MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

VampyCouture

Am I the only one that just has a bunch of unused, untouched MU laying around, yet I can't stop buying more of it??? I think I need to start a project where I pick a certain color scheme, palette, collection or product(s) that I have to use if I'm wearing MU for a certain amount of time. That way I can truly assess whether or not something works & if not let it go. Maybe this would help me destash in a more logical way. The only issue is that is the fun of MU it's like putting a puzzle together & pulling pieces from a bunch of different places.
Hi Spanky
wavey.gif

I agree. I am having to reassess my collection and finish using what I have already hit pan on. Come join the Theme Makeup for a Purpose thread. The theme this month is PURPLE.

Haven

I wasn't at a pro store - I was at my local freestanding store, where they're nice and let me peek at collections in advance. They DID tell me they only got their skin finishes in yesterday, when they'd gotten all the blushes and shadows more than a week ago, so maybe there's something going on with that?

I'd say don't sweat it and just go to a counter or freestanding store next Thurs. when the collection comes out. If you get there in the morning, I'd think you'd be able to get what you wanted, but I didn't get the impression they were going to have much stock on the skin finishes - still, it seemed like there will be more stock than they're getting in for Baking Beauties.
OK thank you! Unfortunately I will be working Thursday morning, so I need to see if I can preorder.

Spanky

Hi Spanky :wavey: I agree. I am having to reassess my collection and finish using what I have already hit pan on. Come join the Theme Makeup for a Purpose thread. The theme this month is [COLOR=800080]PURPLE.[/COLOR]
Hi doll! Thanks for asking me to join, I'll have to sign up later. This is excellent. So can you tell me the quick & dirty rules b/c I'm going to try & wear MU today... This, I really needed this & you thanks again for asking. I really miss coming on the boards & hanging out! PLMK any other info about (can't do purple on my computer) PURPLE!

Jol0

Thanks Spanky, MACina, Naynadine and Daniellahh for the sweet comments! Can't wait to try Flaming Chic tomorrow.

internetchick

My blushes arrived late yesterday, and I am going to be playing with them today. Hoping to get them all swatched and up by the end of today.

MissTT

Wow! The most recent pictures on the blushes make them look like I would be
fool.gif
to pass on them. Yazmin mentioned Small Vanity which I fell in love with... I'm turning circles now, too! But but but I'm gonna tell myself that the keepit_class person piled a whole bunch of the product on and had to use all those filters and tricks to get it to look that good. I'm gonna hang back just a leeeetle bit longer until I can see them on someone NC45 or darker. At Dusk, Blazing Haute, and Fiery Impact are now on my radar. If I get one though I just plan to get a single blush.

joI0 you look beatiful

Miss Dynamite

Did you pick up Veronica's Blush PM from Archie's? I've seen a couple people say that Pink Buttercream is very similar to Veronica's Blush. You may not need both - unless you're like me and absolutely love VB!
I'm thinking of just getting both, but I've been trying to cut down on cheek products since most of them end up being pretty similar on me for some reason. God knows I'll find a way to justify it in the end, like I always do...I find it way too hard to pass up anything that has a cute design on it.

ALivingDoll

I'm NC15 and I tried every color with the dual fiber brush that is being repro-ed with the collection. Bareness, At Dusk and Blazing Heat really did not show up well on me on bare skin. Flaming Chic and Fiery Impact did, but quite softly - they did build a bit, though, as did Blazing Heat. With foundation on, all of them showed up with excellent pigmentation in one swipe, except for Bareness, which stayed super subtle (but then again, that one is supposed to be a very subtle brightener anyhow - the effect is very nice over foundation). Also, applying the blushes on top of the Skin Finishes made all the colors come out much more strongly, also with one swipe, but that made them all look shimmery, because the shimmer of the EDSF would come through from underneath. Maybe people can try applying regular face powder or an MSFN and then putting these blushes over, if they don't want to use foundation. Another possibility I didn't experiment with would be applying them with a damp brush or applying them dry then misting with Fix+. I'm sure you could apply them over a cream blush or a cream color base and get the pigmentation to come through then, too.

The shadows are the same way - sheer sheer sheer and not buildable to opacity unless over a base, after which you just need one regular layer and boom- total opacity and color popping.

Oh, the weird technology!

Which side did you use when you used the duo fiber brush for cheeks? I still haven't got the hang of those brushes and rarely use them.
You're right..it may just make a difference. My package is said to arrive on Wednesday so trying it out first makes sense. I just feel it's similar to a couple of other blushes i already own. $25.00 is hefty for a MAC blush imo. I just feel that if it's $25.00 it should have great color payoff with just one swoop of the brush. Either way (yea i said i was definitely returning...i know lol) i will swatch when it arrives! Thank you again though!

luvlydee

Wow! The most recent pictures on the blushes make them look like I would be 
fool.gif
 to pass on them. Yazmin mentioned Small Vanity which I fell in love with... I'm turning circles now, too! But but but I'm gonna tell myself that the keepit_class person piled a whole bunch of the product on and had to use all those filters and tricks to get it to look that good. I'm gonna hang back just a leeeetle bit longer until I can see them on someone NC45 or darker. At Dusk, Blazing Haute, and Fiery Impact are now on my radar. If I get one though I just plan to get a single blush. joI0 you look beatiful
I ordered flaminc chic and im around nc44/45. At Dusk is def on my radar. I might just have to go in person and check these out since there are like no swatches on nc42 and darker :-\ Booo. Story of the dark skinned life. Takes a while until we see swatches are hear reviews on someone with darker skin tone

Janice

Hi all, please remember that while disagreements happen when people are passionate about a topic we need for the discussion to remain civil and respectful. We are beautiful, intelligent people there is no need to personally insult any other member of this forum over their opinion. The admin staff have removed or edited out parts of posts that violate our policy on no personal attacks. I thank you for your understanding.
type.gif

ALivingDoll

This is a very tight knit, loving community of people that share a passion for MU. What one may forget is that this may be people's only source of communication with people in a place where they feel comfortable. Real life has real problems and I know I come on here to get away from the drama not to watch it unfold.
Catching up on the threads and after reading them and reading your post. thank you so much for this. I feel exactly the same way and let's not forget that they way people type things may come off a certain way to others. It's never the same as actually hearing a person's voice and distinguishing the tone to decide if they're being an ass or not. Anyways, that's my two cents lol...but again thank you Spanky!!!!