MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

MACina

iagree.gif
..........Supernova is a very pretty blush too
love.gif

Thanks doll! I have a feeling it will look like Supernova on me. But that's okay since it's def a spring/summer shade
smiles.gif

ALivingDoll

I ordered flaminc chic and im around nc44/45. At Dusk is def on my radar. I might just have to go in person and check these out since there are like no swatches on nc42 and darker :-\ Booo. Story of the dark skinned life. Takes a while until we see swatches are hear reviews on someone with darker skin tone
I couldn't help but giggle after reading this bcuz i'm the same skintone as you too. It does take a while
girlhaha.gif

Richelle83

Catching up on the threads and after reading them and reading your post. thank you so much for this. I feel exactly the same way and let's not forget that they way people type things may come off a certain way to others. It's never the same as actually hearing a person's voice and distinguishing the tone to decide if they're being an ass or not. Anyways, that's my two cents lol...but again thank you Spanky!!!!
Whew glad I missed all the drama! @bolded is something I definitely have to watch out for lol(as some of you may know
girlhaha.gif
). BTW the flag button...smh never thought to use that either!

Monday I will get my little haul. After seeing more swatches I am still glad that I skipped Opalesse. Triple Impact looks very pretty wet.

califabulous

Kind of OT but ...I love the way at dusk and bareness look on the lighter skin tones. very natural soft and complimentary. I need a blush like that for me. I have dark skin so I am not sure where to go. I know that certain colors look amaze on my tone but I want something pretty natural for everyday-a no fuss almost anytime shade. I really like nars liberte for this and i find that nars exhibit A gives a great flush...I've tried using blunt as a blush but i usually look...dirty? lol. I like sweet as cocoa but kind of frosty. i guess i want something new. any suggestions?

Fiery impact looks gorg but I probably won't get anything because of my budget for the VIB sale. I really like smokey mauve, extra silver (i do not wear silver es), triple impact. Zestful looks super promising too

liba

I ordered flaminc chic and im around nc44/45. At Dusk is def on my radar. I might just have to go in person and check these out since there are like no swatches on nc42 and darker :-\ Booo. Story of the dark skinned life. Takes a while until we see swatches are hear reviews on someone with darker skin tone
Definitely try At Dusk over some foundation - I'm betting you'll be pleasantly surprised!!!

With the way technology keeps advancing, I think we're going to see more and more blush with smooth enough textures that ashiness will be a lot less common, if not a thing of the past. Before, if you wanted a color that was light and bright, you had to rely on white pigments in the mix that'd be murder on deeper complexions, but now there are light reflective silicas that add brightness without adding what is basically white powder, plus everything is getting milled finer and finer so it melts into the skin and can avoid more and more gritty shimmer bits that'd just sit on top of the skin adding heavy powderiness. Time for everyone to start throwing out all these old rules that just hold creativity back - it's not just makeup, it's also freedom from difficult application and freedom to break old assumptions. All ages, all races, all genders through technology - that IS MAC's policy after all!!!!!
grouphug2.gif

luvlydee

Ha! I'm NW43... I think I've seen maybe 2 posters on the whole site that are my shade  :lol:
Boooo!! Lmao i know it sometimes get frustrating. Because there are a lot of woc on this forum but sometimes i feel like we wait on eachother to make the first moves in picking stuff lmaoo. I will post swatches of flaming chic as soon as i get it. I might just order at dusk to get it over with lol ETA : and since liba said the blushes are more apparent with foundation i might just wear macs face and body on my cheeks first and then apply the blush on das where i dont want to do a whole face

luvlydee

Definitely try At Dusk over some foundation - I'm betting you'll be pleasantly surprised!!! With the way technology keeps advancing, I think we're going to see more and more blush with smooth enough textures that ashiness will be a lot less common, if not a thing of the past. Before, if you wanted a color that was light and bright, you had to rely on white pigments in the mix that'd be murder on deeper complexions, but now there are light reflective silicas that add brightness without adding what is basically white powder, plus everything is getting milled finer and finer so it melts into the skin and can avoid more and more gritty shimmer bits that'd just sit on top of the skin adding heavy powderiness. Time for everyone to start throwing out all these old rules that just hold creativity back - it's not just makeup, it's also freedom from difficult application and freedom to break old assumptions. All ages, all races, all genders through technology - that IS MAC's policy after all!!!!! :grouphug:
Im sold!!! Im going to order it right now :)

Odelia

So I noticed that Mac Canada is listing DefDef and StF as COMING SOON instead of the previously stated SOLD OUT..
UGH! This just keeps you lemming! I was certain that I was ok with skipping the cheek products but now I find myself refreshing for restocks every so often lol. Mac sinks it's hooks into me! Argh!

