MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

Baby1black

... time for a new thread! :flower: If you get your information from Specktra, give proper credit. Don't steal! In Extra Dimension April 11 All limited edition Extra Dimension Skinfinish 30.00 US/35.00 CAD Double Definition - Soft shimmery gold / Patina bronze Shape The Future - Pastel pink with iridescence / Soft brick with shimmer Definitely Defined - Silvery pink / Soft rose with shimmer Extra Dimension Eyeshadow 21.00 US/25.00 CAD Zestful - Pale iridescent lime Extra Silver - True silver Dimensional Blue - Frosty blue Opalesse - Opalescent white with pink pearlized pigments Triple Impact - Opalescent lavender with violet pearlized pigment Smoky Mauve - Mid-tone mauve Extra Dimension Blush 25.00 US/29.50 CAD Flaming Chic - Bright blue pink Bareness - Rosy beige pink At Dusk - Mid-tone rose pink Fiery Impact - Burnt red bronze Blazing Heat - Mid-tone peach  128 Brush 35.00 US/42.00 CAD Split Fibre Cheek Brush  235 Brush 31.00 US/37.50 CAD Split Fibre All Over Eye Brush
for the edsfs are they going to be half / half? So is shape the future going to be pastel pink or soft brick plz help

liba

Hmm until I see these in person I'm guessing I can skip the collec. Not seeing anything jumping out at me thus far. Seeing in person may sway me though.
It's better not to buy anything blind anyhow. Maybe I just have gotten used to picky skin tone needs, but I just about never buy anything going on my face sight unseen. I'd rather wait until everything hits the store about a million times more than guessing….too much of a gamble. The end result is, I have almost zero products I don't love and that are a struggle to make work. All my goodies are good!

Extra Dimension is a really fabulous finish, but it's not for everyone's taste, no matter how huge the hype is. If you like extreme sheen and can get use out of it, that's when you leap in the deep end of the pool!!!
heart.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't mind if the new products have a different look, I was never a fan of the ''wave'' part on it. I liked the MAC logo part, but actually I'd prefer it if they wouldn't have any design embossed on them at all. Don't know why, I'm just weird like that.
amuse.gif

Zestful sounds really, really pretty. Not that I have any use for a color like that, but I'm sure it's gorgeous.

gracie90

List time!

1. Shape The Future EDSF
  2. Definitely Defined EDSF
  3. Opalesse EDES
  4. Zestful EDES
  5. Triple Impact EDES
  6. Smoky Mauve EDES
  7. Flaming Chic EDB
  8. Bareness EDB
  9. At Dusk EDB
  10. Blazing Heat EDB

mac_atemywallet.gif
and none of these collections have even come out yet!
I am currently feeling very grateful that I'm earning upwards of £200 a month on Etsy - it's my MAC fund!

Corally

I wouldn't mind if the new products have a different look, I was never a fan of the ''wave'' part on it. I liked the MAC logo part, but actually I'd prefer it if they wouldn't have any design embossed on them at all. Don't know why, I'm just weird like that. 
amuse.gif
Zestful sounds really, really pretty. Not that I have any use for a color like that, but I'm sure it's gorgeous.
I love the wave pattern, I try not to use it so much.

Corally

List time!
  1. Shape The Future EDSF
  2. Definitely Defined EDSF
  3. Opalesse EDES
  4. Zestful EDES
  5. Triple Impact EDES
  6. Smoky Mauve EDES
  7. Flaming Chic EDB
  8. Bareness EDB
  9. At Dusk EDB
  10. Blazing Heat EDB
:macwallet: and none of these collections have even come out yet! I am currently feeling very grateful that I'm earning upwards of £200 a month on Etsy - it's my MAC fund!
I've seen you mentioning Etsy a few times now.. If I may ask, what do you sell on Etsy? :)

liba

I am currently feeling very grateful that I'm earning upwards of £200 a month on Etsy - it's my MAC fund!
Congratulations. Do you mind telling us what you do or maybe giving us the link? I would love to see Specktrettes' creativity in action!

erine1881

for the edsfs are they going to be half / half? So is shape the future going to be pastel pink or soft brick plz help
It's half & half, so it's both colours.
One thing I thought was really nice about the EDSFs were how they didn't magnify my pores - quite the opposite, in fact. I normally wouldn't apply them wet, though. I'd just put them on dry with a 131 or the dual fiber kabuki and spray with Fix+ afterwards if I wanted extreme wet look. Applying them with a wet brush didn't seem to set off their best qualities.
Yeah the skinfinishes aren't supposed to be used wet at all. Just the shadows can be used wet. Not sure about the blushes tho.

liba

Cross-stitch patterns! Geeky ones
blush-anim-cl.gif
Just the patterns for other people to do or do you embroider them yourself?

