MAC items and shades that are not available in Australia

redambition

Some of the items that pop up may be old news to some of us, however I think it might be worthwhile to start compiling a list of permanent products and shades that we know for a fact are discontinued or not available in Australia, but are available in the USA or other countries. (Put it this way, a thread like this would have saved me a disappointing visit to the pro store today!)

To try and keep this searchable, please ensure that you list both what the item is as well as the shade. That way we can run a search in MAC Chat Australia for an item and it should display the relevant posts in this thread.

To start:

Teal Pigment (permanent and non-pro in USA, not on the schematics or available in Australia.)

sambibabe

Great idea~
From my own experiences;

Prep + Prime SPF 50
Prep + Prime Skin Enhancer (colour corrective)
Prep + Prime Refined Zone (oil control and pore refiner)
Pink Nouveau lipstick (Perm USA, non pro)
Full Coverage Foundation (Perm USA, pro)

spectrolite

^^Omg I was wondering where Teal piggie was when I was at the pro store last. I thought maybe they just sold out. That's so weird that it is not available here
ssad.gif

Blunt Blush - Warm, matte, brown colour. That is the only one I can think of that hasn't been said.

redambition

Current list of Eye shadows that appear on maccosmetics.com but not maccosmetics.com.au (ToD and LE shadows are excluded).

These *might* still be available at counters and stores if they were previously available here and were discontinued in AU.

Eye Shadow - Bitter (pro only in AU)
Eye Shadow - Brun
Eye Shadow - Chrome Yellow (pro only in AU)
Eye Shadow - Era
Eye Shadow - Haux
Eye Shadow - Naval
Eye Shadow - Sable
Eye Shadow - Saddle
Eye Shadow - Samoa Silk (pro only in AU)
Eye Shadow - Vapour

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
Current list of Eye shadows that appear on maccosmetics.com but not maccosmetics.com.au (ToD and LE shadows are excluded).

These *might* still be available at counters and stores if they were previously available here and were discontinued in AU.

Eye Shadow - Bitter
Eye Shadow - Brun
Eye Shadow - Chrome Yellow
Eye Shadow - Era
Eye Shadow - Haux
Eye Shadow - Naval
Eye Shadow - Sable
Eye Shadow - Saddle
Eye Shadow - Samoa Silk
Eye Shadow - Vapour

I know for a fact you can get Samoa Silk, Chrome Yellow and Bitter from AUS pro stores. The others possibly are too.

Lyssah

me neither.. I always have wanted golden lemon pigment and i'm too cheap to get it from amercia.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
I dont understand why these arent available here.

MAC decides there's "no market" for it.

I know there's also certain Face and Body shades that aren't available here but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
me neither.. I always have wanted golden lemon pigment and i'm too cheap to get it from amercia.

Isn't it here? I used it twice and not crazy about it. I even tried the wet application and the colour payout wasn't great.
th_dunno.gif

sweetangelkiss

When I went to the MAC counter at Myer Brisbane I asked for "Oh Baby" lipglass and they told me it was not available in AU as it was discontinued. I know they are selling this in the USA as my friend just bought it and asked at the counter she goes to in the Beverly Centre.

Paramnesia

Quote:
I know there's also certain Face and Body shades that aren't available here but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Hmmm yeah I suspected that, as far as I know they don't have the white shade and the lightest shade I've tried was way too dark for me.

tana2210

228 mini shader brush isnt available at my counter. I purchased it when i was in the UK at a counter there

lara

The 228 is available from maccosmetics.com.au and the Paddington/Chapel St stores.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl888
the 272 brush isn't available in aus but is still on the us site

I believe #272 is LE. It is sold out here and apparently it is being DC'd in US as well.

tarnii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
Hmmm yeah I suspected that, as far as I know they don't have the white shade and the lightest shade I've tried was way too dark for me.

That is a pity I had been hoping to pick up the white shade to try and modify some of the many bottles of foundation I have sitting in the cupboard after reading about it in another thread.

Latest posts