SavannahLovely

Wow! These look so glowy. If anyone has seen these in real life, are these accurate as far as the glowy glowy texture on the skin? They look so different from Allura's swatches that I'm wondering whether she used a highlighter over them. I mean, these look so amazing it makes me want them alllllllllll
She says in the caption of those pictures that she was only wearing Chanel's Perfection Lumiere foundation on her face so the blushes are accurately shown and used no filters, only natural lighting and an app to make the collage. It kind of looks like a filter, but I'm just going off what she said :)

PrettyKitty

My haul, feel free to click on the link in my signature to see more pics! My blushes had a hard coat of something on them, WTF? Flaming Chic was worst, so it looked like it was very very sheer but I had to remove that hard stuff. It looked like when an eyeshadow get wet and it form a hard crust on them. Similar to that. Anyway, the beautiful design is gone now.

liba

Kind of OT but ...I love the way at dusk and bareness look on the lighter skin tones. very natural soft and complimentary. I need a blush like that for me. I have dark skin so I am not sure where to go. I know that certain colors look amaze on my tone but I want something pretty natural for everyday-a no fuss almost anytime shade. I really like nars liberte for this and i find that nars exhibit A gives a great flush...I've tried using blunt as a blush but i usually look...dirty? lol. I like sweet as cocoa but kind of frosty. i guess i want something new. any suggestions?

Fiery impact looks gorg but I probably won't get anything because of my budget for the VIB sale. I really like smokey mauve, extra silver (i do not wear silver es), triple impact. Zestful looks super promising too
Did you try Alpine Bronze MB when it came out? Was it too orangey for you? The no-blush makeup look is the trend so if nothing in the Extra Dimension collection is doing it for you, there for sure will be more brown/tan/nude shades coming up. I still think it's worth it to go into a store and try out all these EDBs. I think there are going to be some surprises! One of the best MUAs at the store I go to has extremely dark chocolate skin and I've seen her ROCK pale pink cheeks that look totally natural, like that pink was just busting out from deep within. It's out there, califabulous!!

Odelia

My haul, feel free to click on the link in my signature to see more pics! My blushes had a hard coat of something on them, WTF? Flaming Chic was worst, so it looked like it was very very sheer but I had to remove that hard stuff. It looked like when an eyeshadow get wet and it form a hard crust on them. Similar to that. Anyway, the beautiful design is gone now.

I'm looking forward to your Blazing Haute swatches :) Looks pretty!
So weird what happened to your Flaming Chic! I feel like I had that issue with my Superb from first launch. It was so difficult to get any color out of it as if it had a coating. It got better after use though.

MACina

Lovely haul, PrettyKitty!!!

That is really very strange...I would like to know what I kind of "coat" that is
icon_eek.gif

Erine and a few other Specktrettes did also mention this "coat"....
werd.gif

liba

Im sold!!! Im going to order it right now
smiles.gif
Let us know how it turns out!!!! Worst case scenario is you can pass it along to another specktrette who wants it (I've got too many blushes to need BUs, but At Dusk is one of those colors I could see keeping if I had to get rid of everything except ONE, so it's definitely BU-worthy for folks who hit pan on their blushes).

Best case scenario: TOTAL GORGEOUSNESS DOMINATION!
queen.gif

liba

Lovely haul, PrettyKitty!!!

That is really very strange...I would like to know what I kind of "coat" that is
icon_eek.gif

Erine and a few other Specktrettes did also mention this "coat"....
werd.gif
I bet that with the water content in this formula, combined with this time of the year, where the temperatures are going from really cold to warm suddenly, it's probably a crust formed by abrupt water condensation, rather than an extra coating. Some folks who used wet brushes directly on their EDSF pans had some weird things going on that'd mottle the surface, which is one of my clues.

Sure, there's also a possibility that they coat the molds that shape the product in the pans with some sort of makeup equivalent of no-stick cooking spray, so there could be a residue, but I think that's less likely, due to strict quality control standards for makeup production - I didn't notice the country of manufacture of these, but aren't the previous ones Italy or Canada?

Odelia

I bet that with the water content in this formula, combined with this time of the year, where the temperatures are going from really cold to warm suddenly, it's probably a crust formed by abrupt water condensation, rather than an extra coating. Some folks who used wet brushes directly on their EDSF pans had some weird things going on that'd mottle the surface, which is one of my clues.

Sure, there's also a possibility that they coat the molds that shape the product in the pans with some sort of makeup equivalent of no-stick cooking spray, so there could be a residue, but I think that's less likely, due to strict quality control standards for makeup production - I didn't notice the country of manufacture of these, but aren't the previous ones Italy or Canada?
I just had a look at my old ED1 Superb and it says Italy. Everything in my ED collections say Italy - Rich Core edes is Italy made and my Glamourdaze edes are also Italy. Were the recent blushes/skin finishes Canadian?

Your explanation makes sense though liba :) I guess it could be multiple reasons.