I spent years doing really out there crochet and knitwear, but that was in the pre-internet era and in the days before everything had to have a designer logo on them, so I sold to boutiques around the world. I've been considering going back to that but only doing super outrageous one of kinds, more like body sculptural art pieces, and Etsy seems like a good place, if you can make yourself stand out.

gracie90

Quote:
Normally I can't wear lime green eye shadow at all, but my Spidey Sense is telling me with the EDES formula, this one will be sheer and light reflective enough to actually work on me, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Congratulations. Do you mind telling us what you do or maybe giving us the link? I would love to see Specktrettes' creativity in action!
This is the exact reason why Zestful is on my list!

Here you go, but be prepared to see how much of a nerd I am! http://www.etsy.com/shop/XStitchMyHeart

liba

Quote:
This is the exact reason why Zestful is on my list!

Here you go, but be prepared to see how much of a nerd I am! http://www.etsy.com/shop/XStitchMyHeart
Adorable - the alphabet ones are great. You can't be too much of a nerd if you average £200+ a month in sales ;)

Genn

the tip of the wave is the first part of my shadow to disappear. I always grab the shadow from there.

Audrey C

I want to dance too! Very happy with the direction Extra Dimension is going!

dothewave.gif

One thing I thought was really nice about the EDSFs were how they didn't magnify my pores - quite the opposite, in fact. I normally wouldn't apply them wet, though. I'd just put them on dry with a 131 or the dual fiber kabuki and spray with Fix+ afterwards if I wanted extreme wet look. Applying them with a wet brush didn't seem to set off their best qualities.

It's a fantastic brush for all over color washes. I use it all the time! I'm probably going to buy a second one so I can keep one for stuff like concealer, or maybe just so I can have one for light colors and one for dark colors.

It's better not to buy anything blind anyhow. Maybe I just have gotten used to picky skin tone needs, but I just about never buy anything going on my face sight unseen. I'd rather wait until everything hits the store about a million times more than guessing….too much of a gamble. The end result is, I have almost zero products I don't love and that are a struggle to make work. All my goodies are good!

Extra Dimension is a really fabulous finish, but it's not for everyone's taste, no matter how huge the hype is. If you like extreme sheen and can get use out of it, that's when you leap in the deep end of the pool!!!
heart.gif
I use my 234 for concealer - I have a second on the way (for me to use on my eyes) I like it so much! Right now I'm using the new 287 for a sheer wash of EDES; it's perfect for that. I used it today to apply Sweet Heat. Some EDES are fine packed on with my 239 (A Natural Flirt and Modern Pewter) but SW is much prettier sheer (IMO). Lime is definitely one of my better colours, so I can't wait for the EDES version.
heart.gif

I really have to be careful with products with high sheen because they magnify my pores. Serums only do so much to tighten them.

I so wish I could swatch products before launch like you can - it would eliminate any errors. Unfortunately, no one here will allow it.
ohboy.gif

liba

Quote: Originally Posted by Audrey C

I so wish I could swatch products before launch like you can - it would eliminate any errors. Unfortunately, no one here will allow it.
ohboy.gif

Really? I stopped in at a MAC store the last time I was in Canada (in Calgary) and they let me test everything I wanted. I did have to ask, but they didn't act like it was a weird or illegal request.

Audrey C

Really? I stopped in at a MAC store the last time I was in Canada (in Calgary) and they let me test everything I wanted. I did have to ask, but they didn't act like it was a weird or illegal request.
Maybe it's a local thing. I buy most of my products at a high volume downtown Toronto store where the MUA all know me. It doesn't help, because the manager absolutely forbids swatching or even allowing customers to see the products in advance. I have been able to see the sheets with the product swatches on them in the past, but that doesn't always help; products look different on a white sheet of paper than on my skin. The Bay counter near my house doesn't even bring the products out until launch morning; I've asked them a couple of times but I've always been told that it's not permitted.

I suppose I could drive to a different mall further away from my house with a standalone MAC store and ask to see if I get a different answer, but I haven't done that. I tend to shop where it's convenient - near work or home. There is a Pro store that's about a 15 minute walk from my office, but I don't often break for lunch. I will on April 18th though!

VampyCouture

Yeah the skinfinishes aren't supposed to be used wet at all. Just the shadows can be used wet. Not sure about the blushes tho.
I wet my EDES and they give a nice finish!

For some reason, I have a really good feeling about Zestful. Right now, Zestful, Fiery Impact & Definitely Defined are the only things on my list, but hopefully that changes when I see more swatches.

lyseD

Maybe it's a local thing. I buy most of my products at a high volume downtown Toronto store where the MUA all know me. It doesn't help, because the manager absolutely forbids swatching or even allowing customers to see the products in advance. I have been able to see the sheets with the product swatches on them in the past, but that doesn't always help; products look different on a white sheet of paper than on my skin. The Bay counter near my house doesn't even bring the products out until launch morning; I've asked them a couple of times but I've always been told that it's not permitted.

I suppose I could drive to a different mall further away from my house with a standalone MAC store and ask to see if I get a different answer, but I haven't done that. I tend to shop where it's convenient - near work or home. There is a Pro store that's about a 15 minute walk from my office, but I don't often break for lunch. I will on April 18th though!
I'm in Waterloo and I used to be able to swatch pre-release but now I only see them -- no touching. My MA just let me know the PL Paint Pots are in to see.

Latest posts