MAC Interviews & Hiring Process

chocolategoddes

Re: I am now a MAC employee! Detailed description of my demo and interview. Long post

awesome... did you ever find out what the "foundation" issue was about??? it might have been because of the smaller selection of foundations... well,doesn't matter now.
CONGRATS!!!

ExquisiteImages

Re: I am now a MAC employee! Detailed description of my demo and interview. Long post

Congratulations! I am so happy for you
smiles.gif

Pnk85

That is so exciting, congratulations!!!

I would have passed out from all of that pressure.......

Jot

Congratulations and thanks so much for all the detail, i loved reading your story. xx

kbrit08

wow you sound so talented!You deserve the job,hope you love it
amuse.gif
thanks for such a detailed story x

Penn

I really enjoyed reading your experience, thank you for sharing it with us and congrats on getting the job!

smellyocheese

congratulations! i'm so glad you made it! and I must say that the recruitment over there is much much much more intense than over her. You did a great job. and your story was excellent. I read every last bit of it
winks.gif

nunu

congratulations and thanks for all the info
smiles.gif

shorty

Re: I got a demo interview!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
woo im gonna read your new thread now im soo excited lol
greengrin.gif

and not yet.. i might look on the website for it or something, ill give them a ring as soon as i get it

glambabe you need to ring them! if i hadnt rang to chase up my application, i wouldnt have not got my job, they had lost my details!!

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
awesome... did you ever find out what the "foundation" issue was about??? it might have been because of the smaller selection of foundations... well,doesn't matter now.
CONGRATS!!!

Lol, no. I got too many conflicting answers. My model ended up wearing fondation, but we switched models and my new one didn't have foundation on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyocheese
congratulations! i'm so glad you made it! and I must say that the recruitment over there is much much much more intense than over her. You did a great job. and your story was excellent. I read every last bit of it
winks.gif

From what I know, it's been like this for at least 4 years. (I tried out 4 years ago and it was the same format).

I am surprised that I was able to get the job within a week of asking about it/applying. I am even more excited to help out at the counter I frequent often. I love the girls there and the manager is awesome.

So far everyone at MAC has been really helpful and kind. They are so approachable which makes learning so much easier. I can't wait to start working.

makeupNdesign

CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting for you and good luck in your career
smiles.gif
I was on the edge of my seat the entire time reading your story, lol.

andicandi3x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveleighe
Hey i just had my interview this afternoon and i wanted to add my experience. The manager sat me down on a bench outside of the macys and read questions from a packet. she asked me
what made me want to work for MAC?
How i felt about time and attendance?
How i would change my selling technique if i was nearing the end of the week and not near my sales goal?
what MAC products i owned?
if i had reliable transportaton to go to basic training in the next state?
How i would deal with conflicts with coworkers?
How would i feel about constructive criticism from a manager, how i would feel about constructive criticism from a seasoned counter artist?
How I would react if a customer refused to let me work on them?
What I would do on a reaal slow shift?
What I would do if a customer asked me something i didn't know the answer to?
How i would describe myself?
Where I see myself in a year?
What i think a MAC artist's duties were?
What i think customer service is? teamwork?
What is an example of when i gave great customer service
How I would increase the sale if someone came in wanting carbon e/s?

that's all i can remember but i was asked 2 pages of questions. Some practical advice i can give is if you won't understand the question then ask fo clarification some of the questions were worded funny so i asked what she meant and she was glad to re-word it. Also make sure you ask questions when given the chance it shows interest. HTH

I applied at a Macy's counter today and the mangers (yes there were two because its a launch day) asked me alot of these questions after checking my resume and then gave me an official app... Is there a reason for this? After I finished and gave them the app she said she was sending it to the recruiter but they arent hiring. I dont know if I made a good impression and they wanted me on file or what.I just thought it was weird usually you will get a try back in a few months. Same thing happened when I hit up a freestanding store in georgetown only she didnt give me an app... Maybe because I am in a major metro area.

What do you guys think?

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Welcome to the Specktra Industry > Working for Cosmetics Retailers subforum! This is a bustling subforum for those who work on the front-line of make-up in cosmetic retail and related jobs.

A few handy links and tips:
  • We love it when you share your hiring and employment timeline stories, but in order to reduce forum clutter please keep these stories within a single thread. If you start multiple threads along the same theme, they will be merged together.

• Merged threads together.

clslvr6spd

Let me know when you start! I want you to do my makeup.
winkiss.gif

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
Let me know when you start! I want you to do my makeup.
winkiss.gif

I'll be sure too!

mreichert

congrat.gif

Sounds like you did an extremely good job! Anyone would be lucky to have you do their mu for them
smiles.gif

brownsuga lady

Great story Miss Supra! Congrats on your new gig. Sounds like you ROCKED that demo and interview and you deserve it! Kudos!
thmbup.gif

Maybe one day I'll get where you are
winks.gif