MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Bareness and Blazing Haute (it's 'Haute' not Heat'). I can't really take good pics with my crappy cellphone, sorry :( BH looks warmer than I expected, not sure if it's a keeper, so I'm not gonna swatch it for now. Maybe I should've gotten At Dusk instead. Bareness is a really pretty rosey beige, I'll try to post swatches later.

Corally

Bareness and Blazing Haute (it's 'Haute' not Heat'). I can't really take good pics with my crappy cellphone, sorry :( BH looks kinda warm in real life, not sure if it's a keeper, so I'm not gonna swatch it for now. Maybe I should've gotten At Dusk instead. Bareness is a really pretty rosey beige, I'll try to post swatches later.
LOVE LOVE LOVE! :bigheart:

honey on boost

I think I'm team all blushes
pompom.gif
I'm having tres chic flashbacks. I can't help but to get all of them
girlhaha.gif

MRV

Bareness and Blazing Haute (it's 'Haute' not Heat'). I can't really take good pics with my crappy cellphone, sorry :( BH looks warmer than I expected, not sure if it's a keeper, so I'm not gonna swatch it for now. Maybe I should've gotten At Dusk instead. Bareness is a really pretty rosey beige, I'll try to post swatches later.
TY, Naynadine! Tell us what you think when you get to swatch,

martiangurll

Me too, Gracie.

In fact, the pictures are making me want to haul all the pretties but car repairs and new tires are forcing me to switch to team ICATS. When I really think about it (which I hate to do, because it interferes with my hoarding drive), I really don't like metallic stuff on my cheeks too much. So, in the interest of having a safe car to drive, I am just going to have to low buy it and get Zestful only. More for you ladies! I will have to enjoy the collection vicariously by hearing about the massive hauls you ladies will be enjoying!
T has all the promo pics, and of course everything looks gorgeous!

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-in-extra-dimension-collection-2013-for-springsummer-2013

I like this one especially

ladyarwen

Me too, Gracie.

In fact, the pictures are making me want to haul all the pretties but car repairs and new tires are forcing me to switch to team ICATS. When I really think about it (which I hate to do, because it interferes with my hoarding drive), I really don't like metallic stuff on my cheeks too much. So, in the interest of having a safe car to drive, I am just going to have to low buy it and get Zestful only. More for you ladies! I will have to enjoy the collection vicariously by hearing about the massive hauls you ladies will be enjoying!
ICATS...I can't afford this stuff? That's my guess. XD

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
OK, I played with Bareness a bit. It is very subtle. And apparently I lost all my swatching and photographing skills, so I don't know if this is useful.

Bareness on the left and a swipe of Poised next to it. This is taken with flash. Poised is a bit darker, Bareness more rosey. I'd say the finish is very similar to Satin powder blushes, maybe a bit more sheen. So if you like that, your wallet is most def in trouble. It's not as metallic/shimmery as the (original, can't say anything wbout the ones in this collection) EDSF. But - I had to layer a lot to get the swatch to show up like that, the color payoff doesn't seem as good as regular powder blushes. I have doubts that this color would show on darker skintones.
Will have to try it on my face and figure out what brush to use best.

bobbiedoll03

This is going to be a "must be swatched" collection for me...I am going to have to travel to the store because I am so back and forth about it.

SydVicious

OK, I played with Bareness a bit. It is very subtle. And apparently I lost all my swatching and photographing skills, so I don't know if this is useful.

Bareness on the left and a swipe of Poised next to it. This is taken with flash. Poised is a bit darker, Bareness more rosey. I'd say the finish is very similar to Satin powder blushes, maybe a bit more sheen. So if you like that, your wallet is most def in trouble. It's not as metallic/shimmery as the (original, can't say anything wbout the ones in this collection) EDSF. But - I had to layer a lot to get the swatch to show up like that, the color payoff doesn't seem as good as regular powder blushes. I have doubts that this color would show on darker skintones.
Hmm... these swatches may have changed my mind about these blushes. I don't mind sheer color really, as I am pretty pale. But if these are not as metallic and shimmery and I thought they were going to be, I may skip and just stick with skin finishes and brushes. I always have a hard time with shimmers IN the actual blush. It seems by the time I get it blended out, not much is left. It's easier to add the EDSF after.

Audrey C

Thanks, Naynadine. I'm drawn to this colour, but it's probably not that different from my other neutral blushes (Blushbaby, A Perfect Cheek, Prism, NARS Douceur) that I wear often. I didn't like Poised because it was too dirty looking on me; Barefoot looks pinker. The finish (based on your pic) almost looks like the Sheertone Shimmer Blush (Peachykeen et al). If you have any of those, can you let us know if that's true? Thanks!

ALivingDoll

I'm with you on this Bobbiedoll. From the swatch pics and upon reading the translation, the only blushes i'm excited about is Blazing Haute and Fiery Impact. I'm still deciding on whether or not to get any of EDSF because from Temptalia's promo pics, the patina bronze shade of Double Definiton has a strong resemblance to Glorify which i hardly ever use then again it could feel and swatch entirely different. As far as the eyeshadows, they are too light for me. Two more weeks for this to launch in store then our doubts will be resolved.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, Naynadine. I'm drawn to this colour, but it's probably not that different from my other neutral blushes (Blushbaby, A Perfect Cheek, Prism, NARS Douceur) that I wear often. I didn't like Poised because it was too dirty looking on me; Barefoot looks pinker. The finish (based on your pic) almost looks like the Sheertone Shimmer Blush (Peachykeen et al). If you have any of those, can you let us know if that's true? Thanks!
Kind of similar, but I's say the Sheertone Shimmer ones have a bit more shimmer. Judging from just having swatched Bareness I would say the Extra Diemsnion ones are actually more subtle.

martiangurll

Kind of similar, but I's say the Sheertone Shimmer ones have a bit more shimmer. Judging from just having swatched Bareness I would say the Extra Diemsnion ones are actually more subtle.
I dislike the Sheertone Shimmer blush. I think its a skip on the face stuff for me. Glorify and WoG really don't get any love from me. I wish I could get all the EDES though.

Audrey C

Well, crap. I like subtle, not too sheeny blushes. Thanks. I think. ;)

Debbs

I just called Macys and was told they just finish putting away Fashion Sets as it came in today. I asked when she would get ED and was told she also just put it away as well. I was promised that if I got there today b4 6pm I cud see both collections so everyone kno what's up...............playtime......can't promise pics but at least will give some feedback