MAC Interviews & Hiring Process

Janice

YAy! Good for you!!!!!!!
greengrin.gif

User20

I'm going to add on some questions to this list.

We were asked:

What our cosmetics exeprience was
What we feel customer service is (but it wasn't asked like this, it was asked in a confusing way lol)
Where we get our inspiration from
What our friends would describe us as

Miss_Behave

about the "not asking how old someone is": this is seriously the strangest thing I've ever heard! here in Germany it's standard that you put you're birthday in every application. I can't believe anybody can be sued for asking how old someone is, that's soo weird!

farra712

Just wanted to add some questions I was asked while it is fresh on my mind. (It seems that they may just ask you any questions that they feel are important to them, as I have seen so many people list different things.) She asked me why I wanted to work for MAC, what my longterm goals were, and asked me how I thought I did on my demo and when I said I felt I could have done better she asked me what I would have done differently. I was all prepared for her to ask where inspiration came from or something like that. But she didn't....

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlocke79
since someone mentioned discrimination i wanted to ask if MAC hires women who cover. i was interested in applying before when i wasn't covering but i have decided to since then and im afraid they won't hire me because of this. but then again isn't that religious discrimination?

anyways if anyone knows, please let me know.

Covering isn't a problem. And you're right, it would be religious discrimination.
The one thing I would caution you about is we are an extremely gay/lesbian/bi/transgendered positive company and *most* deeply held religious beliefs conflict with that... we have a very high proportion of not just gay men - but lesbian and bi women - who are part of our team. So I think any concern a manager would have has less to do with your covering and more to do with whether you would be completely and genuinely comfortable in our environment.
And if you are - then absolutely apply for a job!!

mzreyes

thanks! this is a HUGE help. i have an interview on wednesday. and im kinda nervous. but at least i can look at these questions and think about what to say!

nicole samantha

they also asked how we would define MAC, like what the company stands for and represents and the message that workers would like to send to their customers. at my macy's interview a couple of years ago, they asked how we would sell macy's water bottles just to see our customer service skills. they also asked how we would approach customers who came to the counter-a lot of role playing.

Latest posts