MAC In Extra Dimension Collection 2013 (April 2013)

MaitaiFluff

Phew. I'm glad I missed out on the drama, but finally caught up here too. I forgot already who said it, but I loved the reference to non-makeup experts as muggles. It just seems so fitting. PrettyKitty, I always love your pictures. Amazing!

cindypltnm81

Definitely try At Dusk over some foundation - I'm betting you'll be pleasantly surprised!!! With the way technology keeps advancing, I think we're going to see more and more blush with smooth enough textures that ashiness will be a lot less common, if not a thing of the past. Before, if you wanted a color that was light and bright, you had to rely on white pigments in the mix that'd be murder on deeper complexions, but now there are light reflective silicas that add brightness without adding what is basically white powder, plus everything is getting milled finer and finer so it melts into the skin and can avoid more and more gritty shimmer bits that'd just sit on top of the skin adding heavy powderiness. Time for everyone to start throwing out all these old rules that just hold creativity back - it's not just makeup, it's also freedom from difficult application and freedom to break old assumptions. All ages, all races, all genders through technology - that IS MAC's policy after all!!!!! :grouphug:
I know that's right. Looking forward to the purchases with more optimism now:) I have WOG and superb, they both look stunning on my NW 47 skin! Nw50 in the summer!

ocean286

Oh my gosh! I'm in trouble! LOL!!! All of those blushes look amazing! At dusk and Fiery Impact and Flaming Chic are mos def on my list.
drools.gif

From Keepitclassy_1 on instagram. For reference she says she's an NC40/42

I was not going to get any of the blushes, but I think I changed my mind after seeing these photos. I love at Dusk. :)

MacNcheese

Kind of OT but ...I love the way at dusk and bareness look on the lighter skin tones. very natural soft and complimentary. I need a blush like that for me. I have dark skin so I am not sure where to go. I know that certain colors look amaze on my tone but I want something pretty natural for everyday-a no fuss almost anytime shade. I really like nars liberte for this and i find that nars exhibit A gives a great flush...I've tried using blunt as a blush but i usually look...dirty? lol. I like sweet as cocoa but kind of frosty. i guess i want something new. any suggestions?

Fiery impact looks gorg but I probably won't get anything because of my budget for the VIB sale. I really like smokey mauve, extra silver (i do not wear silver es), triple impact. Zestful looks super promising too
Have you tried Gingerly blush? IMO it looks very natural on darker skin-tones.

MacNcheese

ETA : and since liba said the blushes are more apparent with foundation i might just wear macs face and body on my cheeks first and then apply the blush on das where i dont want to do a whole face
I agree! When I get my orders in I will make an effort to post swatches.

luvlydee

She says in the caption of those pictures that she was only wearing Chanel's Perfection Lumiere foundation on her face so the blushes are accurately shown and used no filters, only natural lighting and an app to make the collage. It kind of looks like a filter, but I'm just going off what she said :)
I dont think she has filters on the pics of the blushes themselves but her face shes def using a filter. It looks just like a beautifying filter in app where it smooths you out. I mean if she really isnt using a filter on her face then woow she really has an awesome face and im jealous!

PrettyKitty

I dont think she has filters on the pics of the blushes themselves but her face shes def using a filter. It looks just like a beautifying filter in app where it smooths you out. I mean if she really isnt using a filter on her face then woow she really has an awesome face and im jealous!
Nobody is blurry like that in real life, she might have perfect skin but it's still burry.

Jol0

Blazing Haute doesn't look orange on me like it does on Temptalias swatches. Although I'm wanting Smoky Mauve a little more now thanks to her review.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Admittedly I feel a little stupid that I seem to be pretty much the only one who doesn't like the blushes.
001_unsure.gif
I'm not sure if it was because the waxy coat that has been mentioned. I really digged in there with different brushes, which were always clean. But it was so hard to pick up product, they were just stiff and weird. And I totally expected T to give them a bad rating, so I'm surprised.
I'm glad to read that they work for most of you, though!