft shimmery gold / Patina bronze
Shape The Future MSF - Pastel pink with iridescence / Soft brick with shimmer (if only to check out the "brick" shade)
Zestful MESF - Pale iridescent lime
Extra Silver MESF - True silver
Triple Impact MESF - Opalescent lavender with violet pearlized pigment
Blazing Heat MBF - Mid-tone peach

I'm afraid I'm going to have to skip the rest. I doubt I'll get more than 2 or 3 of the products I'm looking out for. I'm saving most of my purchases for Archie's Girls, Baking Beauties, (maybe) the All About Orange, and Temperature Rising. Basically, if it's not amazing, I probably won't shell out a ton of cash.

Prettypackages

I'm looking at opalesce now. the only thing that sucks about these threads are no actual pics of products. Then we sit and sepculate for weeks. I wanna know NOW! LOL

KathyHC

Why Mac why.. All the best collections on April :0 when im still in school and with no money. Ugh, gonna have to keep Archies at 2 items and be very picky for the Nudes and Metallics collection.. Lets just hope the other summer ones arent THAT special :(

ladyarwen

In a perfect world where I have tons of money to throw around, I think I'd haul from this April collection the most. I only got two eyeshadows from 2012's collection, and I'd like to get a couple more, including some blushes. We'll just have to see. *sigh*

Latest